Procter & Gamble Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

3.4

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2011.

Interview

Online assessment of problem solving / IQ and an online assessment of ethics. 90% of people get screened out at this step. It is very difficult. Phone interview with one person (30-60 minutes). Most questions are framed as "Tell me about a time when you...". If you make it past that, they bring you back n-site for an in-person problem solving assessment (to confirm the results online were valid) and two in-person panel interviews. Then if you receive an offer, you must pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

• A time that you stood up for something you thought was the right thing to do even though others or your boss didn't agree.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2011.

Interview

long onsite interview, 2 on 1 interview. Behavior questions. Group presentations, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

Proctor and Gamble has an extensive interview process.
    1. First you apply online through their career website.
    2. After you apply you will be sent a link to fill out a Personality test that asks questions about how you feel about your leadership skills and how would you handle certain tasks. Along with the personality test is a reasoning test similar to an IQ test with reading comprehension problems, puzzles, etc.
    3. If you do well on the online tests they will ask you to take another reasoning test at one of their facilities. It is similar to the reasoning test taken online.
    4. If you do well on that then you may be given an interview, mine was over the phone. They generally ask you to give an example of a time that you did something such as overcoming a difficult problem, leading a group, using innovative thinking, etc.
    5. I was not given an internship but I was admitted to their TETRA program. It is a week long training program where they teach you about the company and have you go through thought exercises. During the week you are given an final interview by two people who ask you questions about your resume, experiences, etc. This was a chance to talk about exciting things that you have done.
    The TETRA program felt deceptive because at this point they are trying to impress the interviewee into joining the company, although they are not given an offer at that point. They spent a lot of money and treat you to many fancy dinners in order to convince you that this is the place to be.

Interview Questions

• How do you find an appropriate price to sell a product?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Brussels (Belgium)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very interesting and challenging. The online tests were pretty easy, after that I had an interview by phone. I had to travel abroad for the in-person tests and the final interviews. It seemed to me an amazing company. I recommend people not to get very nervous and try to control your attitude at any cost.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Iowa City, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

First you will have 65 minutes to complete a reasoning exam. The exam is broken down into 3 parts: math, reading, and patterns. After the test you will then meet with one of the senior engineers for a 1:1 interview. The test will greatly determine if you are offered a position with the company. My interviewer stated he was really interested in me however I did not complete the test and therefore did not pass. Not passing the test will disqualify you from the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the most technically difficult problem you have solved?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Iowa City, IA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, attended pre-career fair dinner, talked with the company at the career fair, had an on-campus interview, and onsite interview. On-site interview consisted of a night before dinner with recent graduates from college, breakfast with the individual who interviewed you on campus, and an all day on-site with tours and various interviews. The most important step is to make connections with them prior to the career fair, since most of the selections were made at the pre-career fair dinner.

Interview Questions

• General "tell me about a time" questions and written test with various math, personality, and convergence tests.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Interview

Application process takes a fair amount of time. There are a couple of online tests at the end of the application. The first of these tests is behavioral based, and there are many questions. The next test is mathematically based, and basically asks you to find patterns between shapes and images. I was not offered an interview opportunity, and I believe I did fairly well on the mathematical test. It seems like they are looking for employees who fit a certain profile in terms of how the behavioral test questions are answered.

Interview Questions

• If an employee is doing (something against company policy), what should you do?

There are a few multiple choice questions like this and a few of the answers seem like they would be correct for each question, so it is difficult to choose an answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process is highly based upon you demonstrating capability in requirements of three main categories. Power of people (ability to work with and create synergy with others), Power of the mind (ability to execute critical, logical thinking), and power of agility (ability to deal with and embrace change and ambiguous situations). It is key that your answers to the various questions posed demonstrate these three key areas. Use these as a template to structuring your answers. Further description of these factors are posted on P&G's website.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with unforeseen difficulties working with a team. How did you approach and resolve the issue, driving the team to success?   Answer Question

Negotiation

P&G generally does not negotiate salaries (almost never). They have pre-set salary ranges. For internships they will base your salary on your major as well as your year in college. For full time offers they will base your salary on your major. They do not vary these ranges to adjust for cost of living in different cities, however they do offer some differing relocation benefits that will range in size based on the city at hand.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Very rigorous interview process which includes application, personality analysis, phone interview, reasoning test, and day-long interview. The interviews are story-based "tell me about a time when..." rather than traditional questions. During the day-long interview, up to a dozen current employees evaluate the candidate for skills, attitude, cultural fit, etc.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you had a problem with someone of another culture and how you resolved it."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little flexibility during the negotiation process.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2008.

Interview

3 interviews, problem solving test.