Procter & Gamble R&D Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

3.4

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

R&D Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

I me a recruiter on campus and she directed me to the website. I applied online and passed the online Assessment. I had 2 interviews: the first one was on campus and the second one was on site at Gillette. Both interviews were behavioral and fairly straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at P&G
    Describe your work experiences
    Name a time you had to work on a team   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The first round was extremely casual and seemed to be a gauge to see if you would fit into the work environment. After that it became much more professional and not nearly as friendly. They were AWFUL at getting back to me if i had made it to the next step or not.

R&D Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in September 2016.

Interview

First I passed a logic assessment and a personality assessment online. Then I had on on campus interview where they asked 50 minutes of behavioral questions and allowed 10 minutes for my questions. Then I was invited for a day visit in Cincinnati. At the day visit I took another logic assessment on paper. I was also interviewed by two more people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement in a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after applying early, she showed a lot of interest. Interviewed in person on campus for initial interview and took a test on campus as well. Currently waiting on final interview results, as will be flying up soon.

R&D Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

I first heard about the opportunity through recruiters at my college. I became extremely interested in the position, so I applied online that night. The online application had a success drivers assessment to see how I acted in the workplace, and also a reasoning test to see if I was able to think in a way in which I would be successful at the company. About 2 days later, I received an email saying that I passed the two tests and that they would like to move forward with the interview process. I signed up for an interview time that was one week later and on campus.
    The first interview was very laid back with two people from P&G who were campus recruiters. The interview was much like a conversation, where they were just trying to get a look into my mind. They asked me a ton of behavioral based questions, and always wanted me to expand on my initial answers. I prepared a TON for this interview, so I would recommend doing the same. Also, have a bunch of questions ready to ask them. This interview lasted about an hour, and they told me I would her back shortly.
    The next morning, I heard back and they told me that they would fly me to Cincinnati for my second and final interview. I flew out to Cincinnati about 3 weeks after my initial interview. When I got there, I had a "day host" who showed me around the city, took me out to a nice restaurant, answered all of the questions I had about the internship, and calmed my nerves for my interview the next day.
    My day host picked me up from the hotel the next morning and brought me to P&G's office, where all of the students interviewing that day would eat breakfast together. We then took another reasoning test, but this time on paper. The test was pretty long and more difficult than the one online.
    After the test, each student was placed with their own panel of 3 people higher up in the company to interview with. This interview was very similar to the initial interview, being mostly behavioral based questions. Some of the questions were hard and made you really think, but if you prepare enough you should be fine. Everyone in my panel was super laid back and tried to make me feel as comfortable as possible, which really helped calm my nerves and interview to the best of my ability. This interview was about an hour and 15 minutes.
    After the interview, we got a tour of the labs and were able to talk to previous interns about their projects that they worked on as interns and the projects that they were working on at the time as full-time employees. That was a cool experience because we really got an inside look at the company.
    I was made an informal offer that same afternoon, and then I accepted my offer about a week later through email. The process was smooth and painless.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like machines, and tell me about a time when you showed you were fascinated with machines.   Answer Question

R&D Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2013.

Interview

Talked to thm at career fair and had to take iq test. Was invited for on campus interview but never made it to on site interview. IQ test was rather challenging and involved many different shapes. Overall a very structured process but very difficult to get an on site interview because of the sheer number of applicants.

R&D Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2008.

Interview

I get to the process of phone interview. The next day, they ask me to go to Cicinati, OH. It is a nice place. I like that. Since I am the first time to be interviewed, I did not do very well at all. And, finally, I rank the 5 but did not get the job.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Prague (Czech Republic)) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview went nicely. Everyone was pretty friendly. There were two hour-long 1:1 interviews held by WebEx. The interviewers were asking common questions (tell me about a time you led a group etc..). The overall tone of the dialogue was extremely polite. They were writing down everything I said in order to process it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when was the last time you had to solve a problem   Answer Question

R&D Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, did some online tests and then had an interview morning at a location in Cambridge. I had two interviews, one with a senior R&D manager and one with someone from HR. We went through my CV in great detail, and I was asked many 'Tell me about a time when.........' type of questions. The interviewers were very friendly, but it was a difficult process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone who was initially opposing your point of view.   Answer Question

R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2015.

Interview

Technical Interview. The section manager asked me about the projects that I did during my undergraduate studies. She wanted to know about the objectives of the project, the challenges encountered, and the technical solutions I provided to tackle the problems. The whole process was rather intense. The interviewer was friendly though.