ProQuest Interview Questions in Ann Arbor, MI | Glassdoor

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Engagement Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at ProQuest (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a total of three phone interviews and was never scheduled for an in person interview before being notified via email that I wouldn't be offered a position. Two out of three of the interviews were rescheduled. The process took over a month to complete. Company seems very disorganized and inefficient.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite part of your job?   1 Answer

Content Acquisitions Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ProQuest (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone screen with the HR person. She was very open about what the manager wants for this position and expressed interest in certain skills as I was talking. She called me back when I told her I couldn't hear her well and she was honest about the fact that I seemed too qualified for this particular position. She also said that she would recommend me to the managers for a more senior position if available now or in the future. She seemed genuinely interested in keeping my mind open to working for their company and I liked that. So don't be afraid to wow them. You never know when a more senior position might become available if they don't think you're a good fit for the one you applied for.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you understand this role?
      Q: Why interests you in this position?
      Q: What experience do you have with Microsoft excell and access?   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ProQuest (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was 3 stages. The initial phone interview, an onsite interview, and a phone interview with the Senior VP of HR. At each stage of the interview, the questions asked were relevant and professional. There were no "If I shrunk you to the size of a nickel and put you in a blender" type of questions. This company is bound by the OFCCP Hiring Guidelines that are set forth by the federal government so the interview process is always well documented, fair and unbiased.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work with a difficult Hiring Manager.   1 Answer

Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ProQuest (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Initially I applied through LinkedIn then within few days, there was a phone interview by HR manager, followed by the manager under whom I worked for. After few days received the offer letter from HR followed by joining formalities.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experiences   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ProQuest (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

I was an internal applicant encouraged to apply after being part of a mass layoff. At the beginning, ProQuest had great communication and moved quickly. I was into the interview process almost immediately upon applying, having 3 interviews within 1.5 weeks of the layoff notice. The speed and communication were very impressive. The interviewers were mostly professional and I was happy with the way 2 of the 3 interviews were conducted.

Everything changed after my last day with the company, which occurred just a few days after my last interview. The communication ended right there. I never heard from ProQuest again besides one reply to an update email I sent to the recruiter about my job search status and requesting an update on the Sales Specialist position. Clearly I was not the candidate they needed for the job at that point. Admittedly, my performance in the interviews was not as good as I wanted. I can accept not receiving an offer if i am not the best person for the job. The bothersome part was the breakdown in communication. The lack of regard for a former colleague was the part that was most frustrating and hurtful.

Content Acquisitions Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ProQuest (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted about a week later by the Ann Arbor office (although the position and my in person interviews would be elsewhere). The HR person had to reschedule my phone interview twice in the same day and then reschedule for the following day, but I thought it was due to having multiple candidates to schedule.

We had the interview and she seemed positive. Questions were mostly general in nature (what interested me in the position, tell me about your experiences in X, how do you feel working in groups vs. as an individual, how did I feel about repetitive tasks, etc.). She asked me to tweak my resume. She remained positive after I sent her a new version.

Had another phone and then in-person interview with the actual office I would be working for. Questions were similar, but also discussed what experiences I had with the specific research that I did, could I point to similar projects I had done in the past, what were examples of working on tight deadlines. After the in-person interview I was less interested in the position, but chose to wait for their response.

The in-person interviewers told me I would hear by the end of the week. I did not and sent a short, polite note to the Ann Arbor HR person I had first spoken to at the beginning of the following week. She asked if I would be available for a call on Friday. I replied yes. No phone call. The next Monday I finally received a call and an apology, and the HR person said she had "forgotten to put you on my schedule." I did not get the position. Unfortunately my interaction with the Ann Arbor office was my first and last (to date) interaction with ProQuest, and while I understand they are a big company (and my interactions with HR did not necessarily mean my potential co-workers were the same way), this reflects poorly on them.

Interview Questions

• No curveballs or strange questions. It's always best to know your resume and be able to talk it up.   Answer Question

Electronic Content Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ProQuest (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

After filling out an application, there was a single interview scheduled by phone. It was very brief, and consisted of only questions about my past experience as listed on my resume. It didn't seem like anyone technical was involved in the interview process. The company appears to have either poor attention to detail or poor internal communication as they offered me an immediate start date on the spot despite previously declaring that I was still in school in their application. After reminding them of this, I was told they needed someone immediately rather than in a few months and could not wait. The lack of any verification of my skills combined with an apparent failure of internal communications on their part led me to decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• They didn't try to ask me technical questions, and instead only asked about my past experience as listed on my resume. Nothing that could verify my abilities was asked of me.   1 Answer

Electronic Content Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ProQuest (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward, initial interview with HR and then an in person interview with management. The interview with management was a little strange, only because they didn't really ask me too many questions about my skill set, it was mostly just a presentation of the type of work that I would be doing in that position. I left feeling very uncertain as to whether or not it was a successful interview since I didn't really feel as though I was be evaluated in any way.

Interview Questions

• How would you match the date that is on the PDF to the XML?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ProQuest (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

A recruiter called me and set up two technical interviews (different days). Standard job related questions: behavioral/situational and skill questions. The point is, know your stuff and you get hired.
    Since I interviewed for a Software developer position, the questions were related to OOP concepts, design patterns, and coding

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions if you are prepared and look confident.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After phone call with the hiring manager, it's a standard negotiation phases in which you get a little less of what you asked for.

Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ProQuest (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2011.

Interview

Basic phone interview then in person with HR and hiring manager. They asked situational type questions and the basic questions asked in every interview. There wasn't much time lag between interview and offer but the offer was low. They start people at low base pay but good hours and time off benefits.