Procter & Gamble Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

3.3

218 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a mail for telephonic interview within 2 weeks. There were hiring manager, senior scientist, and two more technical expertise. All of them were easy going and very cooperative. They also discussed about type of work and the candidate they are looking for. This took around 45-60 mins.
After this telephonic interview, I got offer with in next 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• general question like tell me about yourself, short and long term objective, situational questions, more about your resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Austin, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The first interview was a behavioral interview and was not that bad. They were mainly trying to see if you are a good fit for the company (I recommend checking their website to see their core values first).

The Reasoning Test was basically trying to test your logic (it consisted mainly of detecting patterns) and was harder than I thought it was going to be.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to use your leadership skills   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

I went to a university workshop by P&G and turned in my resume/applied online (which includes a reasoning test). Within the next couple of days I received an email informing me they wanted to do a phone interview. Within the following week, the interview was conducted. Approximately 3-5 days after the interview, I was informed I made it pass the first interview and they wanted me to attend the "Super Recruiting Day." The trip was about 3-4 weeks after the phone interview (Nov 14th-15th, I think.) and they said they would have another one during December. Keep in mind, these dates were for the "Super Recruiting Days" relating to the P&G Beauty Research and Development interns. The first day we just had dinner with our day hosts. The following day, they showed us around and had a lot of work shops. We also had our interview (2-3 people interviewers per room) and retook the reasoning test. Everyone was really friendly and there was A LOT OF FOOD!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• All questions for interns will be related to your resume. Know it well!! They will throw some unexpected situation-al?/behavioral questions, like "tell me about a time when ____________." Be sure to answer with CAR or STAR (same thing.) One of mine was about a time where I had to learn something difficult.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Detroit, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

The process was simple. I went to a career fair and there they gave me and interview. Before the interview,I had to do the online assessment in order to continue. The assessment was long and you needed to think about it. The process for the second round took about 2 months but in the end I wasn't selected for a final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult member of your team   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

The focus a lot on hiring the person and not the position. They don't waste time trying to figure out if you're qualified. They use your resume for that. Once they think you could be a good fit they focus on making sure that you could be a good fit at the company and that your values and principles line up with the company's values and principles. Efficient interview process where you learn about the company and even about your self.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Very competitive multi-step hiring process including a prescreening IQ and personality test, 1-2 prescreening interviews, an onsite IQ test that was harder than the first one, and an onsite final interview with upper management. They gave me the offer the night after my final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with conflict in a team environment and you overcame it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

They went to my school, I applied online for various intern positions and was called for an on-campus interview. After taking a rotten test and passing this initial interview, I was invited to go to Ohio for an interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

I talked to recruiters at the career fair in September and gave them my resume. I was told to apply online so I would be in the system. The online application involved filling out a simple Taleo form and then completing two assessments: a personality assessment and a reasoning assessment. I highly encourage people to look at the same test for the reasoning assessment and be very familiar with P&G's PVPs and whether you fit with them.

Following this, I was invited to interview at school the next month when the interviewers were coming. This interview was very behavioral, asking questions along the lines of "tell me about a time when...". Be very familiar with your resume, as they'll have a copy and will be able to know if you're not being truthful.

It was between my first interview and the second that I had a gap of about four months. I talked to my recruiter and to my interviewer, both of whom said I was at the top of the list for further consideration. In March, I was invited on-site to interview. The first night we were there, we were invited to dinner with other candidates and our interviewers (who turned out to be our bosses). The second day, we had breakfast, an introduction to the company, a tour of the building, and then an interview with two interviewers. They provide the transportation to and from the site and hotel. Any expense taken to get to the P&G site is covered, you just need to send in your receipts.

Interview Questions

• Just all behavioral questions, nothing particularly difficult. Know your resume from start to finish.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase since it was an internship

Oct 31, 2014 – Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm sorry your interview process took so long! We try to make sure our hiring process is as quick as possible, but sounds like this didn't happen in your case... More

Intern Interview

Interview

The Steps:
    1) Online cognitive assessment: both tests took around an hour and a half. The first was a fit test and the other was a cognitive assessment test.
    2) Phone Interview: just the standard fit questions, why you're interested, etc.
    3) In person interview and in person cognitive assessment: another 40 to one hour cognitive assessment

Interview Questions

• Just be sure to look up general brainteasers and practice cognitive tests ahead of time   Answer Question

Oct 31, 2014 – Talent Acquisition

Great point! We do have cognitive reasoning assessments and there are definitely a lot of similar practice activities candidates can look for online to prepare. They can also check out our practice... More

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was very pleasant for both positions I applied for. I did two initial interviews for two intern positions, and I'm in the process of scheduling my second round interview at one of their plants. The interviewers were all great people to talk to. Make sure to ask them about their own work and the P&G company culture- they'll have a lot of good things to say.

Interview Questions

Procter & Gamble Response

Oct 31, 2014 – Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your response! Our interviewers are all great people! :) Most of our interviewers are directly from the function that you are applying for, so these are potentially your future colleagues... More