Princeton University Interview Questions in New Jersey | Glassdoor

2.6

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Resume sent online, phone call, brief chat, loooong 2 hour interview with Staffing HR, Department Manager, another manager, and 3 other Administrative Staff. Was pretty stuffy with HR and DM - but other staff more friendly. Got the feeling some tension within the team.

Interview Questions

• Not so difficult, but recurring question regarding "how do you handle difficult personalities?"
      A lot of "behavioral" type questions.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Jobs for students are posted on the Student Employment Website. I submitted a resume and cover letter, followed by a short 20 minute interview about my resume. I worked for a politics professor and was able to work about 8 hours per week, whenever I wanted. We met once a week to discuss my research progress, and I self-reported hours into the payroll system.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Salary had been posted on the job site already.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process took 2 days. You are invited to visit the school and you are asked to meet with at-least 3 faculty members on a one on one basis to discuss research.

Generic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

When I traveled to Princeton for the day, I found the experience very easy. The HR group faciliated the day and schedule very well, the day went very smoothly, including my travel and accommodations. everyone was friendly and welcoming

Interview Questions

• What questions did I have for them   1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied as with the full application, including many writing samples, curriculum vitae, and three recommendations from three professors who had taught me, and i also submitted extra materials to enhance my application. The interview only occurred after I had been accepted to the PhD program. This seems like a dumb way to weed out candidates! When you are accepting 2% of the applications you receive, why not meet some people first? I don't understand or respect this manner of hiring.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

There was a brief 1-on-1 interview, during which I was asked about my qualifications at a tutor, strategies I found useful in the class, what I would do in certain situations, etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I felt like I was qualified to tutor Microeconomics, and how I would ensure that my students would be able to learn.   Answer Question

Circulation Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

They only asked me behavioral questions about my non-academic life on campus and how good I am with time management. Because Firestone Circulation is always lacking people, she talked as if I had already gotten the job.

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

I met a professor who I had contacted through email in person. We sat down once and chatted about his work. I I was doing research through a program which payed half of my stipend and expected Princeton to pay the other half. Since I came from a pretty prestigious university, it was pretty much assumed that I was qualified for the job. The interview was more of a get to know each other.

Interview Questions

• He asked me about what I wanted to get out of the research, logistics of the program I was doing research for, and what my interests were.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

There was no interview process. Admission seemed to be based solely off of resumes and essays that were included in the application. Essays were not particularly short but not hard to complete.

PhD Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

There's just an online application. This application involves writing a personal statement, providing letters of recommendation, submitting all of your transcripts, and, finally, submitting your GRE and GRE Subject test scores.