Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company Interview Questions

Interviews at Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company

2.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company.

Interview

I met with a co-worker and hiring manager. They needed a person with my skillset and was hired in two days. I really enjoyed the interview and people I met.

Interview Questions

• If I was capable of handing projects and working with other.   Answer Question

Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company (Independence, KY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview went well but actual on the job was terrible. I was hired as a welder but they quickly turned me into a laborer. Their safety program was a joke. They obviously made a ridiculous safety program to satisfy osha but Harlan constantly overruled that program to make his bonus higher

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albertville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company (Albertville, AL) in April 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed and informal. I met the Manager and was given a tour of the Operation Center. I was introduced to some of the people on the team I would work with if hired. We then went to the managers office and he looked over my application and asked me a few questions about my skill set. He made it extremely easy. It was like I was just talking to an old friend. I didn't feel nervous like I have in other interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in IT?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company.

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager of my department and HR. Hiring has to go through corporate after a canditate is chosen. Its a long process. Drug screenings, a lot of paperwork, and background checks are needed before you are allowed to start. Process from start to finish was about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions asked, best thing to do is prepare yourself with answers in advance   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Test Technician Interview

Application

Interview

You really just need to convince your interviewer of 3 things. You are very trainable, or in other words have good "learning agility". You can use knowledge to solve a technical problem. You like to wotk hard and are dependable. Electrical experience is very helpfull, especially as an electrician or electronics tech.

Interview Questions

• Can you work lots of overtime?   1 Answer

Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company (Union, KY) in January 2018.

Interview

Met with the car shop plant manager and took a facility tour. The whole experience was very pleasant and positive. Plant manager was very nice and easy to talk to.

Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company.

Interview

Very informal, and at times very unorthodox. The hiring manager was very informative about the company, but never really took the time to "interview me." I met with the HR Manager for less than 10 minutes and was informed that I would need to come back at a later date to complete the interview process. Total interview process took over a month of phone calls, medical exam, and a separate meeting for benefits review.

Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company.

Interview

The interview process was no nonsense and straight forward. They asked typical interview questions, and later turned into a conversational affair. After the interview, I was shown around and met many of the people I would work with.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company.

Interview

Initially contracted in through sterling. Interviewed with the manager of the department and with domestic and international supervisors. Both interviews were welcoming and open to questions about the role. Questions were focused on how I would handle conflict and problem solve on the job.

Interview Questions

• Share a previous experience you have had resolving a problem with a customer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company.

Interview

I was brought in without an interview as a temp. based on education and previous experience. I did not have to interview when offered the full time position since I had worked directly for the hiring manager.