Procter & Gamble R&D Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Procter & Gamble R&D Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2016

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Probably the worst hiring experience I've ever gone through. I submitted my application in September, and they finally looked at my resume in May, in which they acted surprised they had not sought me out sooner (clearly do not have the recruiting in order). Regardless, I had a phone interview in late May and was strung along until the end of July where they finally decided to give me an on site interview. During the on site, I was treated like a piece of meat, and it was very rushed. I spent less than 24 hours in Boston because of how they wanted me to fly. Weeks later they gave me an offer that was so laughably low that I had to say no, especially for Boston.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were considered the subject matter expert when it came to a certain topic.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Boston, MA).

Interview

first you Apply online, and take a few tests online. Then you do a Phone interview, then an all day interview in person. Both 1:1 and group. With testing at the beginning of the day. In early, lunch and done by mid afternoon. interviewed with many different people throughout the company. met with other recent hires as well.

Interview Questions

• Explain one time you lead a team to a success   1 Answer

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schwalbach am Taunus (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Schwalbach am Taunus (Germany)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online for an Intership, at the end they offered me a full time contract.
    The first step are the tests online then they called me for an interviews.
    In the next weekthey invite me for a job interview at the headquartier, here I repeated the math and logic test and in the afternoon three different interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell about past experience; the last time you asked help to someone; the last time you helped someone; make example when you....
      Questions on the Curriculum Vitae.

R&D Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was very long, but everyone that I encountered was super friendly! Basic Behavioral questions for both a first round phone interview and a second round site visit interview. There were also 2 tests, 1 about your work style and 1 that is a pretty difficult shapes/patterns reasoning test. Another, longer reasoning test with math, logic, and shapes was given to me during my site visit

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your technical projects
      Describe a time you had to work under pressure
      Describe a time you had to learn a new skill in order to solve a problem
      Tell me about a time you had to change your work style to fit a new situation
      When did something not go as planned and how did you handle it?
      Tell me about a time you had free reign on a project and what did you do?
      Tell me about a time you were considered an expert
      Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult group member
      Tell me about a time you applied a skill from one aspect of your life to a different purpose in your life.

Engineering R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I went to my school's major specific career fair in the fall as a first year, where there was a booth with 2 recruiters from P&G. I knew I wanted to work there so I went to both recruiters to talk to them. I applied online including the generic resume questions, as well as two online personality/reasoning tests., and then within a week I had an over the phone basic interview, where it was only conversational and no technical questions. There was a follow up interview about 2 months later, where there were 9 behavioral questions. After that, in early December, I went on-site to interview at the location that I was to work at. I had a personality quiz and basic reasoning test on site. There I was asked more behavioral questions, as well as questions to assess my knowledge of basic technical understanding (general science and conducting experiments, not about the brand or the company).

Interview Questions

• Name a time there was a conflict that you had to resolve?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied in January 2015. Phone interview at the end of June 2015. Visit to their Campus mid July '15. 60 minutes written test & 3 interviews, one hour each. Very proving interview. Exciting prospectives for my master thesis.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation when you applied something learnt in a different context.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Brussels (Belgium)) in October 2014.

Interview

- 2 online tests
    - 1 interview on the phone
    - 1 reasoning test on site
    - 1 interview on site
    --> invited for Masterclass weekend in Brussels
    - 2 more interviews on site for job application

All the above stages have been passed, waiting for an answer on the last stage.
    If this is positive, I'll enter the P&G talent pool and will be contacted for openings within engineering.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural and experience based questions
      P&G hires a person, NOT a degree
      Last interviews will be more indept about technical details and approaches on certain projects, but again with the focus on the person

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

I did the behavioral portion and the reasoning screening about 5 days ago. I am waiting to hear back from someone with a rejection or a chance to continue to the next step.

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

Interview

Typical P&G interview process. It was first round interview which was behavior interview. However, the interview questions that I was asked were really intense compared to the other company's interview questions. I was asked 9 questions which were a lot to answer in 45 - 60 minutes interview time. A lot of them were really difficult because the the behavior questions were covering lots of different types. Furthermore, the questions were pretty specific and required me to deliver the results or accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• 'Tell the time that I motivated some others and made them to achieve something'.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)) in July 2011.

Interview

The hiring process has several steps, first you make the formal application, then you answer a behavioral test, then a pattern reasoning test. If you pass them, you go on site to do another reasoning test and the first interview. This is where I failed. I thought it went well, but just no offer...