Procter & Gamble R&D Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Procter & Gamble R&D Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2016

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Probably the worst hiring experience I've ever gone through. I submitted my application in September, and they finally looked at my resume in May, in which they acted surprised they had not sought me out sooner (clearly do not have the recruiting in order). Regardless, I had a phone interview in late May and was strung along until the end of July where they finally decided to give me an on site interview. During the on site, I was treated like a piece of meat, and it was very rushed. I spent less than 24 hours in Boston because of how they wanted me to fly. Weeks later they gave me an offer that was so laughably low that I had to say no, especially for Boston.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were considered the subject matter expert when it came to a certain topic.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Boston, MA).

Interview

first you Apply online, and take a few tests online. Then you do a Phone interview, then an all day interview in person. Both 1:1 and group. With testing at the beginning of the day. In early, lunch and done by mid afternoon. interviewed with many different people throughout the company. met with other recent hires as well.

Interview Questions

• Explain one time you lead a team to a success   1 Answer

R&D Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was very long, but everyone that I encountered was super friendly! Basic Behavioral questions for both a first round phone interview and a second round site visit interview. There were also 2 tests, 1 about your work style and 1 that is a pretty difficult shapes/patterns reasoning test. Another, longer reasoning test with math, logic, and shapes was given to me during my site visit

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your technical projects
      Describe a time you had to work under pressure
      Describe a time you had to learn a new skill in order to solve a problem
      Tell me about a time you had to change your work style to fit a new situation
      When did something not go as planned and how did you handle it?
      Tell me about a time you had free reign on a project and what did you do?
      Tell me about a time you were considered an expert
      Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult group member
      Tell me about a time you applied a skill from one aspect of your life to a different purpose in your life.
      Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

I did the behavioral portion and the reasoning screening about 5 days ago. I am waiting to hear back from someone with a rejection or a chance to continue to the next step.

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

Interview

Typical P&G interview process. It was first round interview which was behavior interview. However, the interview questions that I was asked were really intense compared to the other company's interview questions. I was asked 9 questions which were a lot to answer in 45 - 60 minutes interview time. A lot of them were really difficult because the the behavior questions were covering lots of different types. Furthermore, the questions were pretty specific and required me to deliver the results or accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• 'Tell the time that I motivated some others and made them to achieve something'.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied for the R&D Engineer position at a university recruiting event. The online application involved two reasoning tests. Some questions can get tricky. Then, I got contacted for an on campus interview, which ran for about 45 minutes. Mostly behavioral questions, nothing unexpected. The interviewee was very friendly and kind!

Interview Questions

• How did you apply the knowledge you acquired in one field to a different field?   Answer Question

Engineering R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I went to my school's major specific career fair in the fall as a first year, where there was a booth with 2 recruiters from P&G. I knew I wanted to work there so I went to both recruiters to talk to them. I applied online including the generic resume questions, as well as two online personality/reasoning tests., and then within a week I had an over the phone basic interview, where it was only conversational and no technical questions. There was a follow up interview about 2 months later, where there were 9 behavioral questions. After that, in early December, I went on-site to interview at the location that I was to work at. I had a personality quiz and basic reasoning test on site. There I was asked more behavioral questions, as well as questions to assess my knowledge of basic technical understanding (general science and conducting experiments, not about the brand or the company).

Interview Questions

• Name a time there was a conflict that you had to resolve?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is a mult-staged process. The first stage is an online assessement, then there is an interview via phone, and the final stage is a day visit at one of the locations. Although the process was long, it is worth it. One of the best interviews I have had and the interactions with the current employees during the day visit made the process worth it. You really get to experience the 'soul' of the company and sense of community among the employees. You will need to answer honestly and come prepared with questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were expected; there are not interested in the "gotcha" type of question. I recall the question about your greatest strength and greatest weakness.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Interview

online tests + 2 round interviews

Interview Questions

• Nothing is technical, most of the questions are about the behavioral test.   1 Answer

R&D Engineer Interview

Interview

I went to my campus career fair and in a few weeks (after passing their interview screening test online which is similar to an IQ test) was contacted for an on-campus interview. Just asked the typical behavioral interview question: Tell us about when you lead a team, tell us about when you had to resolve a conflict with an individual, what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc. After that, I was offered an on-site and again, went through more behavioral interview questions with two different interview sessions (both with multiple interviewers present).

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't recall any particularly difficult or unexpected questions asked during the entire process. Just be sure you can follow the C-A-R model of answering interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little room, if any, for negotiating because it was an internship position at a specific business unit. I think you were able to decide what sub-group of R&D you could work in.