Procter & Gamble Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Procter & Gamble Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

3.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Mexico City (Mexico)) in May 2016.

Interview

In order to get you first interview, you must first do 2 exams, and attitude test and then an ability test. The attitude test is just to know how you react to different situations and which are your values, the ability test includes math and logic thinking questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in March 2016.

Interview

Online test followed by a written test at university.

Selected candidates appeared for screening interview.
    After that there was a delay of 3-5 weeks before they called for second interview.

Questions asked where generic and some technical questions as well. They new very little of technical side especially of the field they were not related to.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2016.

Interview

First, I applied on their website. Minutes later, I got an invitation to do their online assessment. This is basically a test where they ask very general question, whether you prefer working in teams, or alone; the frequency of times in your life when you worked in a team, how often do you lead a team, how often did you have to actually solve a problem in a project, what you usually do when you face a conflict within a team, what would you do in a certain scenario etc. There are no right answers, you just need to answer honestly, and they will be looking for a certain trend and personality. This online assessment is not timed, so you can take your time in answering the questions.

Then, I was invited to stage three of the recruitment process. This is a reasoning test (RT). The reasoning test comprises of three main sections: Numerical Reasoning, Logic-Based Reasoning, and Figural Reasoning. The first section comprises of simple mathematical questions involving percentages and quick calculations. Logic-Based reasoning are questions where you are given a paragraph to read and then asked one question to answer from the text, this tests your ability to draw conclusions from a text, no hidden ideas though. The Figural Reasoning section is basically a bunch of shapes and patterns that you have to figure out and then complete a set or figure out what shapen will occur next. Overall, this RT tests how you manage time more than anything, you only get 65 minutes and that's barely enough to finish 35 out of the 40 questions that are in the test.

The final stage of the hiring process is the interview. I was lucky enough to get invited two days after the RT back to the HQ to do my interviews. I got 3 interviews in a row and the interviews lasted 2 and a half hours in total. Of course, they ask the most obvious questions first about why P&G, why not seek a career in academia, and all the basic questions. Then they ask a set of behavioural questions to find out what you're made of. They ask you to give situations where you ahd to do "so and so".

Answer in the CAR method: Context of the situation and the challenge you faced, Action you took to solve the problem, Results of your action and the overall outcome.

Be careful, you should not lie about these situations. The reason why you should not lie is because some questions may be introductions to other questions. If you lie about coaching a team of 7 in troubleshooting parachute problems, you better have an answer to what techniques you used when you had trouble opening your parachute at 1000 ft above the ground. So your best bet is to mention situations that have actually occurred in your life; these could be from school, university, work, life, anything really. Just sit a day or two before the interview in a quiet area, and try to jot down a number of situations where you think you displayed some powers of leadership, networking, quick decision making, being a team player....etc.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult decision you ever had to make?
      Tell me about a time when you had to energize a team to do a specific task?
      Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team member? How was this conflict resolved?
      Tell me about a time when you had to adapt to a certain situation?
      Tell me about a time when you coached a team or taught someone something that impacted their life?

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Bucharest (Romania)) in February 2013.

Interview

There are quite a few steps in an interview process at P&G:
    - an online test that will ask for certain competencies that the company values (leadership, influencing skills, determination, analysis etc)
    - a reasoning and numeracy test taken on site
    - 3 interviews with 3 different managers (they might ask the same questions because they don't know what each other has asked)

All the interviews are designed around competency based questions. You will be asked to describe situations and events when you've dealt with a specific problem, what was the context, what did you do, and what was the outcome. The key thing here is to speak about "you", not about "we". If you were part of a team that did something great, use your experience.

Each step will only happen if the previous step has been successfully completed by the candidate.
    After the 3rd interview, if you get the call, the next meeting is to discuss the offer.

Interview Questions

• To describe a situation that highlights my leadership skills.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Warsaw (Poland)) in June 2014.

Interview

Very long Interview Process; long time waiting to company's answer. Starting from test in company and then job interview. I marked this interview not so proffesional ( for example: person who reviewed, types of question)

Interview Questions

• What kind of problematic situation have you got in your life? How you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)).

Interview

Basically all interviews were behavioral. Though it may vary in some cases, sometimes the interviewer is more inclined towards judging a candidate technically so there is a a good chance of getting one technical interview.

The interviews are pretty long (1hour) so it would be wise to take a long sleep before interviewing and going in fresh.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi Lines (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Karāchi Lines (Pakistan)) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview Process was lengthy. Assessment Test was followed by a IQ test. After clearing the 2 tests, the interview process starts. It comprises of 3 Interviews with the first being the screening one. All are one on one

Interview Questions

• Q Descirbe yourself
      Where do you see yourself in 10 years
      A Situation where you tackled a problem
      A Situation where you showed your leadership skills
      Have you ever had a conflict with a boss or professor? How was it resolved?
      What is your greatest weakness?
      Give an example of a complex problem that you have had to solve. What happened? What was the result?

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2015.

Interview

The first step was the online Application, including your cv and cover letter. After which an Online assessment is required. If all goes well you will be asked to come in to do a Reasoning test. If you pass the reasoning test, you will be contacted for an initial interview, and if that goes well, for a final interview before you are given a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you successfully led a team in the past.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in June 2014.

Interview

First had to do online psychometric tests, these were very basic. Next there was a comprehension, numeracy and logic test at their offices - the only challenging part is the time, you have to work very quickly. Then two behavioral interviews - the first one is short and with one person. The second one is quite long and with three people.

Interview Questions

• All questions were of the form "give an example when..."
      Eg. When you were given a large amount of data with a short deadline, when you were a leader etc

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Rome (Italy)) in November 2012.

Interview

The first part was all computer based. Once I passed the curriculum review, I had to take an attitudinal, psycological multiple choice test and then a mathematical-logical test. Afterwards, a ripetition of the mathematical-logical test onsite, plus business cases (written). Finally, three interview with three different people, 50 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Question about thesis, projects and "Where do you see yourself in x years" stuff   Answer Question