Procter & Gamble Branding Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

3.5

193 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Very competitive, make sure you know your examples perfectly in the CAR format. They will write down for each section as you interview.
    1. Apply Online
    2. Pass Online Screening Tests (2)
    3. Phone/ In person Interview
    4. In person Interview and in person test
    5. Final Panel Interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you faced a challenge in the workplace and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Apply online at PG careers with the ABM code, online assessment, and 2 interviews. The first interview was on the phone. The second was in person with two people. At the second interview, I had to take a second assessment, which was timed. Both interviews were similar in style. They each lasted about 45-60 minutes with room for questions at the end.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The process started with an exam at their offices. I was invited to an interview 2 weeks later. The first interview was with two brand managers, one of them being an observer. The initial interview was hard and elective. The second one was conducted to check my english (not my mother tongue), I believe because it wasn't that hard compared to the first one. The final interview was extremely tough since I was being interview by a director and a brand manager. I was under the impression that I wasn't being interviewed but interrogated. I felt very uneasy since I felt they actually didn't believe my answers. This is one of their tactics actually, they want to make you uneasy. They also may try to distract you by looking at their phones, the ceiling or they may even sleep! Do not get distracted by these because all of them are intentional! This method is very old and uneffective in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you lead people and solved a problem.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle too many workload?   Answer Question
    • How do you convince people regarding a change that you might want to implement to an existing and inefficient system in the company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2015.

Interview

I went through a multi-step process. First I had to submit my resume and information online. Then I had to pass an online "personality test" that assessed what kind of leader and team worker I am. Next I had to take a brief online "reasoning test", somewhat similar to an IQ test.
    After I passed both, I took a longer reasoning test in person. I later learned that your scores on all of these assessments are significant to your evaluation as an applicant.

The following day I had an hour-long panel interview with three active P&G employees. There was a series of behavioral questions, mostly phrased as "Tell me about a time when..."They requested that I respond using the "CAR method" meaning Context, Action, Result. For most of my answers, they had follow up questions specifically regarding my experience. For this position, they were especially interested my analytical and leadership skills - digging for very detailed answers.

This was my only interview; I waited a month and then received an offer. Some of my peers conducted this interview over Skype, others had follow-up interviews in Cincinnati.

MBA Brand Management Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

The interview was a follow up discussion at a career fair after initially talking with them about my interest in their MBA internship program. I was directed to a second interviewing P&G employee to have a longer discussion

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into Brand Management?   Answer Question
    • Hypothetical situation: Tide is in danger of losing shelf space at a major distributing store. How would you assess the problem and what would you suggest to do?   Answer Question

Brand Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

All behavioral questions. Was required to take multiple aptitude tests before I was allowed to network or interview with anyone within the company. Tests included one online and another in person. Each testing session included multiple tests. Interviewer was someone who I had never seen on campus previously. Very general behavioral questions, only one technical. Was not selected for the next round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

It was pretty much as other people have described. The questions all need to be answered in the context, action, results format. They were grouped around the three success drivers of P&G, with three questions for each section. I came into the Cincinnati office for the interview, and interviewed with two people currently in marketing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used your expertise to solve a problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Online leadership personality profile & quantitative reasoning assessment. If you pass, you're invited to interview on campus. Interview questions are all behavioral...tell me about a time. The if invited for a final round you are flown to HQ in Cincinnati Ohio where you meet with a few people to interview. They all need to rate you at a certain level for you to be approved for hire.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't have a ton of data or information but needed to make a decision.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you did not agree with a colleague - how did you resolve?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation because I was just coming out of college and had minimal experience.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a group of four people. They asked behavioral questions and had follow-up questions for some of my responses. I also had to take a timed reasoning test on-site. Overall, the experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with adversity and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Entire process took about a month - includes 2 one-hour behavioral based interviews (use CAR format responses - context, action, result) and then two technical aptitdude testing exams. One online, one paper form. First round was a phone interview, one on two, they asked about 7 questions in total with many follow up questions to initial response. Second round was also a one on two, I couldn't make it to their office so it was video conferencing. Style was identical to the first round but with more senior people

Interview Questions

• Pretty straightforward - name an instance when you had difficulty working with a team member, how did you deal with it? Name an instance when you had to pull data from multiple source to drive a decision.   Answer Question

Salary was below expectations