Procter & Gamble Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

3.4

136 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview process is long and difficult. Several behavioral based interviews combined with two tests to measure culture fit and reasoning. The interview questions are fairly standard and follow the format "Tell me about a time when.....". The tests are the most difficult part. There is little you can do to prepare, so just be save yourself enough time to get through them.

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2013.

Interview

Application online with online assessment (not very difficult, some pattern recognition and logic questions)
    First round interview about one hour
    Asked to go to a testing center to take a test that lasted about an hour. Simple math problems, some word problems, and more pattern recognition problems.
    Second round interview talked to three different people. Repeated the same behavioral questions, but they all want you to answer in the same format: give the context, what was your contribution, and what was the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you convinced someone to do something.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

I went through the application process by global executive referral. The first interview was quite resume oriented. and you will be able to find their Procter and Gamble typical question anywhere on line. The second interview was more in depth. I was asked 3 questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2012.

Interview

Mock Interview with P&G employee: Walk through Resume and then ask me " Tell me a time when..." questions. Lots of Follow-up questions, which are almost equal to another independent questions. 30 mins. As long as you have enough experience, it should be easy. Otherwise, no way to make up answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you need to change your work style.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2012.

Interview

Applied through Alum Career Connector. Scheduled an on campus interview. Interview was behavioral and also focused on company culture. The recruiter was very nice but lacking genuine interest in the conversation. By the end of the interview, I felt like I was not going to fit in well with other employees. One month after the interview, I received a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince people to change their mind.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2011.

Interview

It was in a job fair. I had applied through the interenet cause they only accept internet applications and in the job fair after having done the 2 steps. Resume and Assesment & Skills test.. i was lightly interviewd by a recruiter. The people are very nice but they are very critical in what they are looking for. You have to be prepared. I am still in teh process, but what helped me was my knowledge of the company and the field.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2010.

Interview

After online assessments, there are panel interviews and an in-person assessment test is given. It's structured very much like the SATs and the GMATs where there is a quantitative and verbal section. Not difficult but it is timed, exactly like the GMATs.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were not difficult at all. They were more behavioral and asked you in the format of CAR what you have done in the past. Only challenge is that you'll be interviewed by a group of managers who will put pressure on you by asking question after question for more than an hour. It's all a matter of endurance by the time you get to the end of it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary was low but there was no negotiation involved.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

I heard about the opportunity through an information session at my school. I applied online and got the first round interview. This included an interview orientation night with all of the people who made the first cut. My actual interview was with two people at P&G and me. Every question was "tell me about a time when..." and they wrote furiously during the interview. They literally wrote out C, A, R for every question- make sure you prepare answers using the context, action, and result. I thought the interview was difficult because many of the questions were not standard, like "What are your strengths and weakness", etc... It is really important to focus on the success drivers that are stated in the particular job description at P&G. Their culture is focused a lot on balancing teamwork and leadership.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you introduced a modern way of thinking about something   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you didn’t see eye to eye with someone   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you led a team towards a common vision   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you taught yourself a skill   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. I took the interview on campus. They had an information session the day before the interviews. Interview itself took around an hour and I was talking to two people. Most of the questions were behavioral, and they seemed very nice and were polite. 2 weeks after the interview I was given a call back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a sudden change to adapt to a new situation?   Answer Question

MBA Marketing Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2009.

Interview

P&G is one of the toughest companies to get into--apparently it is easier to get into Harvard. I started the process at a large minority conference. The hardest part by far are the initial online cognitive screenings----one is kind of like a personality test and the other is definitely a part of an IQ test. If you don't pass the online IQ portion of the test, you will definitely not move on to the interview. Thankfully, I was given a heads up about this because most people assume the online test is not that big of a deal. You should definitely take it in a quiet place where you can have maximum focus with no interruptions. I did a 1:1 inteview at the conference and then was invited to a hospitality event where I got to meet top executives. I was told during the conference my next step would be a day visit where they fly me out to Cincinnati. Unfortunately, they were a bit too excited about my candidacy--as that step only occurs for full-time candidiates. Internship positions only get phone interviews. Nearly a month later, I had two phone interviews---panel style and 1:1 with the main recruiter. And FINALLY, after all of that, you are asking to confirm your original assessments by taking a pencil/paper test (folks have lovingly dubbed it the P&GMAT). It's more of the same cognitive IQ reasoning PLUS critical thinking and some math. This takes some time to get set up because they have to find a remote location that is also proctored (unless you live in Cincin). Sometimes they use their satelitte offices for this--so be prepared to drive. After finally passing that, I got an offer for the position. Immediately after offer you get info on drug test and extensive background check. Drug test is a hair test.

Interview Questions

• Typical Resume walk using the SAR/STAR method. All behavioral questions--no surprises.   Answer Question

This is a dream company for someone interested in Consumer Products/Brand Management. However, be prepared to move to Cincinnati as that is where their headquarters are and where most people start out. The summer program doesn't offer many perks--no corporate housing even though the vast majority of interns are out of state but they will pay to ship your car and things back and forth. You have to figure out housing on your own (and pay for it too) although they do provide some assistance with a website etc. At the end of the day, I couldn't make the committment to move just yet---especially not when I would have to pay two rents for the summer. This was the toughest decision I've ever made!