ProBuild Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ProBuild Interview Questions

2.7

Office Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ProBuild (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

The entire first interview was one of the first interviews that I sat with an interviewer that i was not alone in the room with but sat in the room with another individual as if they were playing a good cop bad cop role. Initially it seemed out of the ordinary but later on it turned out to be ok.

Service Request Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ProBuild (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial interview was conducted with the team manager, the supervisor of the team the service request team works closely with (and transfers between the teams are not uncommon), the department manager, and a member of the team I was being interviewed for. Unusual to me is that the contract manager for the agency that employed me was also present for the interview.

The interviewers took turns asking fairly standard questions about how I would handle angry users, what is the follow up process when reaching out to customers, etc.

Interview Questions

• You come in one morning to find 5 permission changes, 10 terminations, and 20 new hires in the ticket queue - barring special instructions, what order do you handle them in?   1 Answer

Material Handler Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ProBuild (Arlington, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying online there were two interviews. The first interview I had with 3 interviewers and the second interview with 2 interviewers (different than 1st interview). The interviews were about a week apart.

Field Position Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ProBuild.

Interview

It was an average interview and they made me an offer. What happened after the offer is what was negative. They have a blanket exclusion if anything is found in your background check. They don't give you the chance to explain and/or dispute the accuracy of the background check. They immediately revoke their offer before you have the chance to dispute their findings.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ProBuild (Denver, CO).

Interview

Internal HR recruiter managed entire process: phone screen with HR, then interview in person with a panel of engineers asking mostly technical and process related questions.
    Above was followed by one on one interview with a manager - mostly personality fit discussion and later with VP, who was mostly concerned with situational communication.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ProBuild (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Three consecutive interviews in person after a phone interview. Good strong interviewers. More a personality fit interview than a skills interview. Actually had a good time. The dept manager was friendly and welcoming. The other interviewers were also friendly and inviting. Made the two way conversation much easier to perform.

Interview Questions

• What tools have you worked with before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiations. The offer was strong to start.

Laborer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ProBuild.

Interview

Applied for a laborer position and was called to set up an interview one week later. When I got there I met with the operations manager. He said the interview was for an assembler position, not laborer. Not sure why they had the laborer position posted online in that case, but I said I wasn't interested.

Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ProBuild (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with recruiter, she asked about my life, some scenarios, a bit about experience not much though. Then I met with the manager and she asked me more scenarios, told me about the position, and a bit more about myself. My interview was at 9 am and I got a call back at around 12pm and accepted the offer. I loved that it was ran by young minority women. I am one myself. I was email and acceptance letter. My tentative start date will be soon just have to do a drug test and background screening.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ProBuild (Saint Cloud, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

Met with Store Manager and District Manager. Interview went smoothly as I was familiar with the company. They went over the expectations of the position and what I could expect in compensation. Overall it was not too stressful, but they were sure to make it known that if the sales were not there, then either salary would be reduced, or position would be terminated.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working under strict deadlines ?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Window Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ProBuild (Midvale, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with the regional manager and 2 division managers. They explained the scope of work and what would be required of me and they what they were looking for in an employee. Told me about the company and their back ground. they asked me some questions to find out a little more about me other than what was on the resume.

Interview Questions

• How I was able to get 150 new accounts in a year?   1 Answer