Princeton University Librarian Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in April 2009.

Interview

The interview for this position was an entire day with meetings scheduled with different individuals and with various groups. In addition, I had to give a presentation that was open to all staff.
Most of the day went well. I met with the University Librarian, with the person to whom I would report, with some faculty members, and with various other staff and librarians with whom I would work or interact. A very grueling day.

While most of the people were professional and seemed to want to give a good impression of the workplace, there were a few staff members in particular who were almost belligerent in the way in which they asked questions or addressed me. I understand the need to give a real perception of the workplace, but this was a little too real and I would not want to have to work with people such as those. The job may be at Princeton University, but it seems they have some internal housecleaning to do before they can expect to attract some qualified people.

Interview Questions

• How would you change your teaching style for a different audience (graduate vs undergraduate student or faculty)?   Answer Question

I declined the offer because of the profoundly negative experience I had with some of the staff members who currently work at the Library. In fact, I withdrew my candidacy at the end of the interview day. The interview process/structure itself was fine but the people are not necessarily so.