Principal Financial Group IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Principal Financial Group IT Interview Questions

2.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group in November 2016.

Interview

It took around a month for them to call me to schedule a phone interview. The first round was just behavioral questions. They asked about projects done in classes, an experience when I had to apply a new skill, hobbies. I answered them with as much detail as possible. The whole phone interview took approximately 30 minutes. I was told that they would get back with a decision in 2 weeks, but I never got a response.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Principal Financial Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA) in March 2016.

Interview

1 round non-technical behavioral questioning with HR, 1 round non-technical behavioral questioning with two 2-person technical teams. More optional rounds to better understand the position.

Overall, they responded quickly to my questions, answered them pretty completely, and made the experience very easy. Even the opportunity sounded like a good fit, but their compensation is lacking.

Interview Questions

• I was asked multiple times just to elaborate on the experience I wrote about on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was offered a phone interview after applying online. Interview was very friendly and relaxed. Principal doesn't ask coding questions during internship interviews. The questions are more behavioral. They consider freshman and sophomores along with juniors for IT internships. You apply for a general IT internship and the specific role is determined after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time that you had to explain something technical.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group.

Interview

I met with them at a booth at my university's career fair. I was asked for an in-person interview the next day. There were three interviewers. Two were from HR and one was a technical interviewer.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not very technical. More just to get to know who they were interviewing.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for an interview in 1.5 weeks. Initial phone screening interview just had basic behavioral questions. I got to the second interview, which was a three part phone interview (each around 30 mins) for three separate teams. Very nice and relaxing conversation with extremely friendly and passionate people. Got the offer 1-2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a group project you had and any difficulties you had to overcome.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group in December 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews , one was by the HR and the other was by two technical leds at Principal and they were expecting some technical answers to their questions but I was interested in Business Analyst role.

IT Interview

Interview

Phone interview was about 30 min. It was over basic information such as school work. What was my most difficult project. Asked how much I wanted to make as an intern. What my GPA currently was. A few behavior questions and leadership questions. I am currently on to the next step of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The only technical question was what was my most difficult assignment that I didn't understand   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group in April 2014.

Interview

Very easy. On the phone, the recruiter asked me a few questions about my resume. Mostly focusing on the skills section. Then, 2 people specializing in the role I applied for interviewed me. It was kind of intimidating only because (after meeting them) that's just the kind of people they are. Totally friendly after all.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA) in November 2013.

Interview

Behavioral phone interview, with many questions about personality. Some minor technical questions about my qualifications, and what I've worked on in the past.

Technical but Microsoft-difficult interview onsite, then another behavioral interview onsite

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA) in July 2011.

Interview

HR screening followed by phone interview and in person interview. The questions asked were the usual one can expect. The interviewers were professional and asked pertinent questions. I got a sense of the company from the type of questions that were being asked. Great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Describe scenario in which you dealt with an issue and how you resolved it   Answer Question