Procter & Gamble CMK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

CMK Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

After applying online if you pass their computer screeneng you inmediately get an email so that you fill a basic intelligence test, very easy. Then if you pass that you get called for a phone screening asking basic questions, then you get invited to do a written test with a group of candidates, this test is very hard and you must prepare. They give you a study guide but in the end it is much harder. Then if you pass you get to your first real interview, with a future collegue, mostlye behavioral questions, very hard because of the many followup questions . if you pass that then you get to a panel interview with esperienced managers, the questions are harder and with greater detail, sometimes asking you how you would deal with hypothetical situations. If you pass that then all you wait and wait until they make a decision and hopefully make you an offer. the process is very long and very tedious,

Interview Questions

• What is a project in which you had trouble convincing people to approve.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online through mass application from P&G website. First round was behavioral exam, the next steps were a couple of logic screens. This was followed by a first round phone interview with a member at headquarters. Was then invited to take a second round logic test at testing center. Following test results, was granted a second (final) round video panel interview with two senior level members at the company. Everyone was very enjoyable and genuinely interested in learning about the interviewee. Can't wait to start!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to improve a process.   Answer Question

CMK Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews; first a phone interview, then a panel interview in person or video conference. I took an online assessment prior to the first interview and a proctored assessment prior to the second interview.

I was initially excited when I received an email from P&G talent supply requesting my availability for a phone interview; although the process was pretty antiseptic. I was contacted with a form email from talent supply for each interview step; no personalization or phone contact. During both interviews and for my proctored test, I was asked which recruiter I was "working with". I didn't really feel as if I was "working with" anyone.

For my first interview, the interviewer was very good. She was professional, answered my questions, and spoke of the position and company with high regard. For my second interview, a video conference with two interviewers, I was unimpressed. Both interviewers stated how long they had been with the company and commented negatively (e.g., jokingly, "can't believe I'm still here"). One began yawning repeated half way through the interview, apparently disengaged (perhaps I was boring, but the behavior was telling enough for me). By this time I had formed my opinion and decided that I did not want the position. I sped through the second interview and thanked them for their time.

Interview Questions

• P&G are pretty transparent as far as the structure and interview questions asked. They will provide interview preparation materials.   Answer Question

CMK Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Recruited from college.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

CMK Internship Interview

Interview

The recruiters came to campus for on campus recruiting starting a few months before the interview. The recruiters accepted about 24 candidates for initial interviews. They conducted first round interviews on campus and then a phone interview for second rounds. Interview questions were all behavioral. Heard back with decision within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to convince people who had more power than you to change their position on a project.   Answer Question

CMK Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Application process involved an online application, two online assessments, one in person assessment and an initial interview. Interview involved around 5-6 behavioral questions. They decided to skip the introduce yourself section and went straight to the questions questions. Through the interview process I seemed to get the sense that they were looking more for someone to crunch data and find trend.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you used quantitate to predict a trend   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2012.

Interview

pretty much all behavioral questions, first round interviewers were much more free-flowing and openly positive, second round was tougher and the reviewers were more stoic/stone-faced/neutral in appearance during the interview, but ultimately they were still nice. Lots of probes and follow ups to questions.

CMK Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

The online test is the first step - simple and obvious how to answer. Then a phone interview with HR followed by someone ~ 6-15 years experience. P&G has a very specific and consistent interviewing process and anyone who interviews must participate in formal training before doing so. Next up - an in-person 'timed' test similar to the GMAT or GRE, in a room with someone supervising. From what I hear, many have failed this test and if one fails, it an automatic 'no'. However, when I interviewed they said 'since we have significant gaps right now, we will consider waiving the test for people who do well in all other regards'. The test usually happens on the same day as the panel interview. The panel inteview will be with 3 CMK managers - they are usually all band 3 or a mix of band 3 and 4. A 'band 3' Senior CMK manager at P&G usually has 6-10 years of experience. It's the level right before assoc. director. Expect a group of young, well trained, articulate and enthusiastic people. Very pleasant, very positivie about their P&G experience. All interviews follow the "CAR" approach (context, action, results). This is not a laid back conversation. It's Q&A and they are looking for specific examples following this method. Depending on who you get, it can feel very canned or conversational. The latter depends on the person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were able to secure someone’s agreement to an idea or proposal, despite their initial resistance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, P&G will not negotiate for the marketing or marketing research functions. This is unlike any other company you'll encounter. They are very committed to their promote-from-within philosophy. The majority of new hires are new-grad or post MBA.

CMK (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2009.

Interview

First there was a basic IQ test that was pretty straightforward as well as a personality screen. The interview itself was 45 minutes long with two individuals interviewing me. Questions were only about personal experiences and takeaways from those experiences. The interviewers were very friendly and kept the process relatively informal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to be a leader.   1 Answer

CMK Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Geneva (Switzerland)) in December 2016.

Interview

Hiring process as described in the website:
    1) online test: behavioral + few reasoning questions
    2) written reasoning test (45 question in 60 minutes)
    3) one interview (1hour)
    4) 2 interviews (1 hour each)

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you showed leadership
      Tell me a time when you improved a process
      Tell me a time when you had to deal with a lot of data
      Tell me a time you had to convince someone who was against your idea
      Tell me a time when you had to overcome an obstacle to reach a desired outcome   1 Answer