Procter & Gamble Marketing manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Procter & Gamble Marketing manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

3.4

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2015.

Interview

Behavior questions and conversational. The basically talks about who are they and ask you some basic information. The interview questions are pretty straight forward, prepare the basic 8 question of P&G will be very helpful.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process is structured and challenging. You will have to complete two assessments up front, one for management and the other for analytical reasoning. If your scores are indicative of future success, then you will have a phone interview.

Interviews at P&G are rigorous and if you do not spend considerable time in upfront preparation, you will likely not succeed. All questions are behavioral questions and you are asked to answer those questions using the C.A.R. (Context, Action and Result) method. This is where your upfront work comes in... you will want to spend considerable time thinking about how you can best market the work you have done and the results you have achieved. This is critical to your success in this step.

If you make it past the phone interview, which lasts around an hour, you will then be asked to take a proctored reasoning assessment. I would suggest completing the practice exam that P&G provides for this to help you understand the types of questions that will be asked of you. You will find this assessment to be GRE/GMAT like in format and complexity. You will have 60 minutes to complete 40 questions from three different sections.

If your reasoning assessment scores come back positive, you will then be asked for an in-person or video conference panel interview. The structure of this interview is the same as the phone interview; however, the questions are more in depth. In this phase, continue your upfront work you did for the phone interview and expand upon it.

After the panel interview, you will be contacted shortly thereafter if an offer is being prepared for you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem with limited resources available to you.   Answer Question

Interview

Applied through campus recruiter who I met at a career fair and online. Recruiter called to prep me for the assessment and personality tests. Somewhat difficult personality questions asking you what you would do in certain situations. In real life I would have done 2-3 of the given options, making it hard to choose between the answers.

Interview Questions

• If you made a mistake, would you a) apologize b) fix the mistake c) acknowledge your mistake d) e)   Answer Question

Interview

Need to have lots of real-life examples of problems solved, issues overcome, results achieved. They like to have answers in the CAR format - Context, Action, Results, with the most focus on your personal actions and the results

Consumer & Market Knowledge Manager Interview

Interview

Interviewed on campus at college/university. The interview was mostly behavioral, nothing technical or too tricky. Interviewed in Cincinnati after that, again mostly behavioral with a few questions about marketing or brain teasers. Pretty straight forward interviewing stuff to be honest. Nothing to throw you off.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Behavioral interview. Questions are generally, "Tell me about a time when you..." No trick questions. They just want to understand your experiences and how you have handled situations in the past. Leadership is very important.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

be ready for lots of back to back behavioral questions on teamwork, leadership, problem solving and such basics, need to have your examples ready, also some case and pressure test to see how you react

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview process is long and difficult. Several behavioral based interviews combined with two tests to measure culture fit and reasoning. The interview questions are fairly standard and follow the format "Tell me about a time when.....". The tests are the most difficult part. There is little you can do to prepare, so just be save yourself enough time to get through them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2012.

Interview

Mock Interview with P&G employee: Walk through Resume and then ask me " Tell me a time when..." questions. Lots of Follow-up questions, which are almost equal to another independent questions. 30 mins. As long as you have enough experience, it should be easy. Otherwise, no way to make up answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you need to change your work style.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2012.

Interview

Applied through Alum Career Connector. Scheduled an on campus interview. Interview was behavioral and also focused on company culture. The recruiter was very nice but lacking genuine interest in the conversation. By the end of the interview, I felt like I was not going to fit in well with other employees. One month after the interview, I received a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince people to change their mind.   Answer Question