Procter & Gamble Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Procter & Gamble Marketing Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

3.4

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2012.

Interview

Applied through Alum Career Connector. Scheduled an on campus interview. Interview was behavioral and also focused on company culture. The recruiter was very nice but lacking genuine interest in the conversation. By the end of the interview, I felt like I was not going to fit in well with other employees. One month after the interview, I received a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince people to change their mind.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2011.

Interview

It was in a job fair. I had applied through the interenet cause they only accept internet applications and in the job fair after having done the 2 steps. Resume and Assesment & Skills test.. i was lightly interviewd by a recruiter. The people are very nice but they are very critical in what they are looking for. You have to be prepared. I am still in teh process, but what helped me was my knowledge of the company and the field.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2010.

Interview

After online assessments, there are panel interviews and an in-person assessment test is given. It's structured very much like the SATs and the GMATs where there is a quantitative and verbal section. Not difficult but it is timed, exactly like the GMATs.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were not difficult at all. They were more behavioral and asked you in the format of CAR what you have done in the past. Only challenge is that you'll be interviewed by a group of managers who will put pressure on you by asking question after question for more than an hour. It's all a matter of endurance by the time you get to the end of it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary was low but there was no negotiation involved.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

I heard about the opportunity through an information session at my school. I applied online and got the first round interview. This included an interview orientation night with all of the people who made the first cut. My actual interview was with two people at P&G and me. Every question was "tell me about a time when..." and they wrote furiously during the interview. They literally wrote out C, A, R for every question- make sure you prepare answers using the context, action, and result. I thought the interview was difficult because many of the questions were not standard, like "What are your strengths and weakness", etc... It is really important to focus on the success drivers that are stated in the particular job description at P&G. Their culture is focused a lot on balancing teamwork and leadership.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you introduced a modern way of thinking about something   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you didn’t see eye to eye with someone   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you led a team towards a common vision   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you taught yourself a skill   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. I took the interview on campus. They had an information session the day before the interviews. Interview itself took around an hour and I was talking to two people. Most of the questions were behavioral, and they seemed very nice and were polite. 2 weeks after the interview I was given a call back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a sudden change to adapt to a new situation?   Answer Question

MBA Marketing Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2009.

Interview

P&G is one of the toughest companies to get into--apparently it is easier to get into Harvard. I started the process at a large minority conference. The hardest part by far are the initial online cognitive screenings----one is kind of like a personality test and the other is definitely a part of an IQ test. If you don't pass the online IQ portion of the test, you will definitely not move on to the interview. Thankfully, I was given a heads up about this because most people assume the online test is not that big of a deal. You should definitely take it in a quiet place where you can have maximum focus with no interruptions. I did a 1:1 inteview at the conference and then was invited to a hospitality event where I got to meet top executives. I was told during the conference my next step would be a day visit where they fly me out to Cincinnati. Unfortunately, they were a bit too excited about my candidacy--as that step only occurs for full-time candidiates. Internship positions only get phone interviews. Nearly a month later, I had two phone interviews---panel style and 1:1 with the main recruiter. And FINALLY, after all of that, you are asking to confirm your original assessments by taking a pencil/paper test (folks have lovingly dubbed it the P&GMAT). It's more of the same cognitive IQ reasoning PLUS critical thinking and some math. This takes some time to get set up because they have to find a remote location that is also proctored (unless you live in Cincin). Sometimes they use their satelitte offices for this--so be prepared to drive. After finally passing that, I got an offer for the position. Immediately after offer you get info on drug test and extensive background check. Drug test is a hair test.

Interview Questions

• Typical Resume walk using the SAR/STAR method. All behavioral questions--no surprises.   Answer Question

This is a dream company for someone interested in Consumer Products/Brand Management. However, be prepared to move to Cincinnati as that is where their headquarters are and where most people start out. The summer program doesn't offer many perks--no corporate housing even though the vast majority of interns are out of state but they will pay to ship your car and things back and forth. You have to figure out housing on your own (and pay for it too) although they do provide some assistance with a website etc. At the end of the day, I couldn't make the committment to move just yet---especially not when I would have to pay two rents for the summer. This was the toughest decision I've ever made!

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2009.

Interview

My experience pertains to on campus recruiting for full time positions. I am unsure how useful this information will be for applicants other than undergrads and campus hires. I detail my experiences in chronological order of dealing with them.

1. Career Fair
    I did not interact with representatives from Procter & Gamble at our campus' career fair. It did not appear to make much of a difference.

2. Online Screening and Reasoning Test
    The online screening is exhaustive, and others here at glassdoor have detailed the experience accurately. The details of the online screening process are also detailed on the P&G website, and details are readily accessible by asking your campus recruiter(s).

If you are nervous about the online reasoning test, google the Procter & Gamble Reasoning test and you should be able to track down the practice test. They will send you this link AFTER you are invited to a second round interview, but it may come in handy to look it over before you take it online. Others may disagree, but I found the reasoning test fairly easy; I remember quit a few questions around percentage increases, decreases, discounts, and the like. You can't really study for the patterns portion. No worries if you do not finish on time. I didn't finish either the online portion or the second round interview one. Word is one only needs to score a 60%, so don't stress over this part.

3. First Round Interview (Two Interviewers, one hour and 15 minutes in length)
    After a resume screen and the online assessment, I was invited to a first round on campus interview. The interviews themselves are fairly long, but also straightforward. No assessment centers, group exervises, or trick questions. Chances are you will be asked questions you have heard in other interviews. You can find these questions with a simple google/bing search of "Interview questions". So don't worry about the questions, worry about your answers. They will be listening very closely.

The interviewers seem fairly interested in you as a person, and there was a lot of stress on resume content, personal history and internship experiences. My two interviewers and I spent the first 15 minutes talking about ourselves. My impression was it would have been impossible to be invited to a 2nd round without at least one great internship -- in fact, I have never been asked about my studies or for my transcript (the latter will be turned in on my first day of work). If you have a record of leadership, great experiences outside of school, and you can communicate clearly how you produced substantial results in these experiences, you're in good shape. Also be ready to comminucate how you deal with deadlines, teams, people you have had to deal with who did not agree with or get along with you, and stress your ability to get results.

4. 2nd Round Interview (Three interviewers, over two hours in length for interview; 50 Minute Reasoning Test, two meals, and two informational meetings with CMK members)
    After a week of anxious fretting, I was invited to the 2nd round interview in Cincinnati. This experience is a fun one, and, depending on your schedule, includes dinner, lunnch, and or breakfast. You'll be invited to a dinner the night before your interview date, and will do lunch or breakfast the next morning with a representative from your possible department. This all depends upon your schedule, and these two meetings before the actual interview will not affect whether or not you receive an offer. Within reason, of course, as I'm sure you could totally blow the whole thing if you reveal you're a steelers fan ;). Use the lunch, dinner, and/or breakfast meetings to find out more about the job, or the interview process itself. I was told I was not competing with anyone at this point, only myself.

The on-site proctored reasoning test was longer than the online portion, and I actually found it a bit more difficult than the online portion. Still nothing to be too worried about.

The on site and final interview was just like the first, save for a few differences. The three interviewers were, of course, different from those I interviewed with on campus, and there were three interviewers instead of 2. The questions were similar if not the same as those I were asked on campus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Negotiation

What others have said on glassdoor about P&G is true. There is no negotiating for these entry level positions. Salaries, bonus (there is none, but there is a handsome lump sum relocation package should you require it), days off, nothing is negotiable. Except start date. Even leveraging other, and higher offers did not get them to budge. The impression I got was that even if they didn't get you, they'd have dozens of other bright students to take your place.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2008.

Interview

Step 1. Online application and personality test.
    Step 2. Phone interview in CAR format (Context/Action/Result). It's all situational. Tell me about a time when you ________ and what happened. Be sure to quantify all of the results.
    Step 3. Panel interview in-person
    Step 4. Job offer. I received my offer the same day.
    Step 5. Rank the jobs in order.
    Step 6. Your job assignment and city arrive via e-mail. Salary does not change based on cost of living in the city you get placed in.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you led a diverse group and some of the challenges   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you took a risk and it didn't pay off. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salaries are non-negotiable.

Vice President Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2008.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews.

The first round was composed of a general interview process designed, apparently, to sort and screen a large volume of potential candidates in as short an amount of time as would be possible.

The second round was more detailed, with interviews that included meetings with potential senior, mid level as well as junior associates.

The final and last round was one on one with my direct superior in the position the I would be offered. There was time to get to know them as well as to ask questions regarding working conditions as well as future upward potential for the job at hand.

It was a well done process overall.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired by this company what is the best idea that you could come up with to increase sales within the next five years?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

There are three rounds of interview, all of which are fit questions. During the first round, questions related to the data sheet you handed in previously will be asked. During the second round, the questions are more deep and specific.