Procter & Gamble Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Procter & Gamble Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2016

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Completed an online IQ assessment and behavioral questionairre. Met with recruiter at career fair and was invited for preliminary interview. Was then contacted for a full on-campus interview which was conducted by two people. 1 month later I was finally invited to an interview in Cincinnati.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Iowa City, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

First you will have 65 minutes to complete a reasoning exam. The exam is broken down into 3 parts: math, reading, and patterns. After the test you will then meet with one of the senior engineers for a 1:1 interview. The test will greatly determine if you are offered a position with the company. My interviewer stated he was really interested in me however I did not complete the test and therefore did not pass. Not passing the test will disqualify you from the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the most technically difficult problem you have solved?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2015.

Interview

I met with P&G at the Texas A&M Career Fair and then interviewed with them about a month later after applying online and completing a personality test and reasoning test. I am now waiting to hear back if I made final round interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

Met campus recruiters at info session. Talked to same recruiter at career showcase and fortunately got an on campus interview. Was asked to take the online reasoning test- a lot like a gifted program test in elementary school with recognizing complex patterns. Was then flown to Cincinnati for an on site interview and to meet engineers. Overall process wasn't too bad.

Engineering Interview

Interview

Application process takes a fair amount of time. There are a couple of online tests at the end of the application. The first of these tests is behavioral based, and there are many questions. The next test is mathematically based, and basically asks you to find patterns between shapes and images. I was not offered an interview opportunity, and I believe I did fairly well on the mathematical test. It seems like they are looking for employees who fit a certain profile in terms of how the behavioral test questions are answered.

Interview Questions

• If an employee is doing (something against company policy), what should you do?

There are a few multiple choice questions like this and a few of the answers seem like they would be correct for each question, so it is difficult to choose an answer.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Iowa City, IA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, attended pre-career fair dinner, talked with the company at the career fair, had an on-campus interview, and onsite interview. On-site interview consisted of a night before dinner with recent graduates from college, breakfast with the individual who interviewed you on campus, and an all day on-site with tours and various interviews. The most important step is to make connections with them prior to the career fair, since most of the selections were made at the pre-career fair dinner.

Interview Questions

• General "tell me about a time" questions and written test with various math, personality, and convergence tests.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Very rigorous interview process which includes application, personality analysis, phone interview, reasoning test, and day-long interview. The interviews are story-based "tell me about a time when..." rather than traditional questions. During the day-long interview, up to a dozen current employees evaluate the candidate for skills, attitude, cultural fit, etc.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you had a problem with someone of another culture and how you resolved it."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little flexibility during the negotiation process.

Engineer Interview

Interview

It was multiple rounds and met with both a technical and HR interviewer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

I posted my resume on P&G's website, and within a week they got back to me saying that I had made it past the first screening step. The next step was taking a personality consisting of questions like "Do you feel that you are a better leader than most of your peers?" or "How many times in the last month have you demonstrated leadership?". Then I took a reasoning test which consisted of pattern completion involving various shapes and figures. It took approximately 2 weeks for a response upon completing both tests, but I did not get an interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you failed, what happened?   Answer Question
    • When under pressure, what are your methods of staying in control?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

Took a personality test and basic reasoning test online. Was contact about a week later by recruiters inviting me to on-campus interview. Had a week to prepare for the interview. Basic C-A-R interview (Context-Action-Result). They emphasize in the interview that's how they would like the responses. Rather basic behavioural questions. All of them were "Tell me about a time when...." Make sure ahead of time you make mental note of several experiences where you had to make big decisions or were in a tough situation. Example: Tell me about a time you had to develop a unique solution to a problem. First interviews consist of 9 behavioral questions. Be sure to ask some well thought out and position oriented questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to come up with a unique solution to a problem.   Answer Question