Procter & Gamble Interview Questions in Newcastle upon Tyne, England | Glassdoor

Procter & Gamble Interview Questions in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Updated Jan 10, 2017

3.4

Finance & Accounting Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial Online Application Process.
    Online Numerical, Verbal and Logical Reasoning Alongside Character Test
    Interview at Office - Involving retest of all tests and two one hour long back to back interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed
      A time when you have lead a team and supported others
      A time when you have helped someone in your team
      A time when you have created something
      Then hypothetical situational based questions
      Answer Question

Finance and Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)).

Interview

Outdated! After passing 2 tests through the computer at home was invited to an interview! I was asked when I was free for an interviww and they gave me an interview for a date I was not free, not a good start from their side so had to re-arrange!

Stated on confirmation I was required to do ANOTHER test follwed by interview! Fine!

Went to interview to have to complete a reasoning test first, for which they put the answers in a machine and tells you if you pass or fail! I failed, and was asked to vacate the premises! Along with, please re-apply as your CV is what we are looking for! I never even got an interview as they based a Machines common sense better than on their own common sense! They didnt get to know me, my capabilities or my goals in life, people perform in better areas than others, and I know what I do I am damn good at it!

It never once stated if I failed I would have to leave in the confirmation OR when I arrived, and if this was the case I would never have gone as to me I feel used unnecessarily and had my time wasted on 3 tests! I do not feel this role would have actually been good for me based on the way they conduct their 'interviews' and will not re-apply again to a company where I would just be classed as a number!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Online CV submission + 2 short online Tests
    1 hour phone and video interview
    On-site test which was harder than the first 2. Then in person interview after.
    Asked to have a final phone interview of 1 hour.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

First online reasoning test, that is really easy.
    Interview by phone asking more things about the resume. They ask about everything that you wrote, more about the roles of your past experiences.'some technical questions about what you used to work as well. They probably are trying to see if you are lying about something.
    It took two weeks I received the positive answerfor the next stage of the process
    Interview at the pg site

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to work with the subject of your last research project?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations because it was an internship

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)).

Interview

after doing the online test, got an invitation for a phone interview, and it took around one hour. all questions were about characters. it was really great experience.

Interview Questions

• please show me an example that you took the initiative to be a leader of a team.   Answer Question

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial application based heavily around P&G competencies (cant remember exact questions), also had to complete online tests (Numeracy and Verbal reasoning)- there is no point getting anyone to help with these as the next stage involves everyone coming into the offices to resit the tests again.
    If you are successful you come in to do a full day assessment day- this involves group exercise, 5min presentation (on anything you want) and an hour competency based interview.

Interview Questions

• Example of team working
      Example of when you have spotted an opportunity and made it happen......
      Answer Question

Information & Decision Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview - This is probably one of the harder phone interviews I have done because it was so extensive. Rather than lasting around 30 mins, I was told the interview would last an hour and it ended up running to around an hour and a half. Every question asked was followed by 5 or so follow up questions - it was extremely thorough. However the guy interviewing me was really friendly and seemed to really understand that it was a two way process and that I wanted to know that P&G was a good fit for me. I was asked about my biggest achievement, how i prioritise, great team working, bad team working, solving conflict, why i was keen about IDS, leadership leadership leadership!!

Assessment day - You sit a round of testing again (after being taken to lunch if you have an afternoon session) which isn't too difficult - the practice they give you is obviously extremely easy in comparison so do not use that as your benchmark.
    The interview itself was extremely different from what I was expecting. I was interviewed by P&G when I was trying to get an internship the year before and I had a 1:1 interview and a 2:1 interview. Both were clear and structured with specific questions from a booklet being asked. This time was different - I only had one 2:1 interview (perhaps because of the heavy snow during my visit) and it was more of a conversation for an hour. They had booklet with clear things they had to ask but they started off by just asking me to tell them about what i done in my previous summer internship and they then went on with followed up questions. This made the interview good and bad at the same time. It was more relaxing and I really felt like I was able to show my personality and chat to the itnerviewers. However it was difficult in that as I wasn't getting specific questions I did not know what they were looking for and therefore could tailor or slant my answers to fit. However they must have liked what I said!

I was asked about the activities on my CV (mostly university societies), my previous part time jobs, how I deal with change, how i implement changes, ask extensively about activites during my summer placement which had elements of time management, project management and lots on team work. I was not asked something I could easily identify as a leadership question but i know this is very important to them so i weaved it throughout my answers.

Surprisingly, in neither interview was I asked why P&G or why me. However both times I was given the opportunity to add anything I wanted to say so I used that to show my passion for the company and why I was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - just the format of the interview caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Product Supply Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

Initial testing and short competency interview at P&G plant (Reading). Three day assessment centre at Seaton plant near Newcastle. Got to learn more about the role, complete a number of team exercises and finished with a longer 1:1 competency based interview. Put up in a nice hotel and taken to dinner each evening by current employees and management.

Interview Questions

• Design and present solution to process issue on a real line in plant   Answer Question