Procter & Gamble CMK Associate Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Procter & Gamble CMK Associate Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

3.3

CMK Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2012.

Interview

pretty much all behavioral questions, first round interviewers were much more free-flowing and openly positive, second round was tougher and the reviewers were more stoic/stone-faced/neutral in appearance during the interview, but ultimately they were still nice. Lots of probes and follow ups to questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

The online test is the first step - simple and obvious how to answer. Then a phone interview with HR followed by someone ~ 6-15 years experience. P&G has a very specific and consistent interviewing process and anyone who interviews must participate in formal training before doing so. Next up - an in-person 'timed' test similar to the GMAT or GRE, in a room with someone supervising. From what I hear, many have failed this test and if one fails, it an automatic 'no'. However, when I interviewed they said 'since we have significant gaps right now, we will consider waiving the test for people who do well in all other regards'. The test usually happens on the same day as the panel interview. The panel inteview will be with 3 CMK managers - they are usually all band 3 or a mix of band 3 and 4. A 'band 3' Senior CMK manager at P&G usually has 6-10 years of experience. It's the level right before assoc. director. Expect a group of young, well trained, articulate and enthusiastic people. Very pleasant, very positivie about their P&G experience. All interviews follow the "CAR" approach (context, action, results). This is not a laid back conversation. It's Q&A and they are looking for specific examples following this method. Depending on who you get, it can feel very canned or conversational. The latter depends on the person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were able to secure someone’s agreement to an idea or proposal, despite their initial resistance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, P&G will not negotiate for the marketing or marketing research functions. This is unlike any other company you'll encounter. They are very committed to their promote-from-within philosophy. The majority of new hires are new-grad or post MBA.

CMK Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Geneva (Switzerland)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for a CMK Associate Manager position for Geneva. I passed the online assessment test that only consists of figures (finding patterns across figures) as well as a personality assessment test which measures your skills and capabilities in certain personality areas (e.g., leadership, agility). After I passed the online test, I received an invitation for a conference call with one of the senior managers at the CMK department. It was supposed to be 1 hour interview, but it took 1:45 minutes. My interviewer was very friendly, he even gave constructive feedback during the interview. After two days, they told me that I passed the initial interview and that I am invited for the final interview in Geneva. After one week, they flew me to Geneva and the day started with a reasoning test at the P&G office. The test was just as difficult as the practise test, just longer. For math, there are quite some travel, equations and percentages questions. And figures are as in the online assessment. Verbal questions are long but easy to comprehend and answer. After waiting in the room, the woman came back and told me that I passed the test and that I can continue to the last two interviews. After having lunch at the P&G office, I had two interviews with three people from the CMK department. Again, the questions were almost exactly the same as the first phone interview. So I answered very confidently and even in more structured manner than the first interview. I had a very very positive feeling about the interviews and was confident that I had a high chance in getting this position. However, the next day I received an automatic rejection email. I contacted the HR for feedback as I could not understand why I was rejected, and she told me as per company policy they cannot give feedback. So all the efforts ended with an automatic rejection email and no feedback from the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• At the first interview, I was asked about my motivation to join P&G and the specific role, which was followed by 6-8 behavioral interview questions (tell me about a time you ...) and 2 hypothetical / situation questions (what would you do if...).

Some questions that were asked at each round:
      1. Tell me about a time you led a team and achieved very good results
      2. Tell me about a time you improved a certain process
      3. Tell me about a time you had to convince people around you
      4. Tell me about a time a project that you were involved in took a complete different turn
      5. Tell me about a time when you used different perspectives to solve a certain problem and you had great results
      6.Tell me about a time when you worked with people who had differing opinions and you managed to have productive relations with them
      Answer Question

CMK Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2014.

Interview

We had a online test, if you pass the mark you will move on to the paper test in P&G centre. If you happen to fall into the top 1% of the lot, you will be offered a 2-step interview - first is with 2 associate directors, the second is with the senior director of your function. If 1 of the 3 hiring directors gave a thumbs down, there will be a final interview to assess you. Otherwise most people gets 2 tests and 2 interviews.

Interview Questions

• mainly behavioural questions such as "can you describe an incident where someone betrayed you?" or "were you ever forced to do the right thing?"   Answer Question

Associate Manager-CMK Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in September 2010.

Interview

On campus recruiting
    First round: problem-solving test
    Second round: interview - behavioural questions: tell us a time when...teamwork, creativity, leadership, persuasion, problem-solving.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you need to adjust yourself professionally and personally?   Answer Question

CMK Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (London, England (UK)) in April 2009.

Interview

1) Problem solving test - three parts (quantitative, logical reasoning, diagrams), nothing extremely hard, take P&G's online practice version of this test, it is REALLY helpful.

2) Interviews - all based on the P&G's success drivers described onlne on their website. Try to answer in the required format (Task-Action-Result). The evidence can be pretty much anything from your academics, internships, extra-curricular activities. Try to demonstrate your leadership, prepare at least 3 to 4 clear examples!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a personal conflict and how did you try to solve it?   Answer Question

Chose other company.