Procter & Gamble Assistant Brand Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2017

3.5

145 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Interview

Several online test, and several interview with HR person

I got better offer

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Interview

1 exam online, 1 call , 1 numerical test, 2 interviews

Interview Questions

• 8 times the same question:Tell me about a time you have successfully led a team in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

I took an online test (mostly quantitative questions like you'd find on the GMAT with a nudge toward financial questions like margins, markups). Then an on-campus interview, followed by day-long interviews in Cincinnati.

Interview Questions

• Case study about a manufacturing problem causing a shortage of product. What would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews, from online testing to HR to actual brand manager. It was a slow process. They do not sponsor work visas so you have to get your green card from some other employers and then apply to P&G. They will not employ former contractors if you are under a no compete clause. Every geographical region has its own quirks, I can only attest to the Cincinnati location. I worked there as a contractor for many years, and then came back after a 2 year hiatus, after I got a green card

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in the CPG industry? Most especially in marketing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2011.

Interview

Initial online application - normal bio & experience stuff, followed by 2 assessments: one a skills driver and one a personality driver.

Pass the assessments and you'll have either a phone interview or an on-campus interview (the vast majority of hires are MBA or UG students) with a person in the function you are applying to, typically someone who also graduated from your university/college.

Interview process consists of behavioral questions designed to elicit responses showing your fit against P&G's 3 Success Drivers: Power of People, Power of Minds and Power of People. All interview responses are expected to be in the CAR format: circumstance or conflict, action you took, and results achieved.

Based upon performance in the first interview, top candidates are brought back to the General Office in Cincinnati for a second round interview and assessments. The assessments are pencil and paper versions similar to, but slightly more difficult than, the online assessments - calibrating reasoning and analytical skills. The final interview is a panel interview with Associate Marketing Directors - with the same Behavioral question structure and topics (Success Drivers).

A Majority of applicants hired come through the company's intern program, which recruits 1st year MBA candidates from top schools across the country.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you expertise or in-depth knowledge of a specific subject area enabled you to take charge and solve a problem, and what were the results?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. The starting salary was the most competitive offer I received out of undergrad by ~$10K

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

It took a little over one month. I applied online, got invited for an interview but since I was traveling, I first did a telephone interview and when I returned, a personal interview was completed.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral based questions, such as "Tell me about a time...."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Columbus, OH) in November 2009.

Interview

i was an out of state candidate who applied online to P&G
    -filled out online application
    -did the reasoning online test
    -did the personality profile
    -did 2 phone interviews
    -got invited to do a face to face
    -took the infamous P&G(MAT) test. wasn't too bad
    -also took a wonderlic (i THINK, can't recall 100%)
    -interviewed with 4 people and it included lunch

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2009.

Interview

Was straight forward behavioral interview. First round was 2 people final round was a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you received data from multiple sources, research, client, focus groups, etc and had to bring it together and analyze it.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you were in a leadership position and had to implement a strategy or change, how did you do it and did you succeed?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary somewhat. Honestly though its a great place to work at and even if you dont start with the max salary you will get enough raises that you will pretty much catch up with everyone else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Boston, MA) in March 2009.

Interview

Very big emphasis on IQ. Have to take three tests - the first two of which are online. The third is a timed, in person test that emphasizes both speed and reasoning (think fill in the bubble, number two pencil stuff). The interview itself relies a lot on understanding your past experience and your fit within the organization. HR was a pain afterwards. I was informed that I didn't make it only to be told twice later that I did make it. Very confusing.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2008.

Interview

The interview process is, like most things at P&G, a well-defined process. First, you must apply online at pg.com. Secondly, you will receive a link to an online assessment which you MUST pass in order to proceed in the interview process. The questions are behavioral-based, and there's really no way to cheat it or beat it, so just be honest.

After the online assessment, you sort of enter the black hole. If you know someone at P&G, it's really good to make that contact so your file can get to the attention of an HR recruiter. Pending your score on the online assessment, you will have a telephone interview with HR, which will be all behavior-based (tell me about a time you led a team, etc.). Answering in the Context-Action-Result format is imperative - you won't move forward if you don't respond in this fashion. It's perfectly acceptable (and encouraged) to use examples from work, school, and community functions.

Pending that interview, you will then be invited to an onsite interview where you will typically meet with three or four marketers from various levels. Interviews are typically two on one and, like the HR interview, will be behavioral. Additionally, you MUST use the Context-Action-Result format. Have quantifiable results, and display a passion for winning.

You should receive feedback within a few days - if you make it to the final rounds, you're almost there!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to lead a team that was charged with undertaking an unpopular task. How did you manage the team and what was the end result? (And tell me another, and another)   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with someone with a background different than your own. How did that work out? (Hint: Diversity is not limited to race - think gender in male/female dominated roles, diversity of educational background, diversity of thought, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is typically little negotiation. The base salary is typically a few thousand above General Mills and Johnson & Johnson MBA salaries, and the bonus is quite generous. If you qualify, there is a solid relocation program.