Princeton Review Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 28, 2016

2.9

Marketing/Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Edison, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

I passed a phone interview about five days before attending the in-person interview. I arrived at the office about five minutes early. Upon entering, I waited in a conference room for a couple minutes and met with the Marketing/Outreach Manager I had the phone interview with. She didn't seem completely prepared with questions or comments, taking a few moments to think of questions while looking over my resume. She did answer all of my questions thoroughly though. When I finished asking my questions, she told me the Executive Director would be coming in to talk to me which I didn't know would be happening. I waited for a couple minutes while he finished a meeting. He was extremely personable. We talked casually about our alma mater and our opinions about higher education. He said he prefers to have conversations rather than ask typical interview questions. Both interviews took about two hours with waiting.

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest strength?
      What's your greatest weakness?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Princeton Review (New York, NY).

Interview

30 minute HR interview, two interviews with department head / exec. Everyone was very nice, pleasant, and seemed engaged with hiring the right fit. Questions were all pretty standard - sample scenarios to assess management style.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent challenge and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Princeton Review.

Interview

I initially had a phone screening, where I was asked questions about my previous experiences, questions about my resume, etc. It was about 20-30 minutes. Later that week, I was offered an in-person interview, which was said to last about 40-60 minutes. Unfortunately, the distance and the hourly pay dissuading me from continuing on to the in-person interview. But overall, it was a seamless, painless, and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• For someone with your qualifications, why are you applying for this position?   Answer Question

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Edison, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied for the Outreach Coordinator position at the Edison, NJ office. Was first called for a phone interview. The company recruiter emailed me back calling me in for an in person interview. The interview lasted an hour. When I came home I got another email from the recruiter asking when I can come in for a second interview with the executive director. Very excited, I emailed her back with my schedule. A half hour later she emails me back to say that they have decided to eliminate the position as a whole and that no one is being considered for the role. It was a waste of time and very unprofessional!!!!

SAT Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The interview begins with a 7-8 minute 'lecture' given by the applicant of a topic of their choice. I think they're looking for reasonably extroverted teachers who include the class and are comfortable with teaching a group of high school students. In my interview experience the employee who conducted my interview was rather rude and made it seem as though I was wasting her time. I also felt she was treating me like a child or one of her students rather than a potential coworker. Additionally, they had us take an ACT test, (which was a surprise to me, and hurt my final chances of getting the job as I've never taken and am completely unfamiliar with the ACT, in particular the science portion). Throughout the process I was overall feeling quite put-off by the company and, what I perceived to be a lack of professionalism and class.

Tutoring Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princeton Review in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR was very easy. Questions about my experience, why I want the position, etc. HR person was very knowledgable, friendly, said the site director would call me to schedule a second interview by Friday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an inperson interview. It went well and the interviewer told me that there'd be a quick HR interview (that he said was more a formality) and then a presentation. I told him I had a quick trip coming up and that all seemed fine.

HR calls and there's clearly little intracompany communication. The interview lasts over an hour (which was fine...but just let me know instead of having me thinking this is a relatively painless 10 minute thing) and then there's an interview with the Executive Director of the CA branch (again, not mentioned in the initial outline).

I did well on the second interview and the person says that she will call me to schedule the next round early next week. Not a "if we're interested." She says she will and then has me fill out an application that takes about an hour and is superfluous...but necessary just to have me hired.

And then they ghost me like they're online dating. I email the HR woman I spoke with later the next week after not hearing her, leave her voicemails....and nothing. Not a phone call or email back, even to say they went with another option. I try the first person who interviewed me, just seeing if HR is busy....and no response.

All of this behavior strikes me as incredibly unprofessional. I spent about 4 hours in interviews and that pointless application and was led to believe I had definitely moved to the next level, only for Princeton Review to not even have the courtesy of a response. I know that they teach primarily high schoolers, but that doesn't mean they should act like them as well.

Corporate Controller Interview

Interview

I was asked very thorough and thoughtful questions. The Company seemed to be very casual and a very interesting, good company to work for. People were nice and extras (coffee, etc) were plentiful

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Princeton Review.

Interview

Went through an initial phone screen, then an in-person with the office's director, and then a final in-person with a VP. Never heard back after the third in-person interview.

SAT Instructor Interview

Application

I interviewed at Princeton Review in July 2014.

Interview

Territory manager was friendly, energetic, and straightforward. For the interview, i was asked to prepare a 5 minute teachback on any non-academic subject. Afterward, I took a shortened SAT exam. Office was small and casual. I can tell that they are looking for instructors who can make the SAT studying process a fun and enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions on the SAT exam. I didn't expect taking an SAT exam (even if it was a shortened version).   Answer Question