Principal Global Investors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Principal Global Investors

2.9

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

A lot of phone interviews and one in person interview. The in person interciew lasted almost all day. Mostly why you want to join the company, why equity research, some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• what book have you read recently?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Principal Global Investors (Pune (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Written test through Elitmus consisting of Quants,DI,LR and Verbal. Level of difficulty was a bit lower than CAT exam
    Then next day, we were given a blank paper asking us write about where we see ourselves in 5 years from now. Then 2 rounds of interview, having logical puzzles and some typical HR interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How to measure weight of an Elephant without weighing scale etc?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Principal Global Investors (Pune (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was very nice and brief.I got through after a round of E litmus Exam.
    The first of the interviews focused on simple problems solving questions. They next quizzed me about my projects and a recurring Question remained about my marks being low.Finally an HR interview happened.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Principal Global Investors (Pune (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

Got a mail from HR( I had applied through referral), There was a 1 hour MCQ paper on testing and quantative analysis.
    Got 3 rounds of interview- technical , managerial and HR.

Interview Questions

• the interview went quite smooth, though the interviewer was making angry face.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They already pay highest in the market, so negotiating is not possible. HR team is quite strict.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Principal Global Investors (Pune (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

There was quantitative aptitude at first conducted by elitmus. Test level was difficult.There were 3 rounds of interviews for selected candidates .first was pre hr,2nd was technical and 3rd was hr.whole process took 2 days.They offered testing and QA.

Interview Questions

• first round was pre-hr general questions about projects and problem solving.Second interview was pure technical and they ask about java and database concepts.3rd was hr and it was about testing your mindset.   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Principal Global Investors (Pune (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

An online test Hosted by Elitmus was conducted which was no less than any college exam. Exam was of 2:30 - 3 hours which was tough. Exam consisted of General Aptitude, Technical and Verbal, Analytical and etc.

Cleared the exam and was then selected for Technical Interview, which was also good where they checked my basic and a hit detailed knowledge regarding programming and other OS concepts.

Cleared the technical and then after faced the Managerial rounds where puzzles and other non questions were asked, which was also i have given great. But wasnt selected for final HR round.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write a java code for JDBC Connectivity?   Answer Question
    • Fetch some rows from database using JDBC connectivity and display the result.   Answer Question
    • A real time scenario was given and then asked how to solve using Programming Paradigm.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Principal Global Investors (Pune (India)).

Interview

They hire through E-litmus pH test , It consist of questions on verbal ability , analytical reasoning & problem solving. Then they have 2 rounds of interview Technical and personal.In technical interview they ask about everything on resume . HR round is tough .

Coder Interview

Application

Interview

A tough e litmus aptitude which i manged to crack.
    And a Technical + H.R interview which I could not clear cause my resume wasnt matching their criteria.
    Others who managed to crack where further subjected to 2 more interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Principal Global Investors (Pune (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Got the interview call through elitmus.There were two rounds of interview - technical and hr.In technical they were just testing the logical and reasoning skills.No tough questions were asked.HR round was absolute rubbish.Asked some irrelevant questions.Overall positive experience.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Principal Global Investors (Pune (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

They check your aptitude and attitude.First is you have to pass the e-litmus test which pretty difficult. Then 2-3 rounds of interview. 1 technical mostly for comp-it students and 2 HR rounds.

Interview Questions

• In technical interview they will ask you about your projects and cross question over it and some concepts of DataStructures basic not that tough. In HR i was just asked Tell me about yourself. Overall it was pretty ok.   Answer Question