Procter & Gamble Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

3.3

210 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Iowa City, IA).

Interview

Applied online through the P&G website and University Recruiting. Completed the pre-screening questionnaire. Was preselected for a recruitment dinner prior to the career fair and spoke with current employees. Spoke to them at the career fair the following day briefly. Attended an on-campus interview and selected for second round on-site interview. Stayed in Iowa City and went to dinner with newer employees the night prior. Went to breakfast with my on-campus interviewer. The following day, I took the IQ exam and went through two 1 on 1 interviews, a plant tour, Q&A sessions, and final interview to wrap up the day and deliver the results. Very efficient process and people were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Math questions, reading comprehension questions, IQ test, previous experience questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

Once you send in your resume and cover letter, a recruiter will contact you and give you documents to study. They have a lengthy interview process and want you to learn their specific 3-step method to answering questions where you talk about Context, Action then Result. Just memorize 10 or so personal experience scenarios and rehearse explaining them as CAR then adapt them to all the questions. I think professional, if somewhat predictable, and well-rehearsed answers are what they are looking for so don't get too creative.

Interview Questions

• Their questions are really not very unexpected. They actually give you a full list of questions, but if you have CAR down it adapts to everything. Although you should also take time to learn about the company as there will be some trivia on that.   Answer Question

Better offer elsewhere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I took the IQ test and had a 2:1 interview in the same day. Make sure to have a lot of leadership..Get a good night rest before the interview and eat a healthy breakfast because you are going to need the brain power :-)

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had limited resources to solve a problem? They asked this question twice in a different format.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process was halted by some unspecified issue in a preliminary "test".

Interview Questions

• The test portion was unclear and prevented an interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Gainesville, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Recruited from a college Career Showcase. Was called for a face to face interview the next day. From there I was put into a candidate pool consisting of students from across the country.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time when you made a decision as a leader and it failed completely.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in September 2013.

Interview

Initially talked to a representative at a career fair. I was contacted by an alumni and I scheduled an on-site interview with her. We mainly talked about the positions and I was told to apply to specific positions online and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• We talked mostly about the interviewer's experience at P&G.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

All P&G career applications involve a personality test, reasoning test (structured somewhat like a very short IQ test which you can't really prepare for), and interviews. I first applied to the FACT program, which is a week long P&G "boot camp" with the finance, accounting, and tax department, where prospective interns familiarize themselves with different lines, the company as a whole, and life in Cincinnati. You are also given the opportunity to network with new hires, current interns, and upper management, including the CFO. On the last day, you are given another reasoning test (to make sure you didn't cheat on your FACT application), and back to back interviews. Before your interview you will receive plenty of guidance from P&G employees, who will give you tips and cheer you on as you approach your interview date.

The interviews themselves are generally very casual and friendly, although it really depends on the interviewer, like any company. Interviews are completely behavioral, and interviewers are given a list of questions they could ask you. They take notes based on attributes that they are testing you for: "Power of mind", "Power of people", and "Power of agility." Some are more conversational and try to make the interview as easy as possible for you, and others are the opposite. All interviewers expect you to answer questions in the "CAR" format, which stands for Context, Action, Result. This implies a brief explanation of your experience, what you personally have done to solve the problem, and what the result was. Examples can be drawn from school, previous employment experiences, volunteer opportunities, and even personal anecdotes.

Afterwards, it took about 2 weeks before they called me to give me an offer, which is contingent upon a successful hair follicle drug screen, background check, and medical examination. The process after the offer can take several months depending on human resources (I received and accepted my offer 2 months ago and still have not received details on the contingencies), but the full internship assignment complete with manager, role, and brand will be given several months before the start of the internship. You do get to preference a brand and role for your internship, but past interns say that your position is mostly dependent on business need, not your preference. P&G offers more flexibility with full time offers, though. Current employees will contact you and make themselves available after your offer acceptance if you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a pivotal moment in your life and how it has changed you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

P&G does not negotiate. Take it or leave it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

I got in touch with P&G through a career fair at my university. I had an interview on campus, then a phone interview, and finally, I was flown out to OH for an in-person panel interview. It was an interesting and challenging process, and I felt like a lot of their "paper" interview questions were extremely similar to one another. However, they were extremely thorough and their employees were very kind and understanding. One was not even thrilled about having to ask the repetitive questions. Usually they give you an answer (at least for internships) after your interview in OH, but in my case they had to wait a few days and deliberate. In the end, I got the job for the summer and it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What problems did you encounter while working with a group and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

The process is arduous. Multiple exams and interviews. They are looking for very specific things that you must articulate.

Interview Questions

• No surprise questions, purely behavioral based. However, they're looking for very specific answers and they should be in depth answers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation. They're pretty much take it or leave it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2013.

Interview

Met with recruiters at a national career fair. Spoke at length with one lady who took my resume and told me to apply online and return the next day. Was scheduled for an interview that same day. Interview was basic behavioral, a lot of questions exactly from this webpage which was cool. Interviewer was sort of uncaring/condescending and I do not know why.