Prisma Health Upstate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Prisma Health Upstate

2.8

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prisma Health Upstate (Greenville, SC) in February 2013.

Interview

There are a group of employee's that all interview you along with the hiring manager. I was not a fan of the group/panel interview as it was very lengthy and felt extremely overwhelming. I felt as if the hiring manager should have explained this process. I think this because as stated above it can be slightly intimidating when not expected.

Interview Questions

• I asked several questions, the most important in my opinion was "Do they work as a team, and are team players.   1 Answer

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prisma Health Upstate (Greenville, SC) in July 2010.

Interview

Initial contact with HR recruiter. Completed Online application. Was then contacted for phone interview. Onsite interview followed with several therapists working in the particular unit. Manager had a minor role in the onsite interview. Written offer was delayed for a week following verbal offer. Communication was ongoing through e-mail and phone. HR recruiters are helpful and aware of the working environments.

Interview Questions

• Behavior oriented questions - based on the Greenville Hospital Systems standards of behavior. Each therapist in the interview had preassigned questions to ask. All were very standard - but looking to see how I would handle a negative situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

.no negotiation. There is a pay grade scale and year of experience table. There is a sign on bonus for hard to fill positions - which a Physical Therapist is.

Staff RN Interview

Interview

Interview went great! I had an interview with the manager and nurse educator, which lasted around 30 minutes. This was followed by a peer interview, which also lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Q: Talk about a time when experienced a miscommunication at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prisma Health Upstate (Greenville, SC) in September 2015.

Interview

Contacted by hiring manager for phone interview, then invited to come in for an interview with a panel of employee from the department; at the interview everyone had on their game faces they asked the traditional question about my past experience with patient care and issuing meds and charting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about youself? What made you want to work for ...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prisma Health Upstate (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Met with the nurse manager first then to a peer interview in a conference room. The peer interview was with Studer-type questions. After that, the nurse manager took me on a tour of the unit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that a patient or their family was upset with you and how did you handle the situation? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you were assigned to be charge nurse and felt a coworker wasn't working with the team. You notice they are sitting at the desk, on the phone, etc. As you notice they aren't pulling their share of the work, how do you handle the situation. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prisma Health Upstate (Greenville, SC) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied for the job online. About a week later I was contacted by the nurse manager and did a short phone interview. She invited me in to do a formal interview with her and her nurse educator as well as a peer interview with staff.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a miscommunication at work?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prisma Health Upstate (Greenville, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with supervisor.
    Peer interview with 3-6 research associates.
    I keep receiving an error message for the length of my response, and I choose to keep this response objective. I felt that the phone interview was misleading (regarding job expectations, work environment, etc.), and that the peer interviews were much more "true-to-life" in respects to the real job expectations/training.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my education and over-qualification for the job.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prisma Health Upstate (Greenville, SC) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied to the MedEx Academy summer internship program through an external applicant portal linked on their website in February prior to enrollment. MedEx Academy provides undergraduate students with exposure to the medical field in addition to serving as a pipeline program for the South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville. I received a call requesting an interview in April. The interview consisted of an initial phone conversation with their coordinator followed by a panel interview with the director, prior interns, and other members of their leadership.

Interview Questions

• Be aware of recent events effecting the medical community. For example: what do you think is the biggest challenge of implementation of the Affordable Care Act?   1 Answer
    • What makes you want to pursue a career in medicine?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prisma Health Upstate (Greenville, SC) in January 2013.

Interview

It was a little intimidating as you were interview with a panel of multiple people including researchers, doctors, and the program staff. They were nice but did ask many questions about your career goals and desires. This was back in 2013 so the interview has probably changed. Now I heard they do video interviews since the applicant pool has significantly increased. Either way be prepared to answer about your passion for healthcare and what you can contribute to the program. You only have to interview once and once you are in you can come back every summer if you want.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prisma Health Upstate in April 2015.

Interview

Lots of qualitative questions about your previous experiences; 30 minute over the phone interview with 3 or 4 team members. Very casual - they just wanted to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• What leadership experience do you have? When have you worked with a team?   Answer Question