PrintingForLess.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PrintingForLess.com Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2016

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PrintingForLess.com in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process started with a phone screen from HR. The HR rep was very professional and courteous and the conversation went well. This led to a phone call from the CTO the following day, whom asked a bit more about my technical background, though no true technical questions were asked. It was a great opportunity to get a feel for the personality of the CTO, and the experience was very positive.

The next part of the process was a coding test, which is pretty time consuming as a step to make it to the technical interview. It would be nice if the code sample were smaller and the technical interview was first. I'm not sure how much weight is placed on the code test as well, I completed the MVP of the code test, however, if one judged me solely off the technical interview, one probably would have thought I had never seen C# code in my life.

The next step of the process was a technical video interview where many technical questions were asked these questions are great for judging how much information candidates hold on the top of their head, however, the nature of software development is one which developers often find themselves reading documentation to recall concepts that are less frequently used and may misrepresent an individuals ability to build quality applications.

With that said, this is the interview process and it is one that works for them in selecting the right folks for the job. This company seemed very professional throughout the entire process. Many companies often do not even reach out to candidates to tell them they had not been selected to continue, but PFL took the time to reach out and call me to let me know what I needed to work on in the future to join the team which I felt was very professional.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PrintingForLess.com in August 2016.

Interview

(1) I had a pleasant and standard phone screen with HR. (2) A few days later, I had a phone interview with the CTO whose line of questioning quickly put me on the defensive about my career. (3) The CTO asked for me to complete a coding project. The request was to build a shopping system using their API; from displaying products, to checkout, to order confirmation. Since the requirements were overly large for a coding test, I assumed that writing solid code for a few of the features was sufficient (8+ hours, plus code from my own framework). Upon completion, it was sent to HR. A few days later, after no code review or discussion, I received the following message from HR, "At this time, based on the information you provided, we do not have a position that appears to match your skills and experience". This statement is not factual, unprofessional, and insulting to send to a candidate after they spent considerable time with the interview process. Interestingly, I reused a lot of the same code for another interview and they were quite impressed and offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a senior developer? (said in an accusatory tone, as if I were lying to him, instead of an exploratory tone).   Answer Question

Dev Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PrintingForLess.com (Livingston, MT) in July 2016.

Interview

I reached out to PFL with a technical resume, and no specific job opening. HR took the time to call me on several occasions, and gather my interests and strengths to figure out where to place me. Due to the fact that I wasn't applying for a particular job, the interview process took longer just to place me into the right job opening. I completed 4 phone interviews; 3 with HR and one with the CTO. They were flexible on time, and respective of my time. They didn't start late, and they didn't run late.

In person was a unique interview experience. I faced tests, several panels, job shadowing, and interviews with several 'Chief' levels. There were no pointless questions. It was not made to be stressful or "stump" me. They allowed me to interview them as much as they interviewed me. The day was well thought out.

I was provided a job offer at the end of the interview, as well as an opportunity to ask any questions directly to the owner and CEO.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I failed to bring up salary negotiations in person, and I think this slightly me overall.

Bindery Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PrintingForLess.com (Livingston, MT) in January 2015.

Interview

Let's CUT to the point; Many of the questions seemed to line up with a cult-ish environment. Turns out there is a lot of history of this company involved with the doomsday cult 'Church of Universal Triumphant'. One of the perks was regular yoga classes taken at the office - not my thing. The benefits/paid time off/insurance seemed attractive, but in the end when all was said and done, I was declined the position. Something just didn't seem right when I was touring the plant - whether it was employee interaction or the lack therof, I still don't know. Several months later at another company I worked for, a friend and co-worker mentioned they'd tried to apply at PFL, and I had mentioned my experience in applying there as well. It was then that he mentioned the place was owned by a member of the CUT cult. Glad I didn't get hired!

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation I experienced in high school. (We're talking 20+ years ago?!)   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, MT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PrintingForLess.com (Livingston, MT) in June 2012.

Interview

There are 4 total interviews. The first interview is with HR. There are several tests involved: Typing, Basic Graphics, Basic computer, math, and a sample IQ question. The second interview are with senior sales team members and involved a personality test. The third interview is with sales coaches. The final is with senior management or the CEO.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy and to the point

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, MT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PrintingForLess.com (Livingston, MT) in June 2009.

Interview

I found the interview process unconventional to say the least. The initial call from their hr representitive was at best unprofessional. They we unflexible and demanding when scheduling the interview and would not allow their employees to be questioned. They seem quite guarded which after interviewing several employees from 3 departments on my own I discovered why. Apparently in the past 2 years they have let go of more than 30 people due to company downsizing. Since then, they hold these layoff over their employees heads, threatening them with termination when challenged. There appears to be a definite managment issue. In one department I asked if you would recommend Printingforless to a friend and everyone said no. Employee morale is abysmal. Yeah not a very nice place to work at.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself an A, B or C player when it comes to work?   Answer Question

After interviewing employees of Printingforless I discovered details that would not benefit my career development