Professional Educational Services Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Professional Educational Services Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2017

1.0

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Professional Educational Services Group (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

There were no interview questions. It is just a lot of hoops you have to jump through and paperwork you have to do. For example, you have to pay for your criminal background check, fingerprinting, and also for your substitute teaching permit from your state's department of education. You also have to take online modules and go in person to verify your identity at one of their meetings.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Professional Educational Services Group (Brookfield, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Overall: introduction, complete break down and questions about my resume, and then a discussion about what I am ultimately seeking for work. Then, what they can do for me.

Like most agencies, there is a build up of confidence and telling you how great your resume is, how you were not challenged at your previous employers, etc. It is difficult to sit there for an hour after 30 min on already spent on the phone of hearing the same positive and encouraging words to only end with a letdown.

If you are someone who can quickly break out (free) of a situation where you are about to be taken for a ride; do it! It is like listening to someone give a sales pitch and you already know where it's going...but you cannot get up and excuse yourself.

Some recruiters are kind, honest, and tell you what they can do and they ask you...they don't tell you what is going to happen. This experience was a matter of being told. Being put on the spot is never comfortable and a pretty situation.

It's like having a wonderful date at a decent restaurant only to get the bill and have your date toss it at you. "You're really nice, sweet, kind, funny, and wow you have so much to offer but...I'm just not interested and btw can you get the bill; bye!"

Seriously, save your time and energy. If you need a confidence boost, then go check them out. Otherwise, expect to have an offer for a job that will pay you half or more than half of what you were making ten years ago so they can pocket the rest and continue to smile.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? With each work history: Tell me a little more about your job duties at this position? Why did you leave?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Professional Educational Services Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Orientation meeting at a selected location, usually close to your zip code. Orientations were available almost everyday, so it worked around your schedule. Ideal for college students, retirees, and parents to make a difference in a child's life and make decent money.

Substitute Teacher- Permit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Professional Educational Services Group (Detroit, MI).

Interview

At the time I applied, there was no interview process. All prospective candidates were advised to report to a general orientation. At the general orientation, information about PESG was presented then questions were solicited. Candidates were given a packet of "new" employee documents and asked to complete. All documents were submitted before departure. There were no one on one interviews, at the time I applied for employment. Thing may have changed with all of the new regulations.

Negotiation

Wages are based on teaching credentials and individual district/school contracts with PESG. These hourly wages are negotiated and established then made available for review.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Professional Educational Services Group.

Interview

First you go online and fill out an application, take a very easy skill test and choose the districts you want to work at. You are also required to attend an "informational meeting". Online you can find out the pay rates for each district. When choosing your district it is very important to choose even the ones you THINK you want to work at. Next you upload your resume. Finally, you pay to get a FBI fingerprinting/background check which can take up to 1 month. Afterwards they will send you an email congratulating that you have been accepted. But there is no interview process, just an evaluation on your background.

Anonymous Employee in Berkley, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Professional Educational Services Group (Berkley, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

There really was no interview process. You just sign up and go to a group meeting where they tell you how to get jobs. They didn't really tell us much about what to expect about the actual job. They were more concerned about just filling spots.

Interview Questions

• They did not really ask any questions. Just informed us how to get jobs online.   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Interview

There is no interview process. You basically just need to have 90 credits and not be convicted of a felony. There is a seminar type thing that you're required to go to, and you have to get fingerprinted (which you pay for) and a TB test.

Because there is no interview process, you pretty much just sign up to be a substitute teacher on their website. It's easy to get a job; they hire anyone that meets the criteria.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Professional Educational Services Group (Lawrence, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Was none really.Had to submit college transcript that you had enough credits to qualify. Had to get finger printed and had to file out a ton of paper work.Was done in a group and just explained how things would work once you got hired.

Interview Questions

• Did you go to a 4 year university? Do you have proof with your transcript   1 Answer

Negotiation

no. just took a while for them to get back with me on if all my paper work was approved

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Professional Educational Services Group.

Interview

Really there is no interview process to be a substitute teacher with Pesg. You just have to go through your local isd and apply, fill out paper work and get a background check. Once you are approved you are hired and get paid by pesg.

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Professional Educational Services Group (Sterling Heights, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

Just sign up and attend a brief training session. Very simple. There are no minimum requirements, but you must have a background check done at the police station, which you must pay for before being hired. There are some videos that you have to watch, but you just have to view them once, not yearly.