Procter & Gamble Consumer & Market Knowledge Associate Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Consumer & Market Knowledge Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2010.

Interview

The interview process at Procter & Gamble is as follows:

First Round Interview
Second Round Interview

First Round Interview

This will be with one Senior Manager and will last 45 minutes - 1 hour. The interview will be entirely based around personal skills which Procter & Gamble define as "Success Drivers" (see Procter & Gamble application process). A section of the interview is likely to be competency based, but even these interview questions will be measured against the company's "Success Drivers". You should expect around 5 - 7 competency questions in your first interview.

During your interview it is unlikely you will be asked what you think of Procter & Gamble as a company, or why you have applied for a specific role or function, although you should of course prepare for these questions.
Questions previous candidates have been asked include:
Can you tell me a time when you've overcome a problem in a professional environment to reach success?
Tell me about a time you have successfully led a team in the past.
What skills do you think you can bring to Procter & Gamble?
What is your greatest achievement?
Tell me about a time when you had to make an important decision and how did it turn out?
Describe a situation in which you effectively developed a solution to a problem by combining different perspectives or approaches. (This is a favourite, was asked in both first and second interviews.)
Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict with a client, customer, or user.
Tell me about a time when you took a big risk, and how you mitigated it.
Tell us about a time when you worked with a team to tackle a problem.
Tell me about a time when you had to take the initiative to solve a problem.
Tell me about a time when you had to teach or training somebody, how you did it and how it turned out.
Tell me about a time when you influenced other people and why.
Tell me about a time when you had to adjust yourself.

Second Round Interview

If you have been successful at the first round, you will be invited to return for another interview, this time with two Senior Managers from the function of Procter & Gamble you have applied to.

This second round interview will consist of further competency based interview questions and more taxing questions, specifically about the function you have applied to and what you think you'll be doing as a graduate trainee.
Questions previous candidates have been asked include:
Can you tell me about a complex problem that you solved? Describe the process you utilized.
Tell me about a time when you had to make a split second decision.
Tell me about a time when you set a goal and weren’t able to meet or achieve it.
Give me an example of a time when you used your expertise to solve a problem.
Tell me about a time when you responded to constructive criticism.
Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way.
Tell me about a time when you had too many things to do and you were required to prioritize your tasks.
Describe a time when you were able to come up with a new idea that became the success of some activity or project.

Questions for the Interviewers

In each of your interviews, you will be given around 15 minutes to ask questions about P&G. Make sure you do your research and read as much as you can about the Company. Ask intelligent questions that demonstrate your passion to work for P&G and your willingness to learn more about the Company. Know the Company's Purpose, Values, and Principles (PVP), and some of their billion-dollar brands.

Interview Questions

• I had to resolve two surprises cases about the area that i was applying for.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview process is long and difficult. Several behavioral based interviews combined with two tests to measure culture fit and reasoning. The interview questions are fairly standard and follow the format "Tell me about a time when.....". The tests are the most difficult part. There is little you can do to prepare, so just be save yourself enough time to get through them.

Consumer & Market Knowledge Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

After submitting my CV and completing the test on the site I was invited to write a test in P&G office. After I passed the test, I was invited for the interview with CMK manager. I had questions regarding my key competencies and cases that show these competencies, general logical questions which were intended to see how I can solve problems and I also had questions about recommendations of my academic thesis.

Interview Questions

• What were your recommendations of the thesis and how they can be applied in a business environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate the salary, it's basic for all employees at the entrance level

Consumer & Market Knowledge Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2009.

Interview

1 Math and English test (Similar to GMAT / SATs but at a smaller scale)

1 written test requiring the candidate to describe scenarios where leadership was needed

3 rounds of face to face interviews with senior management from the function that the candidate has applied for

Interview Questions

• How do you be a "leader" when you are not in the position / function that makes decisions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hardly any.

Consumer & Market Knowledge Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cairo (Egypt)) in April 2011.

Interview

It is LONG!
    For any given position, you go through two interviews, one with an HR Manager and another with the direct manager who you will be reporting to, if you get the job. Halfway through the interviewing process, they might, as in my case, decide they want to admit you to another position where they see you might fit in more. If that is the case, you go through another pair of interviews. So all in all, there was the first online test, the reasoning test, 4 interviews (for 2 different departments) and, if you pass all that, you get a final interview with the HR regional manager. They might give you the job offer in that last interview or they might as you to come back in another day if all goes well.

Interview Questions

• With your understanding of your country and its people, if you were to guess what two perfect strangers were talking about this morning at the bus stop, what would it be?   2 Answers
    • What gender, age group, culture or "kind of people" can you not work in partnership with or do you have trouble teaming up with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. I took the interview on campus. They had an information session the day before the interviews. Interview itself took around an hour and I was talking to two people. Most of the questions were behavioral, and they seemed very nice and were polite. 2 weeks after the interview I was given a call back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a sudden change to adapt to a new situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

I heard about the opportunity through an information session at my school. I applied online and got the first round interview. This included an interview orientation night with all of the people who made the first cut. My actual interview was with two people at P&G and me. Every question was "tell me about a time when..." and they wrote furiously during the interview. They literally wrote out C, A, R for every question- make sure you prepare answers using the context, action, and result. I thought the interview was difficult because many of the questions were not standard, like "What are your strengths and weakness", etc... It is really important to focus on the success drivers that are stated in the particular job description at P&G. Their culture is focused a lot on balancing teamwork and leadership.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you introduced a modern way of thinking about something   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you didn’t see eye to eye with someone   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you led a team towards a common vision   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you taught yourself a skill   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2008.

Interview

Step 1. Online application and personality test.
    Step 2. Phone interview in CAR format (Context/Action/Result). It's all situational. Tell me about a time when you ________ and what happened. Be sure to quantify all of the results.
    Step 3. Panel interview in-person
    Step 4. Job offer. I received my offer the same day.
    Step 5. Rank the jobs in order.
    Step 6. Your job assignment and city arrive via e-mail. Salary does not change based on cost of living in the city you get placed in.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you led a diverse group and some of the challenges   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you took a risk and it didn't pay off. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salaries are non-negotiable.

Consumer & Market Knowledge Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2015.

Interview

Behavior questions and conversational. The basically talks about who are they and ask you some basic information. The interview questions are pretty straight forward, prepare the basic 8 question of P&G will be very helpful.

Consumer & Market Knowledge Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Nairobi (Kenya)) in February 2014.

Interview

I passed through 3 steps in the interview process. I applied on the company site.In about a month's time, I was invited for a reasoning test which was very challenging. Punctuality and practice is essential to pass these tests. My nerves got the best of me during these tests but fortunately I passed. A month later, I was invited for a Screening Interview with Brand Operations Leader and CMK Leader. The interview was structured with situation/experience based questions.
    The questions aimed to show situation where problem solving, leadership, creativity skills were applied by the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation where you were given an assignment you did not know how to do and how did you approach it?   Answer Question