Progressive Business Publications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pottsville, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Pottsville, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process is lengthy...so prepare for at least an hour of your time. Also, prepare for lots of math and vocabulary comparison "tests". Dress like you want the job too...this should not need to be stated but obviously some people have zero common sense.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would successful at this job and other people would not?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with HR management went over what responsibilities I would have, how I should conduct myself in the office and how to appropriately dress for the work environment. HR was very good at describing the dynamics of the office.

Interview Questions

• Had to take a quick critical thinking test, before answering simple interview questions   Answer Question

Conference Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. We went through my resume and relevant experience and I was asked how I would apply it to the open position. I was also asked how I would go about responding to different scenarios. Conversation was easy-going and relaxed in its nature - very positive experience overall.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications.

Interview

Was contacted via email after I applied. HR person asked a few questions and then asked me to come in for an in person interview. First part was a meeting with HR then I took a test that they provided. I then met with two team members who I would be working with directly. About halfway through the interview with them I realized that this was not the job I applied for. The HR person did not tell me before hand and I was not correctly prepared for this interview. Very unprofessional and I feel as though I was set up for failure and didn't have a fair chance at the job right out of the gate. The least she could have done was told me "hey I know you applied for this job but I think you would be a fit for this one as well" so I could at least prepare properly. Disappointing.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Bensalem, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

My interview process lasted for a good 30 minutes. The hiring manager was very energetic and professional. He shook my hand and liked my application and asked me if I was willing to work a full time schedule with no nights and no weekends with a position that offered free training, pay plus commission and the opportunity to grow with the company and come into a management position after a year if that is what I desired to do. I smiled immediately and accepted the job offer and I worked my way up into learning how to market the company's business products for 2 years.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had any knowledge about what Progressive Business Publications was all about?   1 Answer

Marketing Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Bensalem, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

They schedule an interview as soon as you call. They introduce themselves and have you sit down and fill out an application and then when you finish they bring you back to interview you. They ask if you're comfortable with what the position entails

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (New York, NY).

Interview

Very Professional, be ready to read a script! First you call in, and then you are selected to come in for the interview. The process is fast, but professional. Be ready for a personality test before you leave.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant and I gained tremendous knowledge from interacting with key individuals. By far the best interview experience I had in my entire career. Predictive Index assessment was taken prior to 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• There were many questions asked that are relevant to my experience and the requirements of the job.   Answer Question

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frackville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Frackville, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then face to face, then fill out a personality test. The manager explained the job efficiently and effectively. I had to role play a script They also gave me a tour of the place and I got to hear the employees and ask them how they liked their job.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your last job?
      What did you like the least?
      Describe your ideal summer position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Long and thorough. First a conversation with HR followed by the manager of the department for a potential position. Then an interview at PBP with HR and the department managers.