Procter & Gamble Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 22, 2017

3.4

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Online application required, which involved an aptitude test. University career fair day was when one can talk to a recruiter. After about 4 to 5 weeks after the application, a phone call may come to schedule an interview. The suggested interview time was three days from the phone call. After the interview a quick (couple of days) response will be given.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a person did not see your way during a work project.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online after hearing about positions at the career fair. I took the online assessment and heard back 4 weeks later for a 1 hour on-campus interview. Spoke with one person.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Completed an online IQ assessment and behavioral questionairre. Met with recruiter at career fair and was invited for preliminary interview. Was then contacted for a full on-campus interview which was conducted by two people. 1 month later I was finally invited to an interview in Cincinnati.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Iowa City, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

First you will have 65 minutes to complete a reasoning exam. The exam is broken down into 3 parts: math, reading, and patterns. After the test you will then meet with one of the senior engineers for a 1:1 interview. The test will greatly determine if you are offered a position with the company. My interviewer stated he was really interested in me however I did not complete the test and therefore did not pass. Not passing the test will disqualify you from the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the most technically difficult problem you have solved?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2015.

Interview

I met with P&G at the Texas A&M Career Fair and then interviewed with them about a month later after applying online and completing a personality test and reasoning test. I am now waiting to hear back if I made final round interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through a college career fair. I had to apply online and complete a personality and logic test. The campus interview was behavioral and they asked me about my resume. I then went through a super day, where I had another logic test and interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to persuade a group of people to do something differently   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

Met campus recruiters at info session. Talked to same recruiter at career showcase and fortunately got an on campus interview. Was asked to take the online reasoning test- a lot like a gifted program test in elementary school with recognizing complex patterns. Was then flown to Cincinnati for an on site interview and to meet engineers. Overall process wasn't too bad.

Engineering Interview

Interview

Application process takes a fair amount of time. There are a couple of online tests at the end of the application. The first of these tests is behavioral based, and there are many questions. The next test is mathematically based, and basically asks you to find patterns between shapes and images. I was not offered an interview opportunity, and I believe I did fairly well on the mathematical test. It seems like they are looking for employees who fit a certain profile in terms of how the behavioral test questions are answered.

Interview Questions

• If an employee is doing (something against company policy), what should you do?

There are a few multiple choice questions like this and a few of the answers seem like they would be correct for each question, so it is difficult to choose an answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Iowa City, IA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, attended pre-career fair dinner, talked with the company at the career fair, had an on-campus interview, and onsite interview. On-site interview consisted of a night before dinner with recent graduates from college, breakfast with the individual who interviewed you on campus, and an all day on-site with tours and various interviews. The most important step is to make connections with them prior to the career fair, since most of the selections were made at the pre-career fair dinner.

Interview Questions

• General "tell me about a time" questions and written test with various math, personality, and convergence tests.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Very rigorous interview process which includes application, personality analysis, phone interview, reasoning test, and day-long interview. The interviews are story-based "tell me about a time when..." rather than traditional questions. During the day-long interview, up to a dozen current employees evaluate the candidate for skills, attitude, cultural fit, etc.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you had a problem with someone of another culture and how you resolved it."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little flexibility during the negotiation process.