ProBuild Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 2, 2017

2.7

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ProBuild (Denver, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

Process took 3 weeks. Applied online and received a phone call from the Recruiter the next day. Had a quick phone interview with the Recruiter and the next week a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Made it to the on-site interview 2.5 weeks later. Interview was 3 hours long. 1:1 interviews with Hiring Manager, another Manager and VP of the Dept. Pretty casual/conversational interviews until the final interview. They were very intimidating, asked questions I felt were irrelevant and that set me up for failure. Asked me a "case question" (never had one of these before). Case was that I created a bulb to go in a lamp that was brighter and lasted longer than ones on the market. I was in Canada. What was my revenue going to be the first year. This is literally the only info he gave me. Had no clue where to go with this and he did reiterate he wanted a number. Then asked me to tell them a joke. Then at the end of the interview handed me a laptop with a large data set. Said I had 5 minutes to try to answer 3 questions about the data set and proceeded to watch me over my shoulder. There was no way to complete the analysis in 5 minutes let alone with someone hovering over you watching. Overall it was a horrible experience. Never felt so small in an interview before until this one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a joke. What is your ice breaker?   2 Answers

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ProBuild (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

face to face, straight forward, depends on management.
    manager and operations manager interviewed. was fairly casual.
    informed of work environment, employees. asked about experience and future plans etc. afterwords went for my drug test and dot physical to be a delivery driver.

Interview Questions

• how much money i was expecting   1 Answer

Material Handler Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ProBuild (Arlington, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying online there were two interviews. The first interview I had with 3 interviewers and the second interview with 2 interviewers (different than 1st interview). The interviews were about a week apart.

Field Position Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ProBuild.

Interview

It was an average interview and they made me an offer. What happened after the offer is what was negative. They have a blanket exclusion if anything is found in your background check. They don't give you the chance to explain and/or dispute the accuracy of the background check. They immediately revoke their offer before you have the chance to dispute their findings.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ProBuild (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Three consecutive interviews in person after a phone interview. Good strong interviewers. More a personality fit interview than a skills interview. Actually had a good time. The dept manager was friendly and welcoming. The other interviewers were also friendly and inviting. Made the two way conversation much easier to perform.

Interview Questions

• What tools have you worked with before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiations. The offer was strong to start.

Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ProBuild (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with recruiter, she asked about my life, some scenarios, a bit about experience not much though. Then I met with the manager and she asked me more scenarios, told me about the position, and a bit more about myself. My interview was at 9 am and I got a call back at around 12pm and accepted the offer. I loved that it was ran by young minority women. I am one myself. I was email and acceptance letter. My tentative start date will be soon just have to do a drug test and background screening.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ProBuild (Saint Cloud, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

Met with Store Manager and District Manager. Interview went smoothly as I was familiar with the company. They went over the expectations of the position and what I could expect in compensation. Overall it was not too stressful, but they were sure to make it known that if the sales were not there, then either salary would be reduced, or position would be terminated.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working under strict deadlines ?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Window Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ProBuild (Midvale, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with the regional manager and 2 division managers. They explained the scope of work and what would be required of me and they what they were looking for in an employee. Told me about the company and their back ground. they asked me some questions to find out a little more about me other than what was on the resume.

Interview Questions

• How I was able to get 150 new accounts in a year?   1 Answer

Accountant II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ProBuild.

Interview

Met with Controller and Manager of Accounting for a few hours. Both were individual. They asked background information and asked questions related to how you acted in certain circumstances. Wanted to know a lot about the person to make sure they fit in.

Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ProBuild.

Interview

Streamlined and easy. Met with management and signed a contract the same day. Afterwards trying to be implemented in the system was somewhat atrocious. Eventually everything smoothed out and any issues usually revolve around dysfunctional management.