Procter & Gamble R&D Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Procter & Gamble R&D Engineer Interview Questions

3.5

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2009.

Interview

It started with an online assessment of IQ, personality and background. Next, I received a phone call for an onsite assessment consisting of Reasoning, maths and IQ tests. After I was informed that I passed the tests, I was called for an 1:1 Interview with the department Manager. The interview consisted of numerous standard P&G's "Problem Context, What did you do, Results".

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to be more flexible than usual because of a change that was going on around you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Impossible to reject an excellent offer and opportunity to work for one of top 10 companies.

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Boston, MA).

Interview

first you Apply online, and take a few tests online. Then you do a Phone interview, then an all day interview in person. Both 1:1 and group. With testing at the beginning of the day. In early, lunch and done by mid afternoon. interviewed with many different people throughout the company. met with other recent hires as well.

Interview Questions

• Explain one time you lead a team to a success   1 Answer

Engineering R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I went to my school's major specific career fair in the fall as a first year, where there was a booth with 2 recruiters from P&G. I knew I wanted to work there so I went to both recruiters to talk to them. I applied online including the generic resume questions, as well as two online personality/reasoning tests., and then within a week I had an over the phone basic interview, where it was only conversational and no technical questions. There was a follow up interview about 2 months later, where there were 9 behavioral questions. After that, in early December, I went on-site to interview at the location that I was to work at. I had a personality quiz and basic reasoning test on site. There I was asked more behavioral questions, as well as questions to assess my knowledge of basic technical understanding (general science and conducting experiments, not about the brand or the company).

Interview Questions

• Name a time there was a conflict that you had to resolve?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Brussels (Belgium)) in October 2014.

Interview

- 2 online tests
    - 1 interview on the phone
    - 1 reasoning test on site
    - 1 interview on site
    --> invited for Masterclass weekend in Brussels
    - 2 more interviews on site for job application

All the above stages have been passed, waiting for an answer on the last stage.
    If this is positive, I'll enter the P&G talent pool and will be contacted for openings within engineering.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural and experience based questions
      P&G hires a person, NOT a degree
      Last interviews will be more indept about technical details and approaches on certain projects, but again with the focus on the person   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

Interview

Typical P&G interview process. It was first round interview which was behavior interview. However, the interview questions that I was asked were really intense compared to the other company's interview questions. I was asked 9 questions which were a lot to answer in 45 - 60 minutes interview time. A lot of them were really difficult because the the behavior questions were covering lots of different types. Furthermore, the questions were pretty specific and required me to deliver the results or accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• 'Tell the time that I motivated some others and made them to achieve something'.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews. The first was a typical interview with scenario-based questions that was performed over the phone. The second was on location. It involved more detailed questions, but similar ones to the first. The interviewer was a person who would be a colleague so it was important to make a good impression. The third round was more relaxed, mostly just hanging out with other employees and discussing the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a time when I may have let my emotions (read: anger) take over in a work environment.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2011.

Interview

The process consists of:
    - a first logical test (online)
    - a second logical/mathematical test ( written)
    - a final interview with managers from the functions you applied for

The tests are similar to IQ-tests for the logical part and simple mathematical tests for the other, and a sample of slightly lower difficulty can be found on the website.

As regards the interview, it is important for you to check the "success drivers" they focus on on the website and to stress them during the interview. Rather than being strictly technical, the interview deals more with those drivers and leadership abilities.

Interview Questions

• Could you describe a situation in which your "thinking out of the box" has made a new solution to a certain problem possible?   Answer Question
    • Could you describe a situation in which you proved your leadership abilities ?   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Brussels (Belgium)) in March 2012.

Interview

FIrst I sent my CV, motivation letter and so on. Then I had a phone interview after that there was a Reasoning test. Then I got a personal interview with one percon. She asked questions about my professional experience. I think it was really hard and you really have to be concrete on your answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Probably the worst hiring experience I've ever gone through. I submitted my application in September, and they finally looked at my resume in May, in which they acted surprised they had not sought me out sooner (clearly do not have the recruiting in order). Regardless, I had a phone interview in late May and was strung along until the end of July where they finally decided to give me an on site interview. During the on site, I was treated like a piece of meat, and it was very rushed. I spent less than 24 hours in Boston because of how they wanted me to fly. Weeks later they gave me an offer that was so laughably low that I had to say no, especially for Boston.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were considered the subject matter expert when it came to a certain topic.   1 Answer

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schwalbach am Taunus (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Schwalbach am Taunus (Germany)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online for an Intership, at the end they offered me a full time contract.
    The first step are the tests online then they called me for an interviews.
    In the next weekthey invite me for a job interview at the headquartier, here I repeated the math and logic test and in the afternoon three different interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell about past experience; the last time you asked help to someone; the last time you helped someone; make example when you....
      Questions on the Curriculum Vitae.   Answer Question