Progressive Insurance Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Cleveland, OH) in September 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter. Standard STAR format questions, about 5 in total.

Interview Questions

• Time when you've had a difficult time working with someone?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

I got an e-mail on a Friday, stating they wanted to schedule a phone interview for the next day. It took me by surprise, because it was a weekend. The e-mail wasn't worded very professionally, and she gave me less than a 24-hour notice. I didn't mind because I didn't have plans - but it's the weekend, what if I had been scheduled to work all weekend? One day's notice may not have worked in my favor.

The phone interview was fairly simple. She asked me a lot about my internships and activities, why I was interested in the position, etc. She said she would call me the next day, Sunday, regardless of if I was moving on or not. She explained that she was interviewing more people that day and the next day, and that they would select a group to come to the office for interviews.

Four days went by and I hadn't heard anything. I looked on their website to find that I was "Not Selected." I have no problem with not being selected, nor do I have a problem with finding it out via the website - what I did not like was not being called or e-mailed, after the person who interviewed me had said she would let me know the next day. However, I do not base my opinion of the company as a whole off of this single phone interview - I just wish that more courtesy was used in informing me of my application status!

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you and a professor disagreed on something. How did you solve it and what was the result?   Answer Question