Procter & Gamble Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Procter & Gamble Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2017

3.3

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baku (Azerbaijan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Baku (Azerbaijan)) in January 2013.

Interview

There were one online test and followed with one writing exam (math, logical tests and language test). Afterwards there were 5 interview happened. Each interview led by different department heads. When you got a negative written feedback from any of the interviewer you do not have any chance to get into the next step.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult time and you solved the problem? How?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

You have to pass an online assessment in order to even be noticed. (pass/fail)
    First is a phone screen. (pass/fail)
    Then they fly you to Cincinnati to take an in-person written exam (pass/fail) and two individual hour long interviews.
    Almost ALL questions for phone screen and in-person are behavioral.
    In-person they have a checklist of questions asking different aspects of your behavior.
    They are extremely picky on a specific type of personality has always worked for them in the past.
    I went with 12 people to the final round and only 2 got job offers. You are trying to be the less than one percent. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to work closely with someone whose personality was very different from yours   1 Answer
    • Describe a long-term project that you managed. How did you keep everything moving along in a timely manner   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Applied online and took a reasoning test two months before I was initially contacted for a 1:1 phone interview which went very well. STAR/CAR questions are a favorite on this interview. A week later I was contacted to interview at the HQ in Cincinnati, OH. This consisted of an in-person reasoning test very early in the morning followed by two back-to-back, 1:1, one hour interviews with directors at P&G. These interviews were somewhat informal and consisted of a few STAR/CAR questions along with some situational role play. The night before the interview, someone took me out for dinner. Immediately following the interview someone took me out for lunch. The lunch/dinner hosts were very friendly and were open to answering any questions you have about the firm. They claim that they have no say in the hiring process, but I was cautious anyways. Overall, the most difficult part of the interview was the reasoning test. I studied for a whole week prior to the interview, which proved to be very helpful. I had a perfect score on the practice test, yet the real test was difficult in comparison. There are many websites you can visit that offer practice tests that are very similar to the real reasoning test. I recommend spending at least a few days studying. About a week after my interview, I was offered a full-time position.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Tell me about your greatest leadership moment.
      Tell me about a time you had a new idea to improve a process.
      Tell me about a time when you had to motivate a team to get something done.
      Is there anything else you want me to know before we conclude this interview?
      Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

1. questionnaire via web
    2. psychotechnical tests at the company's office- there is a sample test that Procter and Gamble provides in order to prepare, the test at their offices is much longer and difficult.
    3. a few interviews, depending on the progress and whether the nominee passed a previous interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview's length was an hour, all the conversation was held in English. One on the questions that I was asked about is to describe a project the I've done in the past.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Madrid (Spain)) in October 2015.

Interview

Online tests: quantitative, abstract and reading exercises
    Telephone interview with my future manager (30 minutes) CV check and why do you want to work at P&G questions
    On-site tests: Same kind of tests as the online tests but a bit harder and longer
    Panel interview with three current employees of the firm. Lasted 2h or 2,5h.
    Received offer 2 weeks after carrying out the panel interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you developed your leadership skills.
      Tell me about a situation where you failed.
      There are plenty of these questions online. Just google them.
      Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Madrid (Spain)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, completed numerical, abstract and general competencies tests. Then came the telephone interview, about an hour long, after that more tests and finally a panel interview with three current employees of the department.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

Subjected to success Drivers test for everyone. Called back for 1:1 interview with some in the function, followed by 2 group interviews. The questions covered a broad base of topics, and took a significant amount of time. You'd usually know relatively quickly if you were making it to next stage.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you saw an issue with a certain matter & how you were able to fix it. What was the impact afterwards?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Process took about two months. Applied online, took a test before submission. It had two parts behavioral and math. Couple months later received a call from hiring manager, regular career goal questions. Later received email invitation for reasoning test. Same questions as in practice test, but harder and more in quantity. After was invited for panel interview with HR and two managers

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

Below are the steps of interview process:

1. Online assessments
    2. Offline assessments
    3. 1st round interview
    4. 2nd round interview
    5. Offer - HR

The whole experience is worth it if you truly breath P&G...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were the leading a team with limited resources?
      Why do you want to work for P&G?
      What are your motivations in starting a student club? How do you go about starting it? (after highlighting personal experience)
      Tell me about yourself
      1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2014.

Interview

Application through the Day in a Life of a Finance and Accounting Manager Scheme. You send a cover letter (really optional, unless you have odd gaps in your CV) and a CV. Then there are some odd questions about achievements in school etc, and then a set of shape based IQ questions - Raven's Matrices.

I then had a phone interview, for which I was given 24 hours notice. I imagine this would have been negotiable if necessary - they suggested an interview 1 hour after they called, which I pushed forward to the next day.

I was then invited to interview. The first day is technically non-assessed and consists of some talks by senior staff, some role plays, and a 2 hour case study. You then present the case study to senior members of staff. There is then a dinner in the evening - get a good night's sleep before hand it is a VERY long day! (8:30am to 10:30pm, talking pretty much solidly).

The next day there are repeats of the IQ tests, plus verbal and numerical reasoning. I believe these are usually done the previous day. If you fail these you are sent home.

Then you have 2 interviews. The first, in the morning, is with one interviewer, and the second, in the afternoon is with two.

Both are fairly similar, competency based interviews. I was asked about the most difficult challenge i had faced, and a time when I had failed, as well as various other normal ones - when I had led a team etc etc.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult challenge I had faced, and when I had failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.