Progressive Business Publications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.9

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Interview

Applied online. I was called a few days later for an interview. I interviewed with meanest person who ever took a breath of life. It was the 2nd interview I'd ever had in my life. I'd only been at one company but was fortunate enough to have had two jobs there. When I asked about my experience I started with my 1st job, not my current one. When I got done he screamed " what the **** does that have to do with anything." Omg! When I was done being berated by him, I interviewed with a much nicer person. I'm grateful I didn't get the job. Company is a hot mess.

Entry Level Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Contacted in late October about coming in for interview. Set up interview for early November. Interview lasted an hour, before being moved to another interview for another hour-long question session. Three individuals I interviewed for were nice, interesting people who worked at Progressive Business Publications to support their real writing passions. Deep looks of longing and heavy sighs complemented my questions of how much they enjoyed their time spent at PBP. Nobody works here for the betterment of the company.

After this initial interview, I spent three weeks working on a 200-word assignment. This was not due to my own editing process, but because of the time PBP spent critiquing the assignment and interviewing candidates. I realize the vetting process must be thorough, but three weeks to critique a 200 word assignment is an unfair and unprofessional way to string along prospective employees. I met the standards PBP required for the assignment and scheduled another interview for a week prior to Thanksgiving.

At this final interview, I was asked why I wanted to work at PBP and why my background in journalism met their standards. I gave the "correct" answers and hate myself for it. I spoke of "great reputations" and "charismatic employees" when, in reality, the past month of waiting and critiquing allowed for extensive Googling and research on PBP.

Please, for your sanity and morals, Google "PBP scam." A world of F's and complaints from the BBB, Ripoff Report and consumer affairs awaits you.

(Initially contacted on October 25th. Found out I did not receive job this past week.)

Interview Questions

Progressive Business Publications Response

Jan 29, 2016 – HR Manager

Progressive Business Publications is rated "B" by the Better Business Bureau. The Company is also rated "AAA": by the Business Consumers Alliance.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

You will be asked to fill out a survey in advance of the first interview. If you pass the first interview, there will be a couple of tests, including a writing test. Candidates who pass these tests are calling in for a second interview. Both in-peron interviews will last approximately one hour.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

Great process...very fair and thorough.

Interview Questions

• Not a question, per se, but I had an involved project I had to complete.   Answer Question

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in February 2009.

Interview

I was so white-knuckled going into the interviews that it's a little hard to recall specifics. They cut me some slack for the nervousness but kept calling me back for additional interviews when there was nothing new to say. I got the impression that they really didn't have the expertise to evaluate my skills.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about PBP?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I lowballed myself on the salary requirements part of their application. When I tried to negotiate up, the HR Manager told me that if I requested a higher salary, he would rescind the job offer. I later learned that others at my level received similar salaries, so I was not that bad off, relatively speaking.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (New York, NY).

Interview

Very Professional, be ready to read a script! First you call in, and then you are selected to come in for the interview. The process is fast, but professional. Be ready for a personality test before you leave.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant and I gained tremendous knowledge from interacting with key individuals. By far the best interview experience I had in my entire career. Predictive Index assessment was taken prior to 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• There were many questions asked that are relevant to my experience and the requirements of the job.   Answer Question

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frackville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Frackville, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then face to face, then fill out a personality test. The manager explained the job efficiently and effectively. I had to role play a script They also gave me a tour of the place and I got to hear the employees and ask them how they liked their job.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your last job?
      What did you like the least?
      Describe your ideal summer position?
      1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Long and thorough. First a conversation with HR followed by the manager of the department for a potential position. Then an interview at PBP with HR and the department managers.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Bensalem, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Everyone looked so happy! Either they had too much coffee or this is a great company to work for. Scheduling flexibility was a plus for me. Benefit package looked attractive. I guess I'll find out soon if they are authentic

Interview Questions

• what would you find challenging working at the call center?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiations. You get a base hrly. You can make $10-$20 an hr based on how well you do.