Procter & Gamble Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Postdoctoral Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

My interview was fair and balanced. The 8-hour interview day begins with a 45-60 min research presentation followed by a series of technical discussions. Later, there is a personality assessment to determine how well one might 'fit' in the company. Lastly you speak with top researchers to review your day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were unable to make deadline and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, completed a questionnaire including personality assessment and reasoning test. Then I got a personality assessment phone interview. Then I got invited to an on-site test which still was a reasoning questionaire and I couldn't finish the test on time.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2016.

Interview

WebEx interview. The interviewer was a little bit inpatient. He was late for 5 minutes. H went through my resume with me, and asked detailed information of my projects. Asked about my leadership experience.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

online assessment consisting of behavioural questions followed by a reasoning test, Screening interview (1:1) on the phone, Day visit starting with a paper pencil test , 3 interviews with various managers, 2 project discussions, 1 presentation

Interview Questions

• behavioral, project related   1 Answer

Negotiation

did not negotiate

R&D Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The process focuses too much on what school you attended and "leadership" as though everyone aspires to be CEO. The screening questionnaire is designed not to assess people and give them a reasonable opportunity to show their value, but as "gotcha" questions with certain key words or phrases desired as answers.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a situation where you took leadership and solved a problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one, but I learned that before I interviewed, they had already offered the job to someone else. That person declined their offer, so I was then offered.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

Interview during recruiter campus visit, several phone interviews (about 2), interviews at the site in November

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you expertise or in-depth knowledge of a specific subject area enabled you to take charge and solve a problem, and what were the results?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

There was an initial campus interview which was a one on one. Then I went to the website to look for positions which I applied for. Then I had a phone interview with two people on the phone. Then I was invited out for an onsite interview. There was a 1hr presentation on my research work and then most of the most of the Questions were about individual contributions to projects and leadership skills.

R&D Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2010.

Interview

Heard from them through an info session at my college. Applied online and took both tests. I was contacted by them the next day and was asked to be interviewed the following day. Interview lasted an hour.

Interview Questions

• basic questions like tell me about yourself, a time when you taught somebody something, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiting person that directed me to a online test that consisted of behavioral question regarding to leadership, creativity, etc. Next day I was contacted by a senior scientist of the division who interviewed me by phone. The phone interview lasted about 1 hour and 30 minutes. First part of the interview I was asked about my research, than all behavioral questions like "tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a colleague".
    The next phase I was invited for a onsite interview.
    I had a dinner the night before the day visit.
    I gave a seminar to about 15 people about my research. I was interviewed by many scientists and also had some project discussions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when, if you had been more flexible, things would have worked out better.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have different opinions from someone how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate, the offer was very good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

Gave phone interview to scientist applicant. Asked standard battery of questions regarding skills for the Scientist role (e.g. specific to microscopy - so what type of experience the person had - # years, types of instruments, what they used the most etc.). Asked what they look for in an ideal job - i.e. Do they expect to work in a lab most of the time, some of the time (what %), how much they like to manage projects, do basic research, write up reports/results. etc.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing, I did not ask about you, but I should have asked about you? (Asked at end of interview).   1 Answer