Princeton Review Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

SAT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princeton Review (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

After screening my initial application and making me take a qualifying exam to prove my competency, they sent me an email notifying me that I should set up a time for a Skype interview. Fast forward to the date of the interview, they notified me mere minutes before the set time that they had already hired all of the instructors they needed and therefore did not need to interview me. TPR seems very disorganized, and somewhat rude.

Interview Questions

• (They canceled minutes before the interview, but I've heard they mainly ask personality and motivation based questions)   Answer Question

MCAT Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princeton Review in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter via email in early March to complete a qualifying exam for the subject I was applying to teach. I was told I successfully passed the exam and then had a phone interview with the same recruiter. After completing the phone interview, I was invited to complete an online audition, which included a 5 minute presentation on a scientific topic of my choice. I completed the online audition with another Princeton Review employee 2 weeks after the initial contact, and was told I should hear back about the position soon. About 2 months later and nobody from the company ever contacted me again! I sent numerous emails, called the recruiter, and left several messages, but they were all ignored. They never gave me a yes or a no. I never received any feedback after the audition. The only emails I received from Princeton Review since have been ads inviting me to sign up for one of the very courses I was applying to teach. This left a very bad impression of how this company operates.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience teaching online?   1 Answer

Marketing/Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Edison, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

I passed a phone interview about five days before attending the in-person interview. I arrived at the office about five minutes early. Upon entering, I waited in a conference room for a couple minutes and met with the Marketing/Outreach Manager I had the phone interview with. She didn't seem completely prepared with questions or comments, taking a few moments to think of questions while looking over my resume. She did answer all of my questions thoroughly though. When I finished asking my questions, she told me the Executive Director would be coming in to talk to me which I didn't know would be happening. I waited for a couple minutes while he finished a meeting. He was extremely personable. We talked casually about our alma mater and our opinions about higher education. He said he prefers to have conversations rather than ask typical interview questions. Both interviews took about two hours with waiting.

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest strength?
      What's your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Had to prepare a PowerPoint presentation interview with location manager. Got a call back and interviewed with Area manager and another employee. They told me they would call by the end of the week and they didn't. I called and emailed them with no reply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Princeton Review (New York, NY).

Interview

30 minute HR interview, two interviews with department head / exec. Everyone was very nice, pleasant, and seemed engaged with hiring the right fit. Questions were all pretty standard - sample scenarios to assess management style.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Princeton Review.

Interview

I initially had a phone screening, where I was asked questions about my previous experiences, questions about my resume, etc. It was about 20-30 minutes. Later that week, I was offered an in-person interview, which was said to last about 40-60 minutes. Unfortunately, the distance and the hourly pay dissuading me from continuing on to the in-person interview. But overall, it was a seamless, painless, and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• For someone with your qualifications, why are you applying for this position?   Answer Question

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Edison, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied for the Outreach Coordinator position at the Edison, NJ office. Was first called for a phone interview. The company recruiter emailed me back calling me in for an in person interview. The interview lasted an hour. When I came home I got another email from the recruiter asking when I can come in for a second interview with the executive director. Very excited, I emailed her back with my schedule. A half hour later she emails me back to say that they have decided to eliminate the position as a whole and that no one is being considered for the role. It was a waste of time and very unprofessional!!!!

SAT Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The interview begins with a 7-8 minute 'lecture' given by the applicant of a topic of their choice. I think they're looking for reasonably extroverted teachers who include the class and are comfortable with teaching a group of high school students. In my interview experience the employee who conducted my interview was rather rude and made it seem as though I was wasting her time. I also felt she was treating me like a child or one of her students rather than a potential coworker. Additionally, they had us take an ACT test, (which was a surprise to me, and hurt my final chances of getting the job as I've never taken and am completely unfamiliar with the ACT, in particular the science portion). Throughout the process I was overall feeling quite put-off by the company and, what I perceived to be a lack of professionalism and class.

Tutoring Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princeton Review in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR was very easy. Questions about my experience, why I want the position, etc. HR person was very knowledgable, friendly, said the site director would call me to schedule a second interview by Friday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an inperson interview. It went well and the interviewer told me that there'd be a quick HR interview (that he said was more a formality) and then a presentation. I told him I had a quick trip coming up and that all seemed fine.

HR calls and there's clearly little intracompany communication. The interview lasts over an hour (which was fine...but just let me know instead of having me thinking this is a relatively painless 10 minute thing) and then there's an interview with the Executive Director of the CA branch (again, not mentioned in the initial outline).

I did well on the second interview and the person says that she will call me to schedule the next round early next week. Not a "if we're interested." She says she will and then has me fill out an application that takes about an hour and is superfluous...but necessary just to have me hired.

And then they ghost me like they're online dating. I email the HR woman I spoke with later the next week after not hearing her, leave her voicemails....and nothing. Not a phone call or email back, even to say they went with another option. I try the first person who interviewed me, just seeing if HR is busy....and no response.

All of this behavior strikes me as incredibly unprofessional. I spent about 4 hours in interviews and that pointless application and was led to believe I had definitely moved to the next level, only for Princeton Review to not even have the courtesy of a response. I know that they teach primarily high schoolers, but that doesn't mean they should act like them as well.