Procter & Gamble Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Procter & Gamble Scientist Interview Questions

3.4

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

online assessment consisting of behavioural questions followed by a reasoning test, Screening interview (1:1) on the phone, Day visit starting with a paper pencil test , 3 interviews with various managers, 2 project discussions, 1 presentation

Interview Questions

• behavioral, project related   1 Answer

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

Interview during recruiter campus visit, several phone interviews (about 2), interviews at the site in November

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you expertise or in-depth knowledge of a specific subject area enabled you to take charge and solve a problem, and what were the results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiting person that directed me to a online test that consisted of behavioral question regarding to leadership, creativity, etc. Next day I was contacted by a senior scientist of the division who interviewed me by phone. The phone interview lasted about 1 hour and 30 minutes. First part of the interview I was asked about my research, than all behavioral questions like "tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a colleague".
    The next phase I was invited for a onsite interview.
    I had a dinner the night before the day visit.
    I gave a seminar to about 15 people about my research. I was interviewed by many scientists and also had some project discussions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when, if you had been more flexible, things would have worked out better.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have different opinions from someone how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate, the offer was very good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

Gave phone interview to scientist applicant. Asked standard battery of questions regarding skills for the Scientist role (e.g. specific to microscopy - so what type of experience the person had - # years, types of instruments, what they used the most etc.). Asked what they look for in an ideal job - i.e. Do they expect to work in a lab most of the time, some of the time (what %), how much they like to manage projects, do basic research, write up reports/results. etc.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing, I did not ask about you, but I should have asked about you? (Asked at end of interview).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

Three weeks after applying online to a posted position, I was contacted to completed a "success drivers" assessment and to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about an hour and consisted of behavioral-based "success drivers" type questions.I was invited for an on-site interview a week later, and this interview consisted of a 1-hr long presentation followed by project discussions and more interviews for the remainder of the day. The interviews and project discussions were with the associate directors and directors. Much of the questions during the interviews were again behavioral-based "success drivers" type questions. These questions are not easy to prepare for, and in order to perform well, one must be able to provide an articulate, intelligent and concise response to the question. I was given an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• If you could relive your life all over again, what would you do differently, in terms of education or career choices?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My attempt to negotiate a higher salary or signing bonus was not successful. The company seems to be pretty rigid with compensation. Not once during my interview did anyone ask what my salary expectations were and what my salary with my current employer was.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2009.

Interview

I posted my resume to a general resume book compiled by my department. The recruiter said she asked certain departments for the resume book and contacts the people she would like to interview. She and I happened to follow a similar educational path (we attended the same higher education schools) so that was a starting point for the conversation. She first asked me to describe my research in 6-8 minutes and since she and I worked in completely different fields, she stopped to ask me questions and it took closer to 20 minutes. I tried to apologize and she said I clearly showed enthusiasm and excitement about my research. She also asked me what I'm most proud of and times when I've led a team. At the end, she told me to go and specifically apply for certain jobs she thought I would be good for through the P&G website.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2016.

Interview

1-h behavioral interview involved with two interviewers and me. The interview asked me to introduce myself in the beginning. Then they asked about my research experiences. eg. How I solved a problem? How I collaborated with others?

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you made a breakthrough in your research area.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Apply online, then online assessment, then phone interview, then interview onsite with 5 managers in one day. It can be quite an extensive process. But it is all worth it.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

I had interviews with several colleagues from different roles. Overall, very positive experience. My interview lasted the whole day, but everyone was very friendly and supportive. Most questions were behavioural- based. After the interview, I also had to make presentation about my previous work experience in front of the team, followed by questions.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Egham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Egham, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Online test, followed by a telephone interview, an onsite day interview with three different panels and a 30 min presentation on my PhD research topic.The telephone interview happened day after I applied online and the onsite interview had to be scheduled for 2 weeks later as I was away.

Interview Questions

• General fit for the role. Majority of questions are on company's website.   Answer Question