Princeton University Interview Questions in New Jersey | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.5

Office Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Phone interview, then entire morning of meetings. Met with an HR rep and then had 6 30-min. interviews with different people in the department. Also took an online MS Word test and an Excel test, as well as a writing and spelling test.

Laboratory Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through Princeton University hiring website. I was asked to interview at the main building for EHS. I met several of the staff, including the Managing Director, the Director of Laboratory Safety, and all of the Supervisors. They asked me several questions about my experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been involved in a laboratory safety incident?   Answer Question

Manager, Information Technology Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

The position was posted on the university's website and provided an online application process. The interview consisted of an initial phone interview to assess basic level of required skills, followed by an interview with 4 senior level managers, followed up by a second round of interviews with several faculty.

Interview Questions

• How would I manage an issue surrounding a faculty member who did not receive an acceptable level of service by a technician.   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

Contact with professor via email, first step: recommendation letters, second step: skype interview. Received Job offer immediately.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton Junction, Mercer, NJ

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton Junction, Mercer, NJ) in June 2008.

Interview

Phone interview, resume sent, nice people very nice work environment. Lots of interactions and very fun place to be great town and close to NY very smart people all around many einsteins everywhere with long beards. really enjoy the place and think of smart people best for future progress and greatest school in country

PhD Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Interview with several faculty members one on one. They talked to me about my research experience and where I wanted to take my own work. They also described their work and solicited my thoughts on it.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was during the phone call. Beforehand, the interview is scheduled with the targeted professors based on interests and background. After the phone interview, my profile was checked by graduate school and department

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Got in touch with a Professor who is recruiting. I was invited to give a talk (45min) on my graduate reseach. Talked with the members there. A week later, I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• When I can start the job if offered.   1 Answer

PhD Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

Lengthy application, interview was quick (one weekend). Mostly about touring the place rather than a rigorous interview. Mostly the interview weekend functions to screen out the wackos who look good on paper. Once you get the interview you are more or less in.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Half day interview; met with multiple different parties for 1/2 hour blocks of time.

Interview itself wasn't bad - really got a good feel for the department and what would be required. The most challenging part was finding the building - signage was terrible and snow made it challenging.

The worst part was after the interview. I was explicitly told by an HR representative while I was there that either he or the potential supervisor would call me within the next week and a half - either way. I clarified to make sure I heard him correctly, and he confirmed. After over two weeks, I heard nothing, so I reached out to him via email - no response. I found out someone else got the position after over a month of checking my online application status, and seeing the position was full. Another two weeks after that, I received an email from an Admin Assistant, telling me that I did not get the job.

This was completely unprofessional. If you're not going to call, then don't say you will. Not responding to emails, especially with prospective staff recruits, is rude and has put a completely negative idea in my mind on the values of the institution if they treat prospective employees in this way. I'm okay with not getting the job, but not with being told I'll be contacted by phone, and then ignored.