Procter & Gamble Associate Branding Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Procter & Gamble Associate Branding Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Procter & Gamble

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

Typical STAR behavior-based interview with each question starting with "tell me about a time". One aspect that was interesting, and borderline inappropriate, was the probing of my personal life as to whether I was married with children. The questions were on the familiar subjects about leading, process, difficult situation and co-worker, and success. The main interviewer seemed very disinterested and pre-occupied, which made it extremely difficult to connect. The panel lasted, maybe, a half-hour and the rest of the day consisted of meeting current ABMs, a test (the P&GMAT), and concluded with a very nice tour. The people seem very engaged in their jobs. It also appears that groups move very often, in terms of building geography. We got to see the famed boardroom, as well as the "museum". The environment felt comfortably conservative. There is clearly a cloud of tradition, but this seems tempered by youth and the winds of changing market dynamics and opportunities. The promote from within philosophy is and will be a challenge for mid-career professionals, or career-switchers with substantial work experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, do you have a family?   5 Answers
  • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Interview

They sent me an email almost immediately for an aptitude test. The first part is about if you are a good fit and the second part is about mental flexibility I think.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to take the test, there were no questions   1 Answer

Associate Branding Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

Finish an online assessment test. Receive an email to schedule a phone call. Enter the second interview on site after passing the first one

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions!   1 Answer

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Online assessment test, in-person reasoning tests, two in-person interviews - first with brand manager, second with HR director & other staff from other departments. Very long process to get through.

Interview Questions

• can you tell me a time when you've overcome a problem in a professional environment to reach success?; tell me about the time you have generated saving thanks to your decision   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2009.

Interview

First online test on managerial skills, then IQ test in the office - easy one, further 3 rounds of 1:1 interviews, first two with Brand managers, last one with marketing director. All of them asked the same questions, it was behaviour based interview.

E.g. Tell when in your life you had to use analysis to solve a problem, tell me how was the process like and what was the outcome

Interview Questions

• Describe when you were leading a group of people. Purpose, result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, you are offered a package, either accept or refuse, that is it.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2010.

Interview

I actually applied for a different position and got called for the ABM which was quite surprising, considering I'd applied for that before and got no response. I was directed to the online assessment , gave them the 'right' answers, moved to phone screen. I prepared my a** off, worked out, got moved to the next round, and she actually gave me feedback which was pretty nice of her. But I think I took her feedback too far and it ended up causing me the final offer (cos I asked for feedback from that and she told me where I fell short! arrgggghhh) I'm still trying to get over it. oh well. Also took reasoning test before interview.

The interview questions were similar to phone screen but with a slight twist (which I was unprepared for) so I had to change some of my stories.

All in all, quickest interview experience ever (right after IB or consulting).

(Can I rate interview easy even if I didn't get the job? I mean I think it was....no grilling of any kind, I was actually quite relaxed....)

Interview Questions

• Not difficult or unexpected...but here's what I remembered:
      Tell me about a difficult/complex project that you led, and the outcome   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked in a group and group members didn't get along   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

After successfully passing numeric and logical tests, you have 2-4 interviews with Brand Managers (B3) and a Marketing Director (B4-5) at the end. They work at different brands and will evaluate you separately. All questions are standard, behavioral ones. Don't fear.

P&G is looking for people with leadership potential. If you had a volunteer/ entrepreneurial, or any other team-leading experience, you are good. If not, then talk to people with such an experience.

Try to understand what problems managers face in a team environment with strict deadlines, high KPIs, and vulnerable people around. Consider the fact that P&G is a large corporation with many departments. And to become a successful ABM in marketing you need to connect to lots of peers and seniors from sales, media, PR, analytics, production, purchasing, finance, and other departments.

You are expected to be a business owner with good networking, hard-working, and time management skills. All the interview questions will check your potential of becoming one. And remember: don' lie, be smart and passionate. Your interviewers have more than 5 years of work experience with sales and agency people.. They will see through you and will love you for your honesty and enthusiasm.

Interview Questions

• Standard Behavior Q: about your leadership experience, about your team internal conflicts and how you solved them, about new opportunities your boss doesn't see etc.   Answer Question
    • In a month, you have a promotional campaign in the largest country retailer. what will you do if your supplying factory encountered natural disease and can't produce the required amount of goods in time? You already invested tens of millions in marketing and additional in-store shelf/ pallet space.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Moscow (Russia)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, passed online and paper test. During the whole proccess there were some delays in passing information through HR, so I have to check the career site with application status for actual information.
    I was interviewed by two managers, they were asking very common questions, but duy to my experience I cant answer all of them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the situation which was connected with risk management.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about the way you would like to bring something new to your working process.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Geneva (Switzerland)) in November 2016.

Interview

Apply online via the career section of the P&G website and complete an online test (culture fit + logic), Skype interview with a manager answering behavioral type of questions, one-day at the company office with Math/Logic test + 2 different rounds of interviews with managers

Interview Questions

• All questions are behavioral based (tell me a time when..) and they expect you to answer using the CAR framework   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Supplemental Application to be filled out after online tests and interviews. Before actual interviews there will be another 1hr test at P&G.