Priory Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Priory Group Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.7

TA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mark, England (UK)

Interview

Interview went fine. Offered job same day. Put notice in for my other job and spent £500 on childcare fees for the next month as thought it should be completed by then. Sent everything for DBS promptly as required. Weeks went by with little communucation but enough to keep me holding on. Rang head office 7 weeks later to find they had not sent my documents for DBS. Rang up several times. Excuses made and they would ring me back. I was then offered another job and they finally rang me saying sorry they hadn't been in touch and was I still available. Totally messed up my finances last month leaving me paying out for childcare and no income. Unbelievable!

Rehabilitation Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Priory Group.

Interview

Initial communication process was smooth. However I was given the name of the interviewer who was not actually who interviewed me. The questions were mostly as expected but the nurse who interviewed me was unprepared and asked the questions in a really muddled, unclear way and kept interrupting my answers, as though they weren’t interested. Didn’t get offered the job, requested feedback and heard nothing.

Healthcare Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheadle, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Priory Group (Cheadle, North West England, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

I initially applied through the priory website which is not the best website as it would often not let me sign in. However after initial submission, I was very quickly emailed an offer of a phone interview. The phone interview was relatively straightforward, asked about my reasons for applying for the role and my understanding of the role/ what qualities I believe a HCA requires (e.g. empathetic, caring, good communicator, consistent, organised, respectful etc)

I was immediately offered an in person interview for the following week after the 10 minute phone interview. I was told by the phone interviewer to research the hospital I was interviewing at and to have good knowledge of their services.

At the interview I was say across from 2 panel members (a nurse and ward manager) who were very accommodating and put me at ease. To start off they asked some general questions like the ones mentioned in the phone interview (what do I know about the hospital, why did I apply for the role, what are the duties of the role, what are my strengths and skills that I can bring to the role, my experience in care). Then I was asked a progression of situational questions about a patient (i.e. what would I do if the patient self-harmed or asked me to stay after my shift or told me something confidential or something about another member of staff). I was also asked about what I think makes a good team and what role I play within a team. I was offered the job immediately after interview and the time flew by!! İt was a great interview experience

Interview Questions

• why did you apply for this role?   Answer Question
    • what are your strengths and skills that you can bring to the role?   Answer Question
    • situational questions about patient self harming/ talking about other staff members to you/ getting distressed   Answer Question
    • what are essential qualities of a good team   Answer Question
    • are you aware of the services we provide here/ the conditions we treat   Answer Question
    • what are the duties of the role   Answer Question
    • do you have experience with complex behaviour and aggression   Answer Question

Priory Group Response

Nov 8, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; it's great that you had a positive experience in the main and I'll share that with the team. Than you for the comments you made in relation to the... More

Deputy House Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Priory Group (Preston, West Midlands, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional. Schedule not followed. A mixture of groups being interviewed by the same people at the same time. Interviewers seemed to be looking for an individual given to them. Looked like it was a pretend occasion for tick boxes. Lots of people mingling about and waiting for interview. One wonders why turnover is high.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are on call and you receive a complaint call at 2am about a restraint on a child that went wrong.
      What would you do and why?   Answer Question

Support Worker Bank Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orpington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Priory Group (Orpington, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

The process leading up to the interview was fine, very fast and they were flexible with my interview timing. The interview itself was hostile and uncomfortable. I was interviewed by the ward manager and a nurse. I felt from the minute I arrived, that I was a burden and there was NO POINT in me being there. They made me feel uncomfortable about my answers, at one point they didn't even bother to write down my answers. They were not interested in my skills or relevant training, which I had as a support worker for a different company. Overall, an unprofessional and very unfriendly interview.

Interview Questions

• When have you dealt with challenging behaviour   1 Answer
    • What kind of support do you think you would be providing   1 Answer

Priory Group Response

Oct 16, 2017 – HR Director

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about your interview experience, if you would like to discuss this in more detail please contact our Head of Recruitment, Samantha Newton, on... More

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Priory Group (Wakefield, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Called within 5 minutes of submitting the application. Sent email confirming the appt with interviewers names missing. Asked to provide relevant documents and fill in extra information. Interview email stated to leave at least 3 hrs for interview. Attended interview, 2 interviewers. Asked standard competency based questions. Interview lasted 30 minutes. Told they were still interviewing and that I would hear from them by early next week and that feedback would be given which I requested. Emailed within 3 hrs of the interview to say i had been unsuccessful and that NAME??? would be happy to provide feedback should i want it. Very personal! Looks like administration is not their strongest point.

Interview Questions

• A challenging situation I dealt with and how I worked to resolve it.   1 Answer

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheadle Hulme, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Priory Group (Cheadle Hulme, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted by and had a face to face with an exterior recruiter at their offices. Assured that I was her prime candidate for the role. Arrived at the Cheadle Hulme offices and had a straightforward chat about experience and skills. Nothing too difficult. I was the first of five interviewees.

The disappointment came with the follow-up. No results or feedback from the recruiter, despite my requests at the two week and one month mark. Not sure if this is because The Priory went dark, or the recruiter doesn't chase results, or can't face giving bad news to candidates. Recruitment needs to be an end to end process even if the outcome is 'bad news', such as no offer.

Support Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Priory Group (Worcester, England (UK)).

Interview

2 panel interview. Went over c.v. senarios questions. Written questions. Skills test. Formal professional probing and correct for role. Dbs. Discussions about what the role involved the kind of residents were involved. They asked for my ideas on how to improve qualities of life. How trust can be precieved and developed.

Interview Questions

• Describe your own perfect care package   1 Answer

Clinical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Priory Group.

Interview

Straightforward interview with friendly people. The questions were what I expected and not too challenging, basically asked to describe my previous work experience and what I thought I could bring to the role.

Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pontypool, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Priory Group (Pontypool, Wales (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Chatted about my experience as a support worker, was asked a few questions for example my knowledge of autism. Was asked a few questions on situations that I have dealt with etc. Asked about me personally, my hobbies and just general questions about me. Overall very friendly and enjoyable interview