Progressive Business Publications Interview Questions in Malvern, PA | Glassdoor

Progressive Business Publications Interview Questions in Malvern, PA

Updated Aug 2, 2017

3.2

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Conference Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. We went through my resume and relevant experience and I was asked how I would apply it to the open position. I was also asked how I would go about responding to different scenarios. Conversation was easy-going and relaxed in its nature - very positive experience overall.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant and I gained tremendous knowledge from interacting with key individuals. By far the best interview experience I had in my entire career. Predictive Index assessment was taken prior to 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• There were many questions asked that are relevant to my experience and the requirements of the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Interview

Applied online. I was called a few days later for an interview. I interviewed with meanest person who ever took a breath of life. It was the 2nd interview I'd ever had in my life. I'd only been at one company but was fortunate enough to have had two jobs there. When I asked about my experience I started with my 1st job, not my current one. When I got done he screamed " what the **** does that have to do with anything." Omg! When I was done being berated by him, I interviewed with a much nicer person. I'm grateful I didn't get the job. Company is a hot mess.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Long and thorough. First a conversation with HR followed by the manager of the department for a potential position. Then an interview at PBP with HR and the department managers.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very simple interview process. Got called in from my college that PBP wanted to reach out to me after submitting my application. After receiving an email from them i had a phone interview than was brought in for a normal in person interview. Went very well. Behavioral questions mostly

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume via job site, had phone screen and did online survey. Was called for interview, did another assessment test while there. Tag team interview was comfortable and focused on handling real situations and my experiences, no crazy questions.

Negotiation

No negotiation or very little, they were flexible on some pre-planned family events and vacation.

Entry Level Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Contacted in late October about coming in for interview. Set up interview for early November. Interview lasted an hour, before being moved to another interview for another hour-long question session. Three individuals I interviewed for were nice, interesting people who worked at Progressive Business Publications to support their real writing passions. Deep looks of longing and heavy sighs complemented my questions of how much they enjoyed their time spent at PBP. Nobody works here for the betterment of the company.

After this initial interview, I spent three weeks working on a 200-word assignment. This was not due to my own editing process, but because of the time PBP spent critiquing the assignment and interviewing candidates. I realize the vetting process must be thorough, but three weeks to critique a 200 word assignment is an unfair and unprofessional way to string along prospective employees. I met the standards PBP required for the assignment and scheduled another interview for a week prior to Thanksgiving.

At this final interview, I was asked why I wanted to work at PBP and why my background in journalism met their standards. I gave the "correct" answers and hate myself for it. I spoke of "great reputations" and "charismatic employees" when, in reality, the past month of waiting and critiquing allowed for extensive Googling and research on PBP.

Please, for your sanity and morals, Google "PBP scam." A world of F's and complaints from the BBB, Ripoff Report and consumer affairs awaits you.

(Initially contacted on October 25th. Found out I did not receive job this past week.)

Interview Questions

Progressive Business Publications Response

Jan 29, 2016 – HR Manager

Progressive Business Publications is rated "B" by the Better Business Bureau. The Company is also rated "AAA": by the Business Consumers Alliance.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

You will be asked to fill out a survey in advance of the first interview. If you pass the first interview, there will be a couple of tests, including a writing test. Candidates who pass these tests are calling in for a second interview. Both in-peron interviews will last approximately one hour.

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

Great process...very fair and thorough.

Interview Questions

• Not a question, per se, but I had an involved project I had to complete.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in September 2009.

Interview

It was very unprofessional in nature. I was asked my age right out of the gate which really took me by surprise to be quite honest. i was also asked whether or not i was married and had children to "check if i was eligable for their benefit plan"? the conference room in which i was interviewed had various board games laying around and was just a mess. The people were not very friendly at all and seemed as if they really didnt want to be there.

Negotiation

i was unable to negotiate my pay. i was told what my pay would be.