Principle Solutions Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2016

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Principle Solutions Group (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

PS Group reached out to me when they observed a close fit with my experience and skillset and a unique requirement. A phone interview was followed up by several face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• My approach to problem solving, and adaptability in providing solutions to problems.   1 Answer

Dec 13, 2016 – Director of Operations

Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad that we were able to facilitate a great opportunity for you! We wish you all the best in your new role.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Principle Solutions Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I skipped the phone interview and went straight to a face to face. I interviewed with Mike and Kelly, the Recruiting Director's on Friday during lunch. It was a very casual get to know you session, where they evaluated my career goals and what culture I was looking for. My second interview was with the two owner's on Monday. It was a longer interview where they really found out more information about my background and personality fit. I was offered the position on Wednesday and accepted that day. If they are sure about your fit with the company, they will move very quickly!

Interview Questions

• What was your GPA?
      (If you have previous experience) How many starts did you have at your last position? How does that stack up with the rest of the company?
      Why are you looking to leave your current employer?
      What interests you about technology?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted their offer because it was more than I was asking for.

Dec 7, 2016 – Director of Operations

Thank you for your response, we are happy to hear that your interview experience with us was a positive one. It is important to us that our employees are not only qualified for the position but that ... More

Public Engagement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Principle Solutions Group (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I hadn't actually applied for the position. Instead, I received a cold call, which I was initially glad to get, from a Principle Solutions Group recruiter in the organization's Charlotte, N.C., office. He was contacting me regarding a contract-to-hire position with Duke Energy. We had a seemingly productive conversation, in which we discussed my experience with utilities and issues management. He emailed me the full job description, and I responded with a summary of several relevant projects, along with my current resume.

A week passed, and I called him for an update. He said he would speak with Duke Energy in a few days and would let me know the results either way--whether the company would proceed with me or not. He elaborated, saying that he wanted to maintain communications with me as a way to ensure good relations for potential future job prospects.

Another week and half passed with NO update from him--neither by phone or email. I emailed me requesting information, but received no reply.

It's obvious what transpired. Duke Energy didn't want to proceed, he moved on to other candidates or projects and ignored his word to get back with me. Principle Solutions Group has left a bad taste in my mouth, as has Duke Energy. This isn't the first time a no-name recruiter has called me out of the blue claiming to be hiring for Duke.

I didn't use Glassdoor to prepare for the interview only because the recruiter called me cold. Therefore, I couldn't prepare at all. I've used Glassdoor previously for other interview situations in which I've scheduled the appointment ahead of time and have valued the online input of contributors greatly. That's why I've taken the time to provide my thoughts here. Beware of Principle Solutions Group and Duke Energy; my experience with them indicates they're a waste of time.

Interview Questions

Principle Solutions Group Response

Dec 7, 2016 – Director of Operations

Thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to maintain contact with all candidates we are working with regardless of client decisions. We apologize that this may not have been the case in this ... More

SQL Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Principle Solutions Group (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Not only did the recruiter find me an interview for the wrong position, he changed the job description to match the position I wanted and scheduled me for the position HE wanted and changed MY resume.

I would never think to come to this company again for anything. They have only proven incompetent, and manipulative.

Interview Questions

• How many diapers should Germany plan to make for 2016?   1 Answer

Recruiter scheduled me for the wrong position.

Dec 7, 2016 – Director of Operations

Thank you for your feedback. We hate to hear that you did not have a positive experience with us. We do not condone unsolicited resume edits by our recruiters, however; there are situations in ... More