Progressive Business Publications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Interview

Applied online. I was called a few days later for an interview. I interviewed with meanest person who ever took a breath of life. It was the 2nd interview I'd ever had in my life. I'd only been at one company but was fortunate enough to have had two jobs there. When I asked about my experience I started with my 1st job, not my current one. When I got done he screamed " what the **** does that have to do with anything." Omg! When I was done being berated by him, I interviewed with a much nicer person. I'm grateful I didn't get the job. Company is a hot mess.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pottsville, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Pottsville, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process is lengthy...so prepare for at least an hour of your time. Also, prepare for lots of math and vocabulary comparison "tests". Dress like you want the job too...this should not need to be stated but obviously some people have zero common sense.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would successful at this job and other people would not?   1 Answer

Entry Level Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Contacted in late October about coming in for interview. Set up interview for early November. Interview lasted an hour, before being moved to another interview for another hour-long question session. Three individuals I interviewed for were nice, interesting people who worked at Progressive Business Publications to support their real writing passions. Deep looks of longing and heavy sighs complemented my questions of how much they enjoyed their time spent at PBP. Nobody works here for the betterment of the company.

After this initial interview, I spent three weeks working on a 200-word assignment. This was not due to my own editing process, but because of the time PBP spent critiquing the assignment and interviewing candidates. I realize the vetting process must be thorough, but three weeks to critique a 200 word assignment is an unfair and unprofessional way to string along prospective employees. I met the standards PBP required for the assignment and scheduled another interview for a week prior to Thanksgiving.

At this final interview, I was asked why I wanted to work at PBP and why my background in journalism met their standards. I gave the "correct" answers and hate myself for it. I spoke of "great reputations" and "charismatic employees" when, in reality, the past month of waiting and critiquing allowed for extensive Googling and research on PBP.

Please, for your sanity and morals, Google "PBP scam." A world of F's and complaints from the BBB, Ripoff Report and consumer affairs awaits you.

(Initially contacted on October 25th. Found out I did not receive job this past week.)

Interview Questions

Progressive Business Publications Response

Jan 29, 2016 – HR Manager

Progressive Business Publications is rated "B" by the Better Business Bureau. The Company is also rated "AAA": by the Business Consumers Alliance.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

You will be asked to fill out a survey in advance of the first interview. If you pass the first interview, there will be a couple of tests, including a writing test. Candidates who pass these tests are calling in for a second interview. Both in-peron interviews will last approximately one hour.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

Great process...very fair and thorough.

Interview Questions

• Not a question, per se, but I had an involved project I had to complete.   Answer Question

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in February 2009.

Interview

I was so white-knuckled going into the interviews that it's a little hard to recall specifics. They cut me some slack for the nervousness but kept calling me back for additional interviews when there was nothing new to say. I got the impression that they really didn't have the expertise to evaluate my skills.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about PBP?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I lowballed myself on the salary requirements part of their application. When I tried to negotiate up, the HR Manager told me that if I requested a higher salary, he would rescind the job offer. I later learned that others at my level received similar salaries, so I was not that bad off, relatively speaking.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with HR management went over what responsibilities I would have, how I should conduct myself in the office and how to appropriately dress for the work environment. HR was very good at describing the dynamics of the office.

Interview Questions

• Had to take a quick critical thinking test, before answering simple interview questions   Answer Question

Conference Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. We went through my resume and relevant experience and I was asked how I would apply it to the open position. I was also asked how I would go about responding to different scenarios. Conversation was easy-going and relaxed in its nature - very positive experience overall.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications.

Interview

Was contacted via email after I applied. HR person asked a few questions and then asked me to come in for an in person interview. First part was a meeting with HR then I took a test that they provided. I then met with two team members who I would be working with directly. About halfway through the interview with them I realized that this was not the job I applied for. The HR person did not tell me before hand and I was not correctly prepared for this interview. Very unprofessional and I feel as though I was set up for failure and didn't have a fair chance at the job right out of the gate. The least she could have done was told me "hey I know you applied for this job but I think you would be a fit for this one as well" so I could at least prepare properly. Disappointing.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (New York, NY).

Interview

Very Professional, be ready to read a script! First you call in, and then you are selected to come in for the interview. The process is fast, but professional. Be ready for a personality test before you leave.