Procter & Gamble Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017

3.3

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Applied online and took a reasoning test two months before I was initially contacted for a 1:1 phone interview which went very well. STAR/CAR questions are a favorite on this interview. A week later I was contacted to interview at the HQ in Cincinnati, OH. This consisted of an in-person reasoning test very early in the morning followed by two back-to-back, 1:1, one hour interviews with directors at P&G. These interviews were somewhat informal and consisted of a few STAR/CAR questions along with some situational role play. The night before the interview, someone took me out for dinner. Immediately following the interview someone took me out for lunch. The lunch/dinner hosts were very friendly and were open to answering any questions you have about the firm. They claim that they have no say in the hiring process, but I was cautious anyways. Overall, the most difficult part of the interview was the reasoning test. I studied for a whole week prior to the interview, which proved to be very helpful. I had a perfect score on the practice test, yet the real test was difficult in comparison. There are many websites you can visit that offer practice tests that are very similar to the real reasoning test. I recommend spending at least a few days studying. About a week after my interview, I was offered a full-time position.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
    Tell me about your greatest leadership moment.
    Tell me about a time you had a new idea to improve a process.
    Tell me about a time when you had to motivate a team to get something done.
    Is there anything else you want me to know before we conclude this interview?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

1.) Application, online personality/ leadership screen, online figural reasoning screen.
    2.) Selection for a phone interview with a finance director.
    3.) Travel to Cincinnati: Social dinner with a Sr. analyst. Feel free to ask for interview tips. They're there to help you. The analyst said that he didn't have a say in who gets hired, but still make a positive impression: Knowledgeable and sociable.
    4.) Early morning test with numerical, logical, and a figural reasoning portion. 65 minutes, 40 questions. The test isn't very difficult. 85% of the people who pass the online figural reasoning screen pass the written test.
    5.) The two interviews were straight forward. They are both an hour long with a manager. There is a strong emphasis on having shown leadership in the past. The most important part of the interview is asking real questions about P&G. Your questions will allow you to show your curiosity and analytical ability.
    6.) Smile.
    7.) Lunch with another analyst after the interview.
    8.) If your interviewer likes you, you may hear back within a few hours.

Overall, the process went smoothly, the interviewers asked fair behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you improved a process.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult colleague.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you led a group and what was the result.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to manage multiple projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

You have to pass an online assessment in order to even be noticed. (pass/fail)
    First is a phone screen. (pass/fail)
    Then they fly you to Cincinnati to take an in-person written exam (pass/fail) and two individual hour long interviews.
    Almost ALL questions for phone screen and in-person are behavioral.
    In-person they have a checklist of questions asking different aspects of your behavior.
    They are extremely picky on a specific type of personality has always worked for them in the past.
    I went with 12 people to the final round and only 2 got job offers. You are trying to be the less than one percent. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to work closely with someone whose personality was very different from yours   1 Answer
    • Describe a long-term project that you managed. How did you keep everything moving along in a timely manner   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I had to take 2 assessment tests prior to getting an interview. The assessment tests weren't very hard. Some questions were common sense, others tested your problems solving skills. The interview was laid back and they did not ask me any finance related questions. They asked me questions that were more related to experiences that I've had and how I've dealt with some challenging situations.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to make a difficult decision, and how did you go about making your decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Process took about two months. Applied online, took a test before submission. It had two parts behavioral and math. Couple months later received a call from hiring manager, regular career goal questions. Later received email invitation for reasoning test. Same questions as in practice test, but harder and more in quantity. After was invited for panel interview with HR and two managers

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

Interview

P&G recruits at my school and do a preliminary online behavioral and logic reasoning assessment. After the candidate is successfully screened, he/she will have the first interview of entirely behavioral questions. This is as far as I've got in the recruiting process

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to manage conflict in a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

Begins with an online application and proceeded with online tests of both reasoning and situational questions. Then one 1 on 1 phone interview and since I live in Ohio, a back to back in person interview with 2 interviewers. Interviewers were all friendly and down to earth, however asked a lot of behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

On Campus interview Process.
    Be sure to talk the P&G tests online!
    1. Talk to every employer at the pre-night.
    2. Have 10+ examples to answer behavioral based questions.
    3. 1st and 2nd round campus interviews are similar
    4. Prepare 5+ interesting questions for interviewers (2-on-1 interviews)
    5. Cincinnati based interviews (2). Be prepared to talk about why you want P&G for a career and not just a position. F&A hires based on people willing to work on any area of F&A

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing you have ever had to do in your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

I made contact with a representative at our Career Fair. made an impression on him. I was encouraged to apply. I did. Got an on campus interview, then received an offer for a second interview in Cincinnati. I will be taking that interview in two weeks.

The interview I took on campus was with two reps, one young one old, asked behavioral questions. Team oriented behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a way you have improved a process.   Answer Question
    • When have you had to change a direction or focus of a project halfway through completion?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2008.

Interview

I applied to a summer internship through my university's career center. I had an interview on campus that was very resume focussed. I was then flown to Cincinnati for a panel interivew. This one was much more traditional (aka, tell me of a time when you overcame an obstacle). The company was very focussed on responses being given in the "CAR" format - Context, Actions, Results. I also had to do a personality test online. Now days, the company also gives a SAT style "Reasoning" test. I was offerred a position as a summer intern between my Junior and Senior years of college. At the end of my internship, I was evaluated and given an offer to come back and work full time after graduation.

Interview Questions

• After having had an interview on campus that was very focussed on my individual resume, I was surprised when they began asking me more traditional "tell me of a time when..." questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I only heard of one person that negotiated for an internship and I don't think it was received well.