Procter & Gamble Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

3.4

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied for Top Engineering Talent Recruiting Event TETRE program. and I processed for rounds of interviews until I was selected to the final interview in Cincinnati which ended by a full time offer. The hiring process is composed of online IQ exams and onsite (contracted office) to take a similar exam. then I phone interviews. then I was selected to the final round in OH.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

Proctor and Gamble has an extensive interview process.
    1. First you apply online through their career website.
    2. After you apply you will be sent a link to fill out a Personality test that asks questions about how you feel about your leadership skills and how would you handle certain tasks. Along with the personality test is a reasoning test similar to an IQ test with reading comprehension problems, puzzles, etc.
    3. If you do well on the online tests they will ask you to take another reasoning test at one of their facilities. It is similar to the reasoning test taken online.
    4. If you do well on that then you may be given an interview, mine was over the phone. They generally ask you to give an example of a time that you did something such as overcoming a difficult problem, leading a group, using innovative thinking, etc.
    5. I was not given an internship but I was admitted to their TETRA program. It is a week long training program where they teach you about the company and have you go through thought exercises. During the week you are given an final interview by two people who ask you questions about your resume, experiences, etc. This was a chance to talk about exciting things that you have done.
    The TETRA program felt deceptive because at this point they are trying to impress the interviewee into joining the company, although they are not given an offer at that point. They spent a lot of money and treat you to many fancy dinners in order to convince you that this is the place to be.

Interview Questions

• How do you find an appropriate price to sell a product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

It's for the P&G engineering summer camp. First round interview was a 1 and half hour phone interview in March, including a behavioral part and technical part (which is still very general). After the first round interview, another assessment test was given, followed by a on-site 2:1 interview during the summer camp in August.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2011.

Interview

Online assessment of problem solving / IQ and an online assessment of ethics. 90% of people get screened out at this step. It is very difficult. Phone interview with one person (30-60 minutes). Most questions are framed as "Tell me about a time when you...". If you make it past that, they bring you back n-site for an in-person problem solving assessment (to confirm the results online were valid) and two in-person panel interviews. Then if you receive an offer, you must pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

• A time that you stood up for something you thought was the right thing to do even though others or your boss didn't agree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Gainesville, FL) in November 2010.

Interview

There was a career showcase, where you talk to recruiters and leave a resume. You're suppose to have applied online already, where there is a personality test and an intelligence test. Afterwards, you wait for the company to contact you. Upon contact, they set you up for on campus interviews, where you meet 1 on 1. If they still like you, they ask you to go to their company's headquarters, where they fly you in for a 2nd interview. There, you either get sent home or an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied online. Two months later I was interview on phone. Person was very friendly and easy going. Most of the time I was asked about my skills related to job. Than two weeks later I was asked for on site interview. A full day long interviews. All people were very friedly and easy going. Most of the time it was behavioral questions. I was told to give a presentation. it was decent crowd there and asked reasonably smart questions.Two days later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your negative points?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process is highly based upon you demonstrating capability in requirements of three main categories. Power of people (ability to work with and create synergy with others), Power of the mind (ability to execute critical, logical thinking), and power of agility (ability to deal with and embrace change and ambiguous situations). It is key that your answers to the various questions posed demonstrate these three key areas. Use these as a template to structuring your answers. Further description of these factors are posted on P&G's website.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with unforeseen difficulties working with a team. How did you approach and resolve the issue, driving the team to success?   Answer Question

Negotiation

P&G generally does not negotiate salaries (almost never). They have pre-set salary ranges. For internships they will base your salary on your major as well as your year in college. For full time offers they will base your salary on your major. They do not vary these ranges to adjust for cost of living in different cities, however they do offer some differing relocation benefits that will range in size based on the city at hand.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in September 2009.

Interview

The interview was the result of a discussion started at a campus career fair. I was signed up on the spot for an interview. The interview consisted of three questions, all behavioral. "How would you react if a project you had worked on for a while had to suddenly change direction." "What leadership experience do you have?" I can't recall the last question. It was very informal and relaxed. The rest of the time was spent in just general discussion of my resume and life.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to having to immediately change direction on a project you had been working on for a while?   Answer Question
    • What leadership positions have you held?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2009.

Interview

2 on 1 interview. Asked about different experiences I have had that exhibited leadership, teamwork and problem solving skills. The interviewers were very interested in my responses, made eye contact and seemed genuinely interested in not only getting a feel for who I am and how I would be an asset, but also in what they could learn from me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked with someone who didn't meet group expectations and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were faced with a technical problem and how you used your knowledge to solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. The offer and benefits were great.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2009.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview came a few weeks after that. Then they flew me to Cincinnati, where I took a tour of the HQ and surrounding tech centers. Had another short interview with 2 experienced employees. Got an offer at the end of the visit.