Profiles International Strategic Business Partner- Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Profiles International Strategic Business Partner- Sales Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Strategic Business Partner- Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Profiles International (Atlanta, GA) in February 2009.

Interview

She described the company, the organization and the role of the strategic business partner. The product they sell is assessment tools for businesses to get more value out of they employees, do background checking for HR purposes and to conduct the assessments with the companies to make sure they buyer gets full use of the tools. I had posted my resume on career builder and this was the only phone call I had received from posting. I was impressed, researched the company, and thought it was a good opportunity... UNTIL, she described that to be "hired" I had to pay $12,000 as part of a buy-in. This was the "purchase" of the tools I would be selling. There is a 300% mark-up from wholesale and she provided examples of transactions: a $20K sale nets you $15K, your clients are yours "for life" (you can get residual earnings), and a recent retiree is making $200K+ from his Louisiana Community Coffee company. Profiles International targets companies that are 250 people or less. They have 700 strategic business partners globally. She said the total interview process takes 6 weeks. She asked several times if I was "an entrepauner" and "if I could see myself selling these tools" and "if I was good with people 1:1" I clarified that this was NOT a position within their corporation, but a 'business partner' model.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer because it was asking for a $12,000 investment and a buy-in to the company. I want a company that wants me, my talent, not my money. I view a job as a way to make money for myself and a company.