Progress Rail Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progress Rail Services Interview Questions

2.2

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Progress Rail Services.

Interview

I was brought in without an interview as a temp. based on education and previous experience. I did not have to interview when offered the full time position since I had worked directly for the hiring manager.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progress Rail Services.

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager of my department and HR. Hiring has to go through corporate after a canditate is chosen. Its a long process. Drug screenings, a lot of paperwork, and background checks are needed before you are allowed to start. Process from start to finish was about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions asked, best thing to do is prepare yourself with answers in advance   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Carman IV Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progress Rail Services.

Interview

This interview was conducted by the Local manager and HR rep separately. It was a very traditional interview with the usual basic question and answer format. Be prepared to have at least one example of being safety conscious and what would you do if in a certain bad safety situation.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to explain how you would handle safety related incidents.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NONE flat starting rate of $13.10 take it or leave it.

Signal Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progress Rail Services (Hudson, WI) in February 2013.

Interview

It was only a couple hours, part with HR just describing the benefits and the other part was with a panel of 5. The panel was all very friendly, none of the questions were overly difficult or technical, they just wanted to hear that you are willing to work hard, will pay attention to detail, and are willing to go above and beyond.

Human Resources Data Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progress Rail Services in September 2010.

Interview

1st interview was about an hour long. I was interviewed by two people for about 30 minutes. I was asked to come back the following week. They told me that they had chosen me and one other candidate to interview once more. I was interviewed again and asked about my Peoplesoft skills. I was then taken to one of the manager's office and talked with him for a bit. Then, I was brought into a large room where several ladies worked (and would be my coworkers). Met with them for a bit and they showed me a few things that they did. I left and several days later they told me that they had decided on another candidate because I had a teaching background and they were afraid I would leave because I had went to school to become a teacher. About a month later, they called me back again to see if I might be interested in another interview. I declined.

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progress Rail Services in June 2011.

Interview

HR person was pleasant and professional at all times, 2 of the 3 members of the panel were over 45 minutes late to the interview and all they ever said when they got there is "Are you a team player?" Drug test, physical and background check were routine and as standard as they are for any typical job. Position and current status of the role was misrepresented and oversold.

Perpective candidates: ask A LOT of questions. Ask for a JOB DESCRIPTION, ask for expectations of the role...and make sure EVERYONE answers you.