Principal Financial Group Investment Accounting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Principal Financial Group Investment Accounting Interview Questions

Interviews at Principal Financial Group

Investment Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group.

Interview

First round interview - Just asked about my resume, skills, why I want to work at Principal.

Second round interview - Went through my resume again but in more depth. Pretty much all behavioral questions.

The interview was pretty laid-back, not very stressful. I was expecting at least some technical questions, but I was pretty young and clearly didn't have the experience, and I think they realized that.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Principal Financial Group

Investment Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied on or around the first week in April. I was called two weeks later to set up a phone interview. I had the phone interview with a Human Resources Recruiter on the following Tuesday. They told me it could be two to three weeks before I hear anything. That Friday of the same week I got a call to meet with two hiring managers. Went the following Thursday, said they'd make a decision the following week. The following
    Wednesday I was asked in for a second interview that Friday. The next Monday I was offered my dream job!!!! I was fortunate I have been in a variety of situations that related to the questions they asked. Between the date I submitted my resume to the day I was offered a position was about 40-45 days.

Interview Questions

• none were extremely hard or difficult. Maybe, what is my ideal work situation, what do I like the most about where I am and dont.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt even think to negotiate. The pay was reasonable and the benefits are amazing. besides I got a position I was trying to get for three years. Weigh out the pros and cons of your current salary as well as benefits before just looking at the dollar amount offered. 401k match is money added to your salary whether or not you actually physically get it on a check, time paid off, medical premiums, etc. Principal has been my ideal place forever and I'm so excited to get started!