ProLink Staffing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ProLink Staffing Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2018

Recruiter Interview

Interview

The interview process started out through linkedin and proceeded to a phone interview. I then met in person and the whole process was good. I enjoyed the current employees and learned what I would be doing as a recruiter. The entire process was like most other companies I have interviewed with.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ProLink Staffing.

Interview

I was applying for a position through ProLink, the recruiter was upset that I didn't immediately answer her call and texts (I was at work) and attempted to contact my wife through a shared Facebook friend. She then texted me demanding to know why I thought the commute was too long (information she got from my wife's conversation with her friend) and accusing me of ignoring her. I withdrew my application and she sent a text to my wife showing me ignoring her gracious offer to let me explain myself for ignoring her so she would put a word in with her boss and stop me from getting red flagged. I'm guessing this is the type of aggressive recruiting I would appreciate as a hiring manager but as an applicant it comes off a bit creepy and intimidating and I hate that I lost a chance at a job because a recruiter doesn't understand boundaries.

Interview Questions

ProLink Staffing Response

Apr 17, 2018 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback helps us improve and provide a comfortable interview process for all of our employees. We apologize for your negative experience during... More

Sales Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ProLink Staffing in April 2018.

Interview

I received a phone call for a phone call for a phone interview. It was the weirdest conversation ever. The interviewer seemed more interested in talking about himself rather than getting to know me. At some point I figured he didn’t think I was a good fit because he ended the interview (after wasting an hour of both of our time) with “the Indianapolis office is not hiring for recruiters right now but I still wanted to screen you” I mean are you serious? I don’t have time to waste. That was so unprofessional and rude. On top of that, the job gets reposted TODAY! The job only pays $15 an hour so I don’t think it’s worth it.

Interview Questions

ProLink Staffing Response

May 9, 2018 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for your review. We apologize that you felt your time was wasted during your phone screen. As our company grows, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our offices... More

Sales Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at ProLink Staffing (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The most awful interview experience I’ve ever had. I was going to take a step down professionally to get experience and to get out of my current position in to the recruiting world, and this company is a joke. I am so glad I did not go through with it.

Interview process took 6 weeks. First phone interview, felt like she would’ve rather have been doing 10 other things and I was a bother by taking up her time. It took a week to get an in person interview. During my first in person interview very unprofessional, the guy I was supposed to meet with met me at the door and said he had to leave. So I interviewed with with a couple people from the office, was about an hour long they didn’t smile once EXCEPT when they said we just aren’t feeling your passion about this position.... oh well maybe that’s because I feel like I’ve been talking to a wall for an hour.

The next interview was the 1/2 day so I had to take a half day at my current job, and had 5 back to back 40 min Long interviews. There was no communication across the board it was a bunch of college aged kids fumbling through an interview packet and asking me the EXACT same questions over and over again. The last interview of the day was with the director, and he was antagonistic and down played my experience.

Had yet ANOTHER Interview via Skype this time because I couldn’t take ANOTHER day off work to interview again - and I felt attacked. No interview questions just basically jabbing at my 5 years of professional sales experience and was told I would not be able to overcome adversity based on my past experience. These people hire college kids with no experience so to tell me mine was inadequate was quite literally offensive.

So, if you’re not a valley girl jumping out of your skin to get this entry level 50 hour week making $15/hour job then you won’t get it.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you headed up a project or club and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Apr 9, 2018 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly value our candidates' experiences and time, and strive to provide a positive experience throughout the process. We apologize for your negative experience... More

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ProLink Staffing (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview experience i've ever had. EVER EVER EVER.
    First was the phone interview with a recruiter in their corporate office, this went well and actually had me interested in the company. However, it then took over a week to get someone to give me a call for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was quite easy and was a good conversation. I was invited back in for a half day shadow. I was shocked how the recruiters could even speak with their clients on the phone with the music blaring that loud. In fact, several times during my shadow the clients asked the recruiter to turn off the music because they couldn't hear them. After my shadow, a female, not sure what her position was since she didn't introduce herself, took me back and asked me the EXACT same questions over and over again. On a side note, her dress was SO short.. not sure how this was allowed. Once she was finished, the manager came in and made the experience even worse. Besides the fact that he mentioned several times how "young I am to be so successful", he asked the most uncomfortable and irrelevant questions. He was antagonistic and down played my experience. In fact, he wanted to know about my childhood struggles that led me to be successful at "such a young age". He repeatedly mentioned to take off my HR hat and be less professional while interrogating me about my childhood, life, family, and many other topics that aren't relevant to the essential functions of the job.

After leaving the interview, I emailed the recruiter at corporate to tell him I was withdrawing my application due to the reasons mentioned above. I did not hear back from them...ever.

This company wants to hire inexperienced recruiters and to tell me that my years of experience, in the healthcare industry, was inadequate was quite literally offensive. Also, be careful asking someone their age during an interview and mention how "young" they are several several times.

Interview Questions

ProLink Staffing Response

Apr 9, 2018 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for your review. We aim to treat our candidates with the utmost respect at all times, and apologize for your negative interview experience. We value all the feedback we receive from... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ProLink Staffing (Columbus, OH) in March 2018.

Interview

Average interview that leans on the STAR format. I started with a phone interview with the corporate recruiter after applying online. The corporate recruiter was nice, more thorough in email than over the phone.

From there, I went into a 1-on-1 interview with the director of operations. Looking for more of a personality fit than anything on the resume, in my opinion. Was told that the decision to hire an individual would be 51% the team, 49% the director of operations.

The next interview led me to a 3 hr interview that consisted of a shadowing of a recruiter, and 4-6 interviews in 30-45 minute blocks with the account managers. Again, most questions they ask are of the STAR variety (Tell me a time when..., What is the biggest failure of your life?, etc). I have nothing really bad to say about anyone here, but this second interview is needlessly lengthy for many questions that are asked in the same way.

The final interview brought me back with a 1-1 interview with the director of operations for about 30 minutes. Was a little surprised that more thorough questions were asked after going through two interviews. Had a good feeling when I left, but as more days went by with no updates, got less confident, and I figured that if they really wanted me, they would have made an offer at the end of the interview.

Was told at the end of the interview week that the team was going in a different direction. OK, totally acceptable...but I feel that after two interviews with most on the team, that should be enough time to snuff out the candidate. Really did feel that a final interview leads a person on in the wrong way.

Additionally, not sure how much the company is "growing" after hearing two conflicting statements in my interview process. Could just be a soft way of letting me down, but the corporate recruiter stated in the rejection email that the office was overstaffed, while the director of operations kept saying Prolink is growing and in great shape and his office is constantly looking to expand and do more things. If it is overstaffed, I'd rather not work for a six year old company that could be on the verge of seeing some tough times and layoffs.

All in all, solid people, seems to be an OK organization, but the interview process is much too long and the communication near the end seemed to go against what the company promotes as one of their key values---honesty and consistency.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ProLink Staffing (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Phone call, followed by going into the office for an interview. I met with a lot of managers, all of which seemed like they had better things to do than interview me. People did not smile. It looked like a call center.

Interview Questions

ProLink Staffing Response

Feb 1, 2018 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for your review. We apologize that you had a negative experience while interviewing with ProLink. Your feedback will be passed on to our leadership team, as we strive to ensure that our... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ProLink Staffing (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

Honestly, they were super unprofessional. They changed the time and the recruiter on me and emailed me asking for my answers in STAR formation. I didn't like the experience at all.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ProLink Staffing (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with an internal recruiter, 1 hour interview with director, 1/2 day of shadowing/interviews, offer. I was relocating to the area and the director and my future manager met me half way and took me out to dinner to present the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ProLink Staffing (Dayton, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

internal recruiter found my LinkedIn page and requested a phone screening. We conducted a phone interview before setting up an in-person interview with the branch manager. Overall it was pretty straight forward, but the company didn't seem mature from a culture of market standpoint.