Procter & Gamble Brand Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Procter & Gamble Brand Manager Interview Questions

3.5

Brand Manager Interview

Interview

.- Hiring process is long and slow. Be patience.
.- includes tests and several interviews, including panel with 2 or 3 managers at the same time.
.- Be ready to answer why you want to work there.

Interview Questions

• .- It needs to be clear what were the specific contributions on each accomplishment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

is a big company with standard processes and salary bands, there is not much to negotiate, but it never hurts to go as high as you can.

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Fayetteville, AR) in February 2014.

Interview

Panel interviews with typical behavioral questions plus inquiries on specific ideas on growing the business. Very businesslike and not particularly warm as interviewers were also pausing to take notes. When I left I didn't really know if I had done poorly or great and didn't get any feedback for three plus weeks.
    i was well prepared for the interview with specific questions on what success would look like in 6 months on the job, and what the person previously in the role might tell me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were given a tough assignment w/o a great deal of direction. How did you manage and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was actually much simpler than previous ones. They exceded my salary request and were generous with vacation, etc.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Warsaw (Poland)) in February 2015.

Interview

After an online application there was the success drivers online screen. About a moth later I was invited to write an in-person reasoning test which was quite easy. The results were passed to the candidates right after the test. Within a couple of hours I was invited to the first interview with a senior employee. It lasted ~40mins and consisted of the well-known behavioral questions. After two days I got a phone call inviting me to the second interview - this one was similar to the first round but conducted by three members of management level, it lasted 1,5hr. Although I felt it might have gone better from my side, I was hoping my profile and relevant experience will get me in, but after six days received a rejection email. That's quite harsh, especially after such a long and complicated process :)

Interview Questions

• Even though I was prepared for most of the questions asked, I got quite stressed during the 2nd round interview - I guess the best option would be to learn the answers by heart ;)   3 Answers

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

P&G follows couple of hiring processes worldwide and just hire people at entry level.
    One way of recruiting is to do special programs with Universities (either joining job fairs or exclusive events) to detect top students and then follows two exams (a reasoning test and a psychometric one). If scores on both tests are above target, they proceed with an screening interview and then into a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• You will find all kind of tough questions either related to hypothetical business cases or your own examples. The objective of the questions is to find specific examples of your leadership capabilities and how do you manage complex situations   Answer Question

Negotiation

I enter as intern with a very good pay in a part time job. In fact there was no negotiation. I just accept the position.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

A) Hires Typically from Top B-schools in India. For Marketing typical hunting grounds are IIM-A/B/C
    B) Interview process typically involves following:
    a) an Aptitude Test (should be very easy for someone who has cleared CAT)
    b) Psychometric Test
    c) Online Application along with Submission of CV
    d) if a person makes through above 3, then 2-3 rounds of interview on campus.

C) Interview Questions: P&G does not ask technical/functional questions in Interview. Its a Personal Interview with focus on understanding the person better from her/his life experiences. Examples are sought to understand how strong is a person on internally identified core success drivers.
    note: P&G has identified set of strengths which prove to be success driver basis success of its own employees over 175 years. So the the strengths on which a candidate is evaluated is typically remains the same for evaluation even when inside the company.

Interview Questions

• Questions are not difficult to answer as long as person is being true and can provide enough examples for a situation/question being posed.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Bangkok (Thailand)).

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. We look for people who is a leader, passionate, competitive but also has high sense of moral. P&G also looks for people who will help others grow in the company.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer: What's your hobby?
      My answer: baking
      Interviewer: Please tell me business plan and payout period if i would like to open a bakery
      Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Interview

Behavioral based questions used to determine power of mind, people, agility.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you changed management's opinion.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2011.

Interview

A strange interview process. I was written and given an set of times to choose from, and told to complete an online test. Upon selecting the time, my interview took place at a University? Seems they wanted to just fit me into their recruitment schedule...
    Fine interview, interviewers were very stoic, not an easy crowd to get a smile out of.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to do something you didn't want to do.   1 Answer

Seemed like a very hierarchical company, very by the book. Not interested in working at places that seem afraid of change.

Brand Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview (it was supposed to be in person, but weather caused transportation issues for the interviewers). The questions were all behavioral/fit questions -- tell me about a time when ... etc. etc.

The second part of the interview was a test - much like the GMAT but with spacial orientation, IQ sort of stuff.

The third round of the interview was another phone interview with more behavioral questions and specific questions about brands I liked, why they work well, advertising campaigns that are successful etc.

I did not receive the offer (probably because at the end of the day I'm not that committed to brand management and was shaky on my brand knowledge).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you led a team through a crisis?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you persuaded someone to do something?   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2009.

Interview

Very through process. I went through 4 interviews, an IQ test, a phone interview and and online test! The interviews all run through the same overall flow, but it gets more "loose" as you get closer to top-management. Overall it was a quite frustrating process, since the interviews ran for over 2 months and I only got very little feedback along the way - and when my application was denied at the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a personal challenge that you have overcome   Answer Question
    • Explain a few situations when you have taken leadership of a group   Answer Question