Procter & Gamble Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

3.3

212 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lagos (Nigeria)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Lagos (Nigeria)) in June 2014.

Interview

Four Interviews. After sitting for a test and the online behavioral test. One interview was conducted on campus and the others were conducted at the office. First Interview was with a HR Manager. Second with a manager from the plant. Had the others with a finance manager and a consumer market knowledge manager. I think the people who get to interview you are those who a seeking for interns on their team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to execute a project with limited funds   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Brussels (Belgium)) in February 2016.

Interview

The procedure went in following sequence: Online screening resume, online communication test, online reasoning test, telephone interview, on-campus reasoning test, interview with 3 team leaders within the department op employment. The on-campus reasoning test and the interviews are held on the same day. During lunchtime, you'll be offered a lunch with a young starter in the department of application.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you?
      What are your strengths?
      This is our new product X, tell me why I need to sell this in my Retail store.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2016.

Interview

First, I applied on their website. Minutes later, I got an invitation to do their online assessment. This is basically a test where they ask very general question, whether you prefer working in teams, or alone; the frequency of times in your life when you worked in a team, how often do you lead a team, how often did you have to actually solve a problem in a project, what you usually do when you face a conflict within a team, what would you do in a certain scenario etc. There are no right answers, you just need to answer honestly, and they will be looking for a certain trend and personality. This online assessment is not timed, so you can take your time in answering the questions.

Then, I was invited to stage three of the recruitment process. This is a reasoning test (RT). The reasoning test comprises of three main sections: Numerical Reasoning, Logic-Based Reasoning, and Figural Reasoning. The first section comprises of simple mathematical questions involving percentages and quick calculations. Logic-Based reasoning are questions where you are given a paragraph to read and then asked one question to answer from the text, this tests your ability to draw conclusions from a text, no hidden ideas though. The Figural Reasoning section is basically a bunch of shapes and patterns that you have to figure out and then complete a set or figure out what shapen will occur next. Overall, this RT tests how you manage time more than anything, you only get 65 minutes and that's barely enough to finish 35 out of the 40 questions that are in the test.

The final stage of the hiring process is the interview. I was lucky enough to get invited two days after the RT back to the HQ to do my interviews. I got 3 interviews in a row and the interviews lasted 2 and a half hours in total. Of course, they ask the most obvious questions first about why P&G, why not seek a career in academia, and all the basic questions. Then they ask a set of behavioural questions to find out what you're made of. They ask you to give situations where you ahd to do "so and so".

Answer in the CAR method: Context of the situation and the challenge you faced, Action you took to solve the problem, Results of your action and the overall outcome.

Be careful, you should not lie about these situations. The reason why you should not lie is because some questions may be introductions to other questions. If you lie about coaching a team of 7 in troubleshooting parachute problems, you better have an answer to what techniques you used when you had trouble opening your parachute at 1000 ft above the ground. So your best bet is to mention situations that have actually occurred in your life; these could be from school, university, work, life, anything really. Just sit a day or two before the interview in a quiet area, and try to jot down a number of situations where you think you displayed some powers of leadership, networking, quick decision making, being a team player....etc.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult decision you ever had to make?
      Tell me about a time when you had to energize a team to do a specific task?
      Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team member? How was this conflict resolved?
      Tell me about a time when you had to adapt to a certain situation?
      Tell me about a time when you coached a team or taught someone something that impacted their life?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Bucharest (Romania)) in February 2013.

Interview

There are quite a few steps in an interview process at P&G:
    - an online test that will ask for certain competencies that the company values (leadership, influencing skills, determination, analysis etc)
    - a reasoning and numeracy test taken on site
    - 3 interviews with 3 different managers (they might ask the same questions because they don't know what each other has asked)

All the interviews are designed around competency based questions. You will be asked to describe situations and events when you've dealt with a specific problem, what was the context, what did you do, and what was the outcome. The key thing here is to speak about "you", not about "we". If you were part of a team that did something great, use your experience.

Each step will only happen if the previous step has been successfully completed by the candidate.
    After the 3rd interview, if you get the call, the next meeting is to discuss the offer.

Interview Questions

• To describe a situation that highlights my leadership skills.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)).

Interview

Basically all interviews were behavioral. Though it may vary in some cases, sometimes the interviewer is more inclined towards judging a candidate technically so there is a a good chance of getting one technical interview.

The interviews are pretty long (1hour) so it would be wise to take a long sleep before interviewing and going in fresh.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi Lines (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Karāchi Lines (Pakistan)) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview Process was lengthy. Assessment Test was followed by a IQ test. After clearing the 2 tests, the interview process starts. It comprises of 3 Interviews with the first being the screening one. All are one on one

Interview Questions

• Q Descirbe yourself
      Where do you see yourself in 10 years
      A Situation where you tackled a problem
      A Situation where you showed your leadership skills
      Have you ever had a conflict with a boss or professor? How was it resolved?
      What is your greatest weakness?
      Give an example of a complex problem that you have had to solve. What happened? What was the result?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Madrid (Spain)) in May 2015.

Interview

First I filled in the assessment tests online (personality/numerical/patterns & shapes). I would really recommend answering the personality questions based on the P&G values on their website, as otherwise you'll get rejected after this round. Next I had a phone interview that lasted about an hour, with the typical "tell me about a time when". This interview was quite stressful, they really put you under a lot of pressure by interrupting you often and asking you for A LOT of detail on past work experiences (i.e. but why did you do it this way? but why is this relevant?). It's really important that you're able to emphasize leadership skills in all the examples you give. I honestly thought I was rejected after this round, but I went on to the final round which was two interviews on skype, each lasting an hour in Spanish and with basically the same exact questions as in the first round. Here the interviewers were much nicer I thought, it didn't feel as stressful as the first round. Within two weeks I was informed that I had been accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a conflict with a team member.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niš (Serbia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Niš (Serbia)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was second phone interview for one hour. The questions were about experience and my skills and way of thinking and working. They asked for precisely and very detailed answers so sometimes they just told me that my answer is not good and that I should try to explain more.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2016.

Interview

I have completed the online application, and passed the assessment center so I wait now for the invitation to the reasoning test at their office. Two tests at the assessment center, one behavioral and one on abstract logic.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2016.

Interview

I have applied on company website with a CV and motivation letter. Second step was quesionare and personality test online. After 2 weeks I was invited to campus for a reasoning test. It took 65 min and was quite more difficult than the one for preparation. Three interviews follow.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this company and than behavioral-Type questioning.   Answer Question