Procter & Gamble Customer Business Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Procter & Gamble Customer Business Development Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2016

3.4

Customer Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewing for their Sales (CBD) internship. There were two interviewers in the room, both of who were nice and personable. The interview itself was extremely straight-forward, not very technical but very behavioral-based. The questions mostly revolved around STAR format ("Tell me about a time when..."). There were no curve balls thrown and all the questions were pretty much to be expected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took a leadership role to lead a team to success.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

After one online qualifying test, in person qualifying and logic test, an in person interview on my college campus, they finally flew me to Global headquarters for an internship conference and final interview

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had to find a solution to a problem without having the necessary resources.   Answer Question

Customer Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

long and intensive . Based on STAR questions.The firs interview is over the phone and then you are invited to go to the office for a formal interview in front of 3 to 5 people asking you question based on the STAR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Set-up account online. Complete online application. Complete invitation to step 2 that includes a 67 question Management Assessment and a timed 15 question Reasoning Assessment. Step 3 is Phone Screen with current P&G employee. Contains 9 questions that must be answered in their format. Next step is another timed Reasoning Test taken at their General Offices. 40 questions this time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you set a goal and weren't able to meet or achieve it?   Answer Question

Customer Business Development Interview

Interview

I interviewed on their website. They contacted me for a Reasoning Test in the office. The test contained 3 parts: Language, Math and Logic. If you are selected, they will send you a sample to practice. Then I was called for a super day. I had a first interview with a HR person then right after another interview with the head of HR. Both interviews were very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• All fit questions, nothing unexpected. Logical part of the reasoning test was quite difficult but very feasible.   Answer Question

Customer Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

Interview

P&G prides itself on being an extremely tough company in regards to its hiring practices. After submitting an application, you are immediately prompted to take a portion of their reasoning test. According to their hiring managers, the reasoning test eliminates a significant portion of their candidates. The Customer Business Development Internship this year had 1800 applicants and 83 of us were invited to the Global Headquarters in Cincinnati for the final round.

As mentioned above, you will first submit and application that includes both your resume and cover letter. Upon submission of your application, you will then take the logic portion of their reasoning test. I suggest before taking it, you take the practice version that P&G provides on their website. It is extremely helpful. If you are invited to the phone interview next, please familiarize yourself with the CAR method of interviewing. This is how all of the subsequent interviews are structured so get prepared early. The questions are straightforward; however, I recommend that you list out examples before the interview so you have things to pull from.

Next, this comes the fun part! You get invited to the Customer Business Development Internship Conference at the P&G Headquarters in Cincinnati. All expenses are paid and the company is extremely hospitable from the time you arrive. You will get to meet the other candidates as well as P&G executives. The first thing you will do is take the full reasoning test. Once again, familiarize yourself with the format with the practice test on the P&G website. I thought the test onsite was much harder than the version on the website, especially the math portion. Next, you can breathe a little as you will go on a company tour and just learn a little bit more about the company. The next day you will do your final interview and have a farewell lunch. They say you will hear back in two weeks, but I heard back in 3 days.

Following acceptance of the internship, you must then submit to a background check and a drug test. These are both time sensitive tasks and upon passing both, you will submit to a medical evaluation. Those are your only pre-hire contingencies and afterwards you are officially an intern.

Overall, it is a long process, but well worth it. The company has a wonderful attitude and they stress choosing them, not them choosing you. It was an amazing experience and I was fortunate enough to receive an offer. I am extremely excited to begin my position this upcoming May! I encourage everyone to at least apply because whether you receive it or not, it is a great opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to work with limited resources to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't an opportunity to negotiate because it was an internship offer.

Customer Business Development Interview

Interview

The whole process took 3 weeks from start to finish. The interview was all behavior based questions. I think I lost the job only because the other girl knew someone that worked there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a quick decision.   Answer Question

Customer Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Online application process is tedious but used appropriately. After you pass the online exam and submission a phone interview follows. Next is an in person interview and then a final "marathon" interview at P&G with 4 to 5 people lasting upwards of 6 hours. The whole process takes about 3 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

The intern interview process for CBD is three rounds - the first being an assessment and initial resume screen, the second is a phone interview, and third is a trip to headquarters in Cincinnati for a final assessment and panel interview. Unfortunately this company puts a LOT of emphasis on the assessment that they give you. The assessment tests tests your mathematical skills and logical reasoning. Part of the assessment contains shapes for you to identify as part of a pattern, while the logical section gives you passages to read and asks you to determine what the best answer is. This intern role is essentially a "sales" role. Therefore, you might expect the company to want to hear your verbal reasoning and communication skills, but that is not the case. The assessment takes place on paper - no form of communication or verbal reasoning skills necessary.

Before the third round interview I was very impressed with P&G. Now I'm not so sure. This corporate giant is slow moving and doesn't do a great job of making sure that everyone is on the same page. However, they did reiterate a number of times that you'll be moving a lot and you really don't have a say to where that will be.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest short term adjustment you've had to make and how did you apply that to a long term adjustment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

Logic Test was straightforward. Phone interview was very friendly and conversational.

At P&G HQ there was a very cult-like feel for everyone who worked there. Everyone seemed mindlessly in love with their job, which I suppose is great for job happiness. The final interview was pretty difficult, a couple curveball questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you lost something and how you overcame it   Answer Question